Photo

How do you play against orianna as brand?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ZA KI YA MA

ZA KI YA MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

How do you play against orianna as brand in mid lane? it seems that her ball has longer reach than brand's W and E and it seems her cooldowns are a lot lower as well. any tips? or strats that brand players can share?

#2 Kanova

Kanova

• Members
  • 1534 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:28 AM

Change your rune book, masteries and first item. Try to read her moves a bit, if she starts just walking towards you after she was strafing she is probably getting ready to harass. If she does, and you get hit by everything, you might as well hit your combo as well. That's better then rammed and not doing anything back. Maybe change what you max first.
Bleach is mostly water, and we're mostly water, therefore we are bleach.

#3 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

When she comes in range to use her ball..she is in rage for your pillar. so throw it out there when shes walking towards you.

+ the ball does less dmg after eacht unit it hits.. so try to stay close to your minions and try to predict the road that the ball is taking and either evade or stay close to the minions to let them take some hits and let you take less.

If she does throw the ball trough minions to hurt you..she is pushing and open to ganks.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#4 turbOpun

turbOpun

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

Start boots and potions, too.

The boots mean you will take less harassment and the potions means you will recover from the harassment you do take.

Grab your D-Ring when you have acquiesced enough gold, push your lane at her, go back. Should be okay bro. More potions & Last hit.

#5 ZA KI YA MA

ZA KI YA MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Thanks guys, ill try these tips and see how it goes!

#6 Hartfist

Hartfist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

burst the hell out of her and make her suck your burnt balls, you just need to damage her more than she damages you and she'll get scared

#7 Antifail

Antifail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

How do you play against orianna as brand in mid lane? it seems that her ball has longer reach than brand's W and E and it seems her cooldowns are a lot lower as well. any tips? or strats that brand players can share?

I read the tips other people gave you and i dont think it will help you out a lot. I main brand and had to find a way to win orianna mid and here it goes.

So basically start with bots and 3 pots. ( Movespeed quints ). Max out E first and then W. ofc 1 point in stun early.
Always fake one harass like rushing to her and be ready to dodge his counterball, with movespeed 390 its easy. after the ball yu have about 6 seconds to retaliate when she is on cooldown. Back off and when she comes a bit closer run and force E skill on her and W if you can, back off and repeat the fakerush. when shes low enough its time to E .. back off Flash on her fast Q -> stun W ignite autoattack and shes down. So it really comes to dodging the first ball and retaliating on cooldown. With much higher movespeed its easy to force E skill on her and make her burn. dont push or use spells on minions. Best runes against her would be Mpen red, manareg yel, ap blue and movspeed quint. I use cdr blue tho.

#8 crystal

crystal

Uninstalled

• Members
  • 2040 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

Yea, she has longer reach through the ball, but her shots can all be dodged, so don't be afraid to rush the lvl2 boots to have a definite advantage of movement speed. This combined with the E which always hits and brand's passive should keep you ahead in the harass wars.
I hate all League of Legends players. Except you of course

#9 Zedd

Zedd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

last time i played brand vs a orianna the solution was /surrender.
but it depends on how skilled the orianna is :P

The point for me is to land your combo before she uses her ulti to ball u.

#10 ZA KI YA MA

ZA KI YA MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

thanks, i will try this max E first.

#11 Deeerpz

Deeerpz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

thanks, i will try this max E first.

Wouldn't do that either. Your E is basically just for triggering your passive, making your W (which, as advocated, should be used as a retaliation tool whenever her Q is on cooldown) 25% stronger. Can't think of a scenario where you wouldn't max W first, to be honest. I might be wrong about that, tho.

Yeah.

#12 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:28 AM

Wouldn't do that either. Your E is basically just for triggering your passive, making your W (which, as advocated, should be used as a retaliation tool whenever her Q is on cooldown) 25% stronger. Can't think of a scenario where you wouldn't max W first, to be honest. I might be wrong about that, tho.

Orianna can shield or avoid your W, your E is harder to see coming and also deals a good amount of damage when maxed 1st.
Posted Image

#13 Antifail

Antifail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

The damage is enough and if you sometimes follow up e with w its a huge burst. Maxing E first is really important against shielders like orianna and morgana. Have you actually played brand a lot :)? W is easily dodged by good players..

#14 Deeerpz

Deeerpz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

The damage is enough and if you sometimes follow up e with w its a huge burst. Maxing E first is really important against shielders like orianna and morgana. Have you actually played brand a lot :)? W is easily dodged by good players..

It was stated earlier: if she is in range to hit you with her ball, she is in range for pillar. It's about movement prediction.

Just my 2ct of course, this game is a lot about personal style and preferences. I just tend to deal with her way better with maxed W. Morgana might be a different story, haven't faced one as Brand in mid for ages, though.

Yeah.

#15 doceedd

doceedd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

in all honesty you are an ap nuke and you put out much more damage than she does. when she hits you with the ball you make her regret it by nuking her back. brand is that one character that u have to show aggression and make sure she understands that while she may hit you, its not safe to play with fire.

#16 Antifail

Antifail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

in all honesty you are an ap nuke and you put out much more damage than she does. when she hits you with the ball you make her regret it by nuking her back. brand is that one character that u have to show aggression and make sure she understands that while she may hit you, its not safe to play with fire.

Outdmging _good_ orianna isnt a good idea. She has great shield. She has great slow. Pillar isnt hard to dodge and with minions brand rarely hits q against a good orianna. Also trying to outdmg will fail ur sustain in lane because you will be open for ganks and have to go back early. Maxing E skill first or at least 3 points is the best way to outplay orianna and stay in lane with a good % of hp even when she dies or has to go back.. My opinion and ive played a lot against her..

#17 Sexual Moses

Sexual Moses

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

I max E first against Ori and most of the time I can't get in range to cast it on her directly. I W caster minions and just E them when she gets close to them

Posted Image