• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 CupcakeMolester

CupcakeMolester

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Rumble vs Garen... Could be interesting. I play rumble a lot, and I have a pretty good idea how that would go. The first few levels, rumble should have the advantage.

Stopped reading after that.

Obviously Garen would have the advantage on the early levels, lol.

21-9-0 + 25 armor penetration + silence and spin = REALLY hard early game for anyone.

Rumble will kick his ass later in the game, as Garen falls off a lot late game.

I've won over Garen sometimes as Lee sin, by simply outplay him.

Posted Image

#22 Lachrymose

Lachrymose

Just Another Kassadin Player

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Urgot

#23 Suffoco

Suffoco

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

Singed and Rumble can beat him.

With teemo its hard, but doable. Start is painful as asdfsadf, but when you get your wriggles its starts to be all right.

Anyways garen only shines in earlygame, survive it and hes kinda worthless in lategame.
Posted Image
ANTE UP; BITCH !

#24 Teekesselchen

Teekesselchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

No bro morde gets raped by garen

Yes, he gets raped hard. Garen's silence and spin combo just takes 40% off morde while his skills do like what, 15%? It's pretty silly. It's the same thing as against Udyr.

Urgot

I'm not even sure but it could be possible to win or to get raped very very hard.
An Anniemy has been Swain.
Sudden-lee: Sin.
You got Anniehilated.

#25 Akira

Akira

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

another tip is to ward the brush so he cant zone from it

#26 TandemX

TandemX

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

My vote is for Renekton as well, haven't lost to him yet.

The harass is pretty much the same, where neither ren or garen can pull out a full kill, but when your jungler comes, its an automatic kill.
Posted Image
The company making the game, Double Cluepon

#27 Lachrymose

Lachrymose

Just Another Kassadin Player

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

I'm not even sure but it could be possible to win or to get raped very very hard.

simply put any ranged AD would win but I say urgot coz why the fk would you put any ranged AD solo top?

#28 Rosuto

Rosuto

THE RICE FARMER

• Members
  • 1648 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

I just dance all over him with Singed.

Signature is from April 2012. I'm too lazy to fix. Favorite teams is now TSM, AHQ, SGS, WE, TPS

Want your guide approved?
Posted Image

If you ever get mauled by a bear with chainsaw arms,
I hope he stays away from your face. . .
Because I think you're cute.

#29 Hyfe

Hyfe

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

Mmm... I'll chime in for Nasus since he's sort of gaining popularity here and there.

Stack armor and try to last hit under tower. Start boots 3 pots and try to keep your distance. If he starts coming at you with silence try to wither and run, preemptively popping your Q to at least return a hard hit for some lifesteal if he makes it to you. If he's any good your life is going to suck really bad. Rush frozen heart components (all armor items) would be my recommendation. Get tabi too if feasible for the team. You might be screwed if you even go for philo. I saw wicked rush FH vs a Garen and do ok. You can also keep dropping lvl 1 SF on him to prevent his passive from kicking while he's standing back waiting on CDs, could run your mana dry though.

#30 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

Mmm... I'll chime in for Nasus since he's sort of gaining popularity here and there.

Stack armor and try to last hit under tower. Start boots 3 pots and try to keep your distance. If he starts coming at you with silence try to wither and run, preemptively popping your Q to at least return a hard hit for some lifesteal if he makes it to you. If he's any good your life is going to suck really bad. Rush frozen heart components (all armor items) would be my recommendation. Get tabi too if feasible for the team. You might be screwed if you even go for philo. I saw wicked rush FH vs a Garen and do ok. You can also keep dropping lvl 1 SF on him to prevent his passive from kicking while he's standing back waiting on CDs, could run your mana dry though.

While I love Nasus, especially after reading your guide, he is definitely no counter to Garen. I would call what you describe a clinging to your life with all your might to hopefully not feed, but not countering Garen in a sense where you could deny him free farm and complete lane-control, or even kill.

Like I already mentioned: Renekton and Yorick work very well, and Irelia too (with Irelia max W first and autoattack whatever is in sight, not only lasthitting, to sustain like a boss - get wards to not be a victim of a pushed lane and some armor soon, the difference to Nasus is here that you can actually free-farm too and Garen will stop his harass after a while because he loses CS while trying to hurt you without effect)

#31 softis ^O^

softis ^O^

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Leesin is another option. Rumble as well is a pain to deal with. Renekton would be even

#32 OminousJester

OminousJester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Some of your AP carries can dominate him. Kennen and Lux come to mind. Plus, if you run two AP carries, you can have a really good early game. And team fights suck for the other team.

#33 Hyfe

Hyfe

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

While I love Nasus, especially after reading your guide, he is definitely no counter to Garen.

To clarify, I wasn't trying to imply Nasus counters Garen. After reading the thread it looked like people were just giving advice on how to try to survive on various champ from personal experience. Garen shits on Nasus... I was really just trying to lay out how you can attempt to deal with him without dying repeatedly.

#34 DuoSaku

DuoSaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Yes Rumble can beat a garen ... at least me with my somwhat passive pre-6 playstyle .... just continuously poke him with flame or a harppon in his face when you see his hp regen ... and because of his lack of mana need you can spam your skills at him continuously ... personally id focus harpoon and get an early W pre-6 cus of the poke range and the damage is pretty high do stop any normal regen he has i think its about 200-250 if your good at skill shots and can hit both .... and use W to get away when he comes running at you. I do die once or twice to him but in the end he wont have much farm from my lane and at 6 its gameover for him against my rumble build.
Posted Image I have an All-Purpose vent send me a msg and i'll give you the info so you can use it for you and your friends to communicate in-game.

#35 LeeDark

LeeDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

I kinda agree with Hyfe. While Nasus won't "win" the lane against Garen, you can do well enough by playing passively, building up your SS. The strategy there is to just not die. Let it go to late game, and laugh at Garen as you dominate. Nobody last hits under tower better than Nasus, and the late game will essentially be 5v4.

Mundo is another favorite of mine against Garen. You have decent regen that isn't dependant on not getting hit, you can stop his passive or last hit with Q, and once you both hit six, you should never be in the right health range for him to ult.

#36 Harmless

Harmless

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

So yeah... Watching Eski's stream right now, and it's pretty clear Garen straight up beats Rumble in lane. Rumble was up two levels and 10 CS when Garen got to lane, yet Garen is now up two kills and ahead in CS, and can zone all he wants...
Posted Image

#37 DuoSaku

DuoSaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

Harmless can you reword that? i cant really follow the numbers you were talking about after Rumble being up 2 levels.
Posted Image I have an All-Purpose vent send me a msg and i'll give you the info so you can use it for you and your friends to communicate in-game.

#38 Harmless

Harmless

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

Harmless can you reword that? i cant really follow the numbers you were talking about after Rumble being up 2 levels.

Lol, I have no idea what the fuck I wrote, so I edited it to say what I meant. Sorry about that, lol.
Posted Image

#39 EvilASD

EvilASD

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Poppy

I laned against an only Poppy player once. Didnt work out that well for him.

#40 Monty

Monty

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

How about ryze?
Rushing glacial shroud into frozen heart should be enough armor to make sure garen becomes reasonably useless, or at least not the pubstomper he can be.
Posted Image