• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zaincarla

Zaincarla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

hey i've decided to main taric as a support champ.
I'm just wondering what kinds of runes would be best for him.

Currently the runes i had are Arm pen reds
Cd/lv Yellow
Dodge Blues
Flat HP Quints

Those are just runes i got in general.
Didn't have any plans on who i wanted to main at the time.
Thanks for the input in advanced

#2 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

hey i've decided to main taric as a support champ.
I'm just wondering what kinds of runes would be best for him.

Currently the runes i had are Arm pen reds
Cd/lv Yellow
Dodge Blues
Flat HP Quints

Those are just runes i got in general.
Didn't have any plans on who i wanted to main at the time.
Thanks for the input in advanced

I use these for my tanky supports :

9x ability power marks
1-9x armor seals, 1-9x mana regen/level I mix these up depending on the champ, for taric i'd say your natural armor is plenty and you can get more mana regen.
9x magic resist/level glyphs
3x gold/10 quints
Posted Image

#3 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

With Taric you can go two routes basically: Supporter offtank or full supporter squishy.

For the first one equip armor and mr to no end, GP10 quints are always nice doesn't matter on which support. You will now play super aggresive, go out there, stun, shatter, go back and take minimal damage. Prioritize shatter as first spell.

The supporter gets either a lot of CDR or AP and manaregen. You will stay back, heal your carry (prioritize heal first) and use the stun defensively or if the enemy overextends badly - but don't get yourself in danger.

Pick your poison. Both are viable. Even though for the supporter-squishy I would take Soraka or Sona over Taric. But then again you could say for the offtank you could pick Alistar over Taric too. Depends on you.
In general the offtank is a bit more risky in solo-queues with a partner that got no clue what you are doing, but brings more rewards if you can communicate with a friend.

#4 Zaincarla

Zaincarla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

I did want to play Sona origionally, but after last patch i thought she lost her usefulness. Still newish so mianly went by how everyone else said she was nerfed hard. SO i decided to try out taric and enjoyed it so far.

Thanks for all the help :)

#5 crystal

crystal

Uninstalled

• Members
  • 2040 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Sona did not lose her usefulness by any means. She still has the low cd's on her songs, so it's a lot more spammable than the other champs. Soraka's for instance is no longer spammable and can't be thought of as the answer against strong poke teams. It does mean that your heals as Soraka are going to have to be that much more clutch. As with all the supports, getting the GP/5 quints is so important. It helps you get your first gp5 item, which means you'll be able to snowball that into more gp5 items that much faster. All of this means more wards, and slowly build up to your late game items that much faster. So comforting that all you need for late game items is time?
I hate all League of Legends players. Except you of course

#6 Galbalicious

Galbalicious

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Taric is fullsupport that can take damage. He doesn't benefit from magic pen, armor pen, or any other normal reds because he just doesn't attack. For that reason I go flat armor reds (+10 ish) works great earlygame supporting against a caitlyn lane for example.

Taric's ult is super manahungry always so go mana regen per level yellow

mr/level is best for lategame damage soak. Even AOE can be really devistating to a support and mr negates that somewhat.

I've been going gp10 quints on him. Doing the math, it's better than you'd think. Give it a shot.
Posted Image
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.

#7 Speedball

Speedball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

gp5 Qs and mana regen.
Always building 2xGP 10 items, then tenacity boots followed by Aegis. Then Zonyas, then finishing Shurelya's Reverie and getting abyssal scepter. The question is if you should go Kage's lucky pick(cheaper and offensive, turns into deathfire's grasp) or HoG(a tad more expensive and turns into warden's mail) for survival vs melee.
It takes a long time since 1/3 of your gold goes to wards and oracles to counter their wards ect.

If it comes down to you vs your carry, always take the death and let the carry farm on. He needs the xp/farm and you generate gold passivly even if you're dead through you gp runes and items.