• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Master Bennett

Master Bennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

My thought is Karma+Garen bot with a strong assassin type top (Akali/Talon). Karma and Garen have kits that synergize really well together. Maybe not viable in Karma's current state, but if she got stronger slows, this could be a killer lane.

#2 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Try double-AP, its fun and shits on the squishy ad carry + support duo! (but got trouble against a lot other)

Aim for APs with high burst and a stun (for example Annie, Anivia, Brand, Ryze, ...)

#3 Sexual Moses

Sexual Moses

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Ya the current AD + Support has a lot of trouble with really high burst or lanes that can poke really well. Any comp with double stun or double burst champs will kill the current meta. Only problem is both champs need the farm there. With the poke comp, like rock solid has been using, its just a matter of poking you more than you can heal yourself.

Posted Image

#4 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

I've seen Taric + Brand a few times, and I use to run Morg + Ezreal. Both combinations rely on holding a person in place for a bit to burst them full of damage.

Syncing synergy helps, and can be entertaining and get a few kills, but you aren't using the lane to the full potential.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#5 shooterdude

shooterdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Ashe. Now pretend it's early 2010.

#6 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

I've seen Taric + Brand a few times, and I use to run Morg + Ezreal. Both combinations rely on holding a person in place for a bit to burst them full of damage.

Syncing synergy helps, and can be entertaining and get a few kills, but you aren't using the lane to the full potential.

Morg + Brand would be a beuitful thing. Something like Udyr Top, Teemo Mid, Morg + Brand Bot Nocturne jungle would be a tough game for the other team I thinks.
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#7 Master Bennett

Master Bennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Maokai+Brand is a comp Ive played around with duo queuing. It has less utility than Taric+Brand, but more poke.

#8 necaremus

necaremus

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

IMHO: tristana+leona is unbeatable in lane.

Shut up and buy wards.
Posted Image

“Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.” Hanlon's Razor
"Most of all, we want readers know the truth so they can make up their own minds." Wikileaks

#9 jakebro

jakebro

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Skarner + Leona
Sona + Soraka

The first one, either stand on your tower or get pulled into the biggest fucking CC + Passive Proc chain of your life.
In the second one, get forced out of lane, pretty much.

EDIT: And I wouldn't recommend Karma with Garen because both of those champs do best with someone with a slow, but their of those with Leona or Alistar is pretty nice. But I play offtank Karma so I'm pretty much always in a fight.

#10 crystal

crystal

Uninstalled

• Members
  • 2040 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

I think RS is onto something with the poke support since the sustain support got nerfed. But a lot of duo lanes can work well as long as they understand that 1 champ with 100cs and another with 0cs is stronger and more useful than 2 champs with 50 cs each.
I hate all League of Legends players. Except you of course

#11 Telrasha01

Telrasha01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

a friend and I ran Orianna and Tristana. He poked the entire time as orianna and I just farmed up with Trist. He was able to get money from the ganks we did and we were able to wipe the towers out fairly fast. The passive on Trist's e allows you to clear waves fast. I wouldn't recommend this combo cuz its odd but we had fun.

#12 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

I had a Alistar + Annie combo vs a solo laner (we didnt have jungler)

I was the Ali..and every time annie had her stun ready i W+Q ed him. And from lvl 6 we towerdived him twice.. tower was gone pretty soon after.

Also ganks were prevented by the annie stun and my cc. So we had a pretty easy laning phase.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#13 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

Me and my buddy run Mao and Cait. Shits on everyone.

#14 MAN1MAL

MAN1MAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

kog/blitz both with exhaust and kog rushing sword of the occult. grab, exhaust, kog e(after exhaust wears off if it gets to that point)/w, death. even if they flash out they are still gonna have to back after that and it's free farming since the other person in the lane isn't gonna come anywhere near you. pretty high risk/high reward, but fun as hell if it works.

#15 Akira

Akira

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

try fiddle +maokai , they never escape the full drain, or sion +taric and me and a friend use to run sion jax awhile back

#16 Kitty the Fluffy

Kitty the Fluffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Maokai and Urgot is an idea I've been thinking about for awhile. Maokai's Sap Magic passive charges really quickly off of Urgot's Acid Hunter for last-hitting and harass, which gives him pretty nice sustain. Twisted Advance helps a lot to give Urgot an easy Noxian Corrosive Charge into more Acid Hunter harass and the two together have great lane harass. They seem like an unconventional but interesting pairing that could push the other AD carry and support out of lane.