24 replies to this topic

#1 softis ^O^

softis ^O^

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

Sorry if this is too dull to ask but...how do you counter pick Singed?

I always have the same feeling whenever I see the enemy team picks Singed..."oh boy here comes the unkillable tank with the derisory laugh taunt".
Its basically an autoloss unless our carries get incredibly fed or else end game Singed its just gonna walk around like a boss he is -_-"

So I was wondering, which champion could dominate him during the lane phase? Once he gets catalyst he does what he wants... :(

#2 tastee

tastee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Pick/ban him..
xfire: timoioui
steam: tastee
esea: tastee
LoL: tasteee

#3 Shiftrider

Shiftrider

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

brand..

brand..

brand..
Giving lessons! Link to thread for more information. Thanks for support!

#4 RheA

RheA

BOSS

• Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

Pick a champ like Malzahar / Cassiopeia / Orianna who can heavily outzone him or a champ with good mobility/range: Teemo / Ezreal / Cait / MF; harass him constantly while using brush to lose enemy minion aggro; chip from his health every time you get the chance just as playing vs a Vlad and keep out of his fling radius (which btw is shit). Shouldn't be hard to outpush/outfarm him, but it could be a little difficult to surprise and kill him by yourself -> call mid+jungle to gank repeatedly to force him to lose farm and levels early on.
Posted Image

#5 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Get something with a strong slow. Singed without his movespeed sucks.

This can start at Ashe for ranged AD, or Zil as a caster, Nasus as bruiser top, Nunu as jungler, Janna as support, the list goes on.

Or do you search for a particular counterpick to lane against Singed?

#6 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Just pick someone who you can harass good with, Singed is extremely useless without farm so by denying him farm that's all you need to do for your team to stop him from getting what he needs to get.

Yeah and that's why I smile
It's been a while
since every day and everything has
felt this right
and now you're turning all around
and suddenly you're all I need

#7 EvilASD

EvilASD

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

You will want a counterpick that doesnt let him farm much and doesnt let him run past ur tower to farm minions. Such picks would be Kennen and Renekton. Nope, not Mordekaiser. If u are looking for a lategame counter id suggest LeeSin. Singed has a hard time laning against most top lane champions by the way. He shines by outfarming/outpushing u and flinging u into his team 1v5 in teamfights due to his superior movement speed and great ultimate.

#8 Absolute Chaos

Absolute Chaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

morde and irelia seems to work against him

#9 Goooseeey

Goooseeey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

Singed is a great farmer, even at his turret, so I'd look for someone who can heavily harass him at a range to the point where he doesn't even feel safe to do so.

I would choose Malz for this objective, since he has great ranged harass, and a decently spammable (grab blue if you can) max health % zone that could make Singed scared to farm, even if he's pushed all the way back.

Of course, don't forget to buy wards so you don't get hella killed while pushing.

#10 Kio

Kio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

I've done quite well against singed as nidalee and irelia, sometimes denying him a lot of farm.

The key is to not let him run through the creep line with his poison - punish him hard for this, then back up to your tower and farm safely. If he's spamming fling, he'll run out of mana quickly, so bear that in mind too.

#11 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

Destroy his early game = win.

worked for me in the last 2 matches where i encountered a Singed. That usally means cc and or ranged poke or lots of ganks. Destroy his tower early and keep protecting that tower because he will return a lot of times to farm top.

But if he does, you can either go to that lane or feed on his team and teamgank him.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#12 softis ^O^

softis ^O^

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Im looking for a specific counterpick to lane against Singed that if possible would have not to "screw up" the normal and usual lanes (AP mid, Ranged AD+Support bot)
I know his weakness is the slow, Ashe can kite him all day long but then again if you move the ranged AD to top to deal with Singed, what is left on bot? An offtanky-melee-bruiser with a support against a most likely AD Ranged + support from the opposing team? Not so clever :/ What if the enemy team had Taric+Caitlyn? yeahhhhh T_T

So this is why basically gives me headaches all the time Singed is being picked by the enemy team. And Singed is not worth the ban, there are clearly more OP champs than him, although end-game Singed is just ridiculous! grrr

#13 randompanda

randompanda

The One and Only General Panda! Join my Army Peasants!

