• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ZA KI YA MA

ZA KI YA MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

i need some help with playing against veigar. what champion would be best to lane against him with and what can i do in the long term to stop him from farming and destroying my team.

#2 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

i need some help with playing against veigar. what champion would be best to lane against him with and what can i do in the long term to stop him from farming and destroying my team.

He is very squishy, so jump him with burst damage. (akali,jax etc) he is an anti mage champ, he deals more dmg to you when you have AP, so if your an AD champ veig isn't gonna do much to you, just engage him and kill him.

If it's the aoe stun that bothers you, get banshees veil, don't walk into it or avoid it.
If he is blowing your brains out, get some magic resist. (banshees does the trick)
Posted Image

#3 crystal

crystal

Uninstalled

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

If Veigar is giving you problems in ranked, just play Ryze. He's a natural AP counter to Veigar as any Ryze should never build AP. Get a catalyst -> BV and destroy him as he is powerless and very squishy. Even if he does beat you, he should be little problem in team fights as his skills are a single-target nuke that have long cooldowns except his q.
I hate all League of Legends players. Except you of course

#4 ZA KI YA MA

ZA KI YA MA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

is there any way to stop veigar late game when he has like 500+ ap? or should we just surrender? =[ at that point in time regard less if you're ad or ap you're going to die.

#5 crystal

crystal

Uninstalled

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

you may die, yes, but you can still kill him before he kills you. Veigar with that much ap is a glass cannon. And still, is only a single-target nuker. If you can initiate on him out of position or with a strong tank and force him to burn his spells on the tank, then you can easily turn it around. A 5v5 where your tank is at 1/4 life and their ap nuker is doing nothing waiting for cooldowns means that it really is a 4v4.25 battle and you have the advantage then.
I hate all League of Legends players. Except you of course

#6 Deeerpz

Deeerpz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Veigar has one of the worst lanings, so just shut him down early on. Most APs (Ori, Brand, Annie, Anivia, hell, even Akali) can easily zone him, denying his Q farm and never let him get too scary to begin with.

Yeah.

#7 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Every champ owns Veigar, all you need is merc boots and later on banshees veil.

With mercs his stun wears off before dark matter hits. With banshees he loses one more spell in his combo of death and sits there on a silver tablet with his cooldowns ticking.

#8 Wasabi Kitty

Wasabi Kitty

I can change my member title, jealous much?

• Moderators
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Play ryze and rush a banshees.

sdK3pgL.gif

#9 Farenzo

Farenzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

Assuming that you are playing against veigar as an AP then i would say get merc treads and get the non-ability power items of your build earlier and the ability power parts a bit later. and in mid/late game get either a zhonya's and time it perfectly or get a banshees vail.

#10 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6,534 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

And, don't let him farm his Q.. 1000 AP veigar is going to destroy you lategame.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#11 Frullino

Frullino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

quicksilver sash....easy, without stun u avoid comet and u kill him, if u want use ap against him use malz ( 4 his ulti ) or brand for stun, cassiopeia for ultimate stun on poison

#12 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6,534 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

quicksilver sash....easy, without stun u avoid comet and u kill him, if u want use ap against him use malz ( 4 his ulti ) or brand for stun, cassiopeia for ultimate stun on poison

Or put an AD in mid.... Sivir with her spellshield could work out.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#13 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Or put an AD in mid.... Sivir with her spellshield could work out.

If you want an AD mid put Yorick vs Veigar and see Veigar ragequit after 5mins.

But in all cases again: rush merc boots. His stun won't last long enough for his dark matter to hit.

#14 CupcakeMolester

CupcakeMolester

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

But in all cases again: rush merc boots. His stun won't last long enough for his dark matter to hit.

This.

Posted Image

#15 doceedd

doceedd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

one thing that always puts a halt to veigar is banshee's. without his initial stun he is useless and just another squishy waiting to be squished

#16 Imafyrnmalzr

Imafyrnmalzr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

This was a big question for me when I was still learning. Veigar was free and I've played AP morde for ages. He seemed to be the only champ that could overpower me, then I got tenacity boots and learned not to initiate fights if they had a veigar. Quicksilver Sash is an option, however it's only useful late game as a cleanse. And with his ult, the least of my issue was the stun. Eventually I mid against him for a game. Denied farm and rolled him when I got close. Don't put your face on the rim of his stun and you'll be fine. Stuns only work on the edge. Happy countering :)

#17 Haat

Haat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I would say if your laning against him, build an early qss. move in to harass or even kill, eat void zone (or preferably avoid it), immediately pop qss, then move in for the kill.

qss is a very underestimated item, and there are many people who overlook the fact that their opponants have this item (eg. Mordekiser players)

#18 popstarkiki

popstarkiki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

Veigar is the weakest laner lv 1-6, just harass him until you can burst him down or until he backs.

#19 Ter

Ter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Kassadin has to be one of the hugest annoyances to Veigar, able to blink out of cage and silence.
And any bit of MR workes. Even with Merc treads, Veig should still be able to aim dark matter after stun pretty well, but that + Q shouldn't kill you, even if you're playing squishy. Play hard AP and he'll surely save his ult for you (one shotting pure AP Karthus all day), but definitely that Banshee's.

#20 Lachrymose

Lachrymose

Just Another Kassadin Player

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hexdrinker