• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Intentionality

Intentionality

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

After playing a little more treeline, I learned that Janna is not as good as I originally thought. She's strong early on, but if you don't steamroll, it's over for you because she's worthless if they just turtle and get their ults and then rape you if they have strong treeline champions. Shaco, Shen, Singed. Imo this is one of the strongest treeline comps right now. Champions that can pass through walls are good at treeline. Champions that can drop ward-like things are good, but shaco can do both, and his ward thingies fear, and his mobility move gives him stealth and insta-crit. He's just amazing and surprisingly versatile item-wise on treeline.

Random plug in: If you are a melee champion, and you do not have Cleanse as one of your summoner spells, you are probably an idiot.

Champions that are BAD in treeline are AP champions like Annie and Ryze, which I see tons of, and provide me with easy wins. These AP champions, after around level 11, tend to just burst, fail to kill due to tankiness, run of out steam, and just become food. This is if they're lucky. Othertimes they just get instagibbed because squishies on treeline = gg. Treeline is a tanky metagame. If you're a dpser, you should probably rush bloodrazers because 1) madreds razors is amazing in treeline as a first item, aside from the obvious farming benefits it allows for early(and fast) dragoning/lizarding/other buffs, and the Unique Passive on Bloodrazers is a strong anti-tank feature.

/end humble treeline insights
"Elementz, what song is this?"

#22 MordeMadness

MordeMadness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

My friends and I are pretty successful with Mordekaiser, Poppy, and Jax. The stun from Poppy and the pushing/tanking ability from Morde is just amazing if you build him right.
"Standing eight feet tall, concealed within a razor-sharp armored shell is a creature only know as Mordekaiser. Some allege he is a man, though none have actually seen what lies within the plates that encompass him."

#23 jedininjaman

jedininjaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Lol Morde poppy jax.
March of the TT OP

#24 Mothalova

Mothalova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:06 AM

Low-Mid Elo and High Elo/tournaments are two different things. In bot metagames, Jax dominates, so thx to the ban/pick system in tournaments, but dps heroes are bad in high elo. they just sucks generaly, especialy squishies like shaco and such. Warwick, surprisingly, reveals himself to be quite a pubstomber and sucks badly in high elo, because when the other team farm your jungle and ganks you more than your ghost cd, you have 0 escape abilities and you die badly. The team that works the most are Support/Tank/Tank, where supports are Ezreal, Janna, Heimerdinger, Zilean and Soraka ( ask ur tanks to pick spirit visage ) and good Tanks are Shen, Mundo, Taric, Jax, Gragas, Nunu, Mordekaiser, Blitzcrank,Singed and Poppy. The guidelines of the high elo strategies : each player picks a ward, an elixir of fortitude and some pots, because if your team has 3x red elixir and the other team doesnt, you will stomp them hard in lvl 1 fight due to more healt and a lot more white atack dmg. Your team also needs to pick 2 smites to ensure liz and dragon and to ensure to not lose to other teams with 2 smites, because jungle control = win on TT. This kind of team setup is planned to push towers quick with the help of ur support to help you push longer, and if you fail at putting enough pressure, late game carries can stomp you or backdoor you, though.

Trust me or not, check the TT 3v3 Finals, ask the pros, thats how it works.

#25 iToggle

iToggle

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

^ everything motha said is full of truth.

Although I think shaco does decent enough due to his escapes/dps and map control.

if you dont buy elixers you forfeit map control for the next 4 mins, and therefore the game.

#26 Mothalova

Mothalova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

^ everything motha said is full of truth.

Although I think shaco does decent enough due to his escapes/dps and map control.

if you dont buy elixers you forfeit map control for the next 4 mins, and therefore the game.

Thx for the /agree, and yes, maybe shaco is good, im honestly not realy able to play him and I would say that maybe 10% of the shaco players plays him to his full potential, but yeah, if played correctly, hes probably ok enough for TT. Also i'd add Nidalee as a suport due to his escape abilities, extreme map control, heal, ranged dps and versatility.

#27 iToggle

iToggle

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

You earned it.
Gragas is beyond overpowered at level 1 with an elixer of fortitude as long as he csn get within body slam range.

I find it important to have a skillshot character for the level 1 bush fights.

Low item dependence characters also do exceedingly well.

#28 Otukt

Otukt

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Me and my friends usually run: Zilean, Poppy & Gragas or sometimes even switch out poppy gor garen.
Im not a huge Garen fan but weve had great succes with him on TT.
Poppy/garen & Gragas with Fort Elixir and Zilean mostly start out with a ruby crystal or sometimes a Doran Shield.
The lvl 1 ganks, usually works out great. If the opposing team get cought in a cluster Body slam and garrens Whirlwind has a great synergy add Zilean and Gragas white hits and a bomb. Not to mention that gragas hits like a truck at level1 >.<

Im not high ELO or anything just wanted to share a bit i guess.
Posted Image

#29 Vcry

Vcry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

Warwick---For an awesome jungle. Smite always.