• Members
  • 4737 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

First of all the meta is not set in stone! Secondly some bruiser + support work actually really well bot, I'm thinking of taric/garen :) xin, xin works wonders to bot. If you watched gamescom, you should have noted that higher tier players DO switch lanes if one of their lanes is having dificulties with a certain champion. Most of the time you would want to put a ranged champ top vs him. I feel that singed is a champion that only does well if his team does well. If he can free farm top while his team dominated the other 2 lanes you're screwed but thats true for most champions.

Posted Image

#14 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Singed got a bad early game. There I said it. He isn't tanky at all before he gets his catalyst, and even then, so you have to punish him with champions with a strong early game.

For the solo-top role, if you want a bruiser, champions immediately jumping to my mind are: Jax, Renekton, LeeSin, Irelia, Udyr, Yorick, maybe even GP. There might be more.

Key is to deny his farm. To do this 1. only lasthit of course so you don't push your lane and 2. punish him for running through the minions. If he runs through them and attacks you back your minions will attack him too. Singed got no natural sustain, wear him down and make him hide in fear. Always make sure to ward properly so a jungler gank, that will sure be called for, doesn't succeed!

Other alternative is going with a ranged AD top, for example ashe, kog and cait excel vs singed and can easily zone and slow him.

#15 woll3Y

woll3Y

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

Destroying singed's lane presence will not affect his teamfight presence that much. therefore, you should focus on countering him in teamfights, not lane phase. To be effective in team fights, singed has to do 2 things, be fast and be near the enemy. To counter this, pick someone with a displacement ability (I.e. Alistar's Headbutt) and pick another character with a super-slow (I.e. Zilean's slow). Putting these 2 CC's on him in the middle of a fight will keep him away from you and unable to to any damage for at least 4 seconds. During that time, kill the enemy carries and then turn your attention to Singed. Make sure you put the slow on him before you displace him though, otherwise he'll run right back into the fight.

#16 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

Destroying singed's lane presence will not affect his teamfight presence that much. therefore, you should focus on countering him in teamfights, not lane phase. To be effective in team fights, singed has to do 2 things, be fast and be near the enemy. To counter this, pick someone with a displacement ability (I.e. Alistar's Headbutt) and pick another character with a super-slow (I.e. Zilean's slow). Putting these 2 CC's on him in the middle of a fight will keep him away from you and unable to to any damage for at least 4 seconds. During that time, kill the enemy carries and then turn your attention to Singed. Make sure you put the slow on him before you displace him though, otherwise he'll run right back into the fight.

eh? I rather use my CC on the enemy carrys or any important ult like..lets say..

Malz, Kat, Nunu, Morgana etc.. not on some retarded 1 person flinging idiot whos walking around.

You are better of destroying his early game and ignite the bitch when you do want to focus him.. because ignite pretty much goes straight trough his ult.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#17 EvilASD

EvilASD

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

Im looking for a specific counterpick to lane against Singed

As i said, get Renekton, Kennen or LeeSin. All completely shit on Singed.

#18 Gentry

Gentry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

Sorry if this is too dull to ask but...how do you counter pick Singed?

I always have the same feeling whenever I see the enemy team picks Singed..."oh boy here comes the unkillable tank with the derisory laugh taunt".
Its basically an autoloss unless our carries get incredibly fed or else end game Singed its just gonna walk around like a boss he is -_-"

So I was wondering, which champion could dominate him during the lane phase? Once he gets catalyst he does what he wants... :(

I've always found Kogmaw to be a nice counterpick for singed. With his W and Madreds Bloodrazer his high hp becomes his downfall. Also do to kogmaw's incredible range, and AOE slow it makes it very difficult for him to farm in lane and close distance for his toss. Your major difficulty here will be really high levels of magic resist, and your own fragile HP in teamfights. Careful positioning and some clever spell penetration through good runing and items like Malady solve this problem. Hope this helps.

#19 Monty

Monty

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

I've always found Kogmaw to be a nice counterpick for singed. With his W and Madreds Bloodrazer his high hp becomes his downfall. Also do to kogmaw's incredible range, and AOE slow it makes it very difficult for him to farm in lane and close distance for his toss. Your major difficulty here will be really high levels of magic resist, and your own fragile HP in teamfights. Careful positioning and some clever spell penetration through good runing and items like Malady solve this problem. Hope this helps.

problem with Kog'Maw as a counterpick for singed is that FoN and Banshees are 2 very common items on singed, making his %hp not that effective.
Posted Image

#20 Hypnox

Hypnox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Capt. Teemo :lol: xd
Posted Image