• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 pokox55

pokox55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

Which AP is the best counter to Kassadin mid? Been struggling recently to him...

#2 vitrael

vitrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

Big range characters like Cait and Brand who can farm out of his QRE combo range.

Anyone who can stun him reliably when his Q wears off.

Akali--stealth when he QREs you. It's going to hurt (He will still E you) but at least he won't be getting in free hits while you are silenced and you can burst him down when you are unstealthed.

Kassadin sucks until level 6. Anyone who can pressure him if he tries to last hit, and can kill him at 6 (Annie, Malzahar).

#3 guwno

guwno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

malzahar, may sound bad becuse he can screw nether grasp but i always own kass mid as him

#4 HighInFiber

HighInFiber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

My first game ever as Orianna was against Kass not too long ago when Ori was free. I didn't have a problem taking him on (considering I knew enough of Orianna to play her effectively), and in fact, once we were both six he was basically screwed to the point where he went to gank other lanes rather than stay mid.

Champs with great harass can be great against him. If you can play Brand well, and hit your combo, you'll beat him almost every time.
Posted Image
IGN: HighInFiber (NA)
My YouTube (PC Gaming) - www.youtube.com/highinfiber21

#5 jayray

jayray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

Which AP is the best counter to Kassadin mid? Been struggling recently to him...

I have had a lot of success with morgana against kass mid

#6 SpoKey

SpoKey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

Nidalee was surprisingly good. Unless I got ganks off, she would just heal my poke and since I never brought her down to a level where I can burst her down, I became really underfed.
Posted Image

#7 Lachrymose

Lachrymose

Just Another Kassadin Player

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

Big range characters like Cait

AP Cait op

#8 wheresnessie

wheresnessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Those cupcakes..

#9 jakebro

jakebro

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Those cupcakes..

Naw dude it's all about that net.

#10 Dolphin Trainer

Dolphin Trainer

No Cake No Life

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Only AP carry I know right now that counters Kassadin is Akali; requires clutch shroud, you shroud as he Q's and wait until silence is over, then do your combo...

For a stronger counter I'd go with Talon. Instant silence > projectile silence

I'll be on Skype or send me a PM if you want to find me..Very inactive on here nao
And I'm home

#11 CupcakeMolester

CupcakeMolester

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

WHAT? Having trouble with Kassadin mid?

Pick ANY other AP carry and harass him out early game. Make him choose between using his abilties to last hit or harass you and have 0 cs the whole game.

Posted Image

#12 turbOpun

turbOpun

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

I disagree. Kassadin beats Brand mid. Silence OP.

Morgana is the best AP counter to Kassadin mid. Akali seems promising.

#13 Mazurati

Mazurati

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

I've been away for almost 2 months, so I'm not sure, but I would have thought LeBlanc surely.. but TBH, the best play vs Kass is using someone who can easily farm while not being harassed easily by Kassadin without sacrificing position.

Using a champ that can farm without using spells keeps Kassadin from building his "pulse/force wave" (whats it called?) often. IE. ranged carry

If the Kass is going with full AP runes, then you're just going to have to let him push and play more conservative and wait for a gank, because he's not going to destroy a tower unless your dead.

#14 p0wn

p0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

i would say Ryze.Kass has trouble early game 'cause he can't farm(well maybe with his Q) 'cause Ryze has absurd harass.
and after 6 you should just get a banshees asap.if he jumps on you,you can just pop your ultimate and rape the crap out of him.
Morgana for sure duo to insane sustain.i've never tried it but vlad should do rly well against Kass duo to insane sustain again.
and last but not least Gentle'Gath pretty much owns him in lane.just keep lasthitting and watch him running out of mana,if you both stay in lane till 6 and u can land your rupture that Kass is dead => rupture->flash->silence->ignite+nomnom = DEAD Kassa <3

yeye horrible engrish,don't blame me it isn't my native language.peace :>
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to look more like?

#15 delir

delir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

Try Talon and Warwick. Talon burst > Kassadin burst early game and Kassadin's passive is useless against Talon. On Wariwick start with Doran's Ring and outfarm Kassadin like a boss. As Warwick you will outheal Kassadin's burst.
Can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter".
My (approved) Malzahar Guide -> http://www.solomid.n...uides.php?g=405

#16 delir

delir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

Try Talon and Warwick. Talon burst > Kassadin burst early game and Kassadin's passive is useless against Talon. On Wariwick start with Doran's Ring and outfarm Kassadin like a boss. As Warwick you will outheal Kassadin's burst.
Can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter".
My (approved) Malzahar Guide -> http://www.solomid.n...uides.php?g=405

#17 Dilatory

Dilatory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Yorick. Galio.

You're welcome.

#18 deyor

deyor

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Flat MR blues helps tons. VS Kassa you just need to outsustain poking contest and deny his melee range farm.

#19 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

Talon should be a pretty good pick against him. Makes his passive useless and he can harass him harder than he can.
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#20 Cemetary

Cemetary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

VS Kass I like to run Warwick and Ryze, both have great tools to deal with him.
In love with suppression champs... is there some sort of deep seeded meaning there?