Shaco---Well played is one of the best dps/assasins in twisted treeline, his ability (Q) saves him of almost every gank, he easily gets the first blood and with "The parade" (Rally, jack in the box, clone) he takes a tower in few secs. With a red potion at start he can do several damages.

Teemo/Nidalee--- Playing twisted treeline relays so much in wards and map control. So these two alow you to watch around the map(mushrooms/traps), so you will save some money in wards. Also a AP teemo could do several damages with a combination of mushrooms and poison (I will recomend you to try it). Jack in the box of shaco will help also sometimes for watch the map (Its pretty cool when you see how a low life enemy is killed by a mushroom or a Jack in the box)

As said before by motha, if youre playing hig elo Warwick sucks a little they see you and gank you, but for the rest of mortals Warwick rocks ^^ (I would suggest Mundo or Shen instead and build shaco more as a jungler) Oracle is always a good option in those cases (For destroy wards ^^)

Sorry for my bad english, I´m not a native speaker ^^

#30 sevenlives

sevenlives

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:31 AM

If you want to play shaco on TT, try picking up revive with talent, suiciding at a tower before creep spawns, then red potting the teamfight for lizard. You have around 1400 health.
Its an observation, not an accusation.

#31 Axle

Axle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

Just curious, what would the best AoE focused team in TT be?

#32 slips

slips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

hm, wouldn't Sion be viable aswell, stun, shield, aoe lifesteal ult, if u build him somewhat hybrid ap/ad?
Have come across a few good sions, and it has been a pain in the ass ;p u might say cleanse, but his stun cd isn't very long.

insane combo tho; Ez, morde, jax.

#33 BigTaylor

BigTaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

-Ezreal
-Shaco
-Gragas

is a pretty mean combo, most likely all with flash. You know, exploiting those wall jumps(until S1 that is).
IGN: Rustamgrape

#34 Kohake

Kohake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

Im not a super pro or anything. I wouldn't even call myself good. But I really find it troublesome to face Kaylie on TT if teamed other good 3v3s.(Characters with good damage potetial, HP and enought CC to keep me from running)

I recently played against a Kayle, Nunu, Warwick team and it was a horrible experience. We needed a disable for Nunu and it would be hard to deal with Warwick's ultimate without anoter. The top priority target was obviously Warwick has he had less(not little) health than his mates and could deal serious damage and would regain health as the battle continiued. After their ultimates hade been disabled we tried killing Warwick but glhf against life steal + Kaylie heal. If it went well we would be stoped by Kaylies sheild, letting Warwick steal our life while we could do nothing about it. So, obviously we hade to focus atleast 2 champion but the options wasen't very pritty. They both have high HP and a slow each and Nunu has his blood boil if things get hairy. Meanwhile Warwick is hunting us down with his speed and high dps.

In short, we need to use and spred out our CC just to survive the bust damage at the start, and then we are out DPSed by Warwick and Kayle unless we had good DPS. But even if we did, we can't focus the squishiest guy in the enemy team due to Kayle. So we need to survive Warwick long enought to kill Nunu/Kayle who both have high HP and slows and 1 or 2 heals depending on the available creeps.(and our disabled are still on cooldown) So what we need is basicly champions who can waste 2 disables and still survive a Warwick with blood boil long enought to kill 2 tanks with heals and slows without access to any disables.

Oh yeah, this is without taking Summoner spells into the equation. Don't think clens or blink would do us much good, but exhaust might be nice to nullefy the Warwick and slow down Nunu/Kayle to get a kill, but if all of them get exhaust we will just have stalled them.Which might actually work because they have high cooldowns, but we really can't keep them form escaping.

#35 ArchmageGR

ArchmageGR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

imo there isn't ' the best combo ' because always there is a counter

some combos i use with my friends

annie veigar ryze - ouch
tristina - taric - Zilean - unstopable dps
sion - taric - shen - the tank way
ammumu - nunu - fiddlesticks - Mass AoE

Posted ImageThe knights see a mighty quarry. The dragon sees breakfast, lunch and dinner ~ Hunted Dragon

#36 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:33 AM

Honestly there is so many good combo's as long as you combo to great tanks, that offer support for the dps, or or all good dps with bits of tankyness. Some Example:

Shaco
Mundo
Mord

Taric
Ezreal
Shen

Nasus
Warwick
Jax

(This one is a killer; may be better if you get your hands on old Jax xD!.. And.. Old Shaco QQ!)
Jax
Ezreal
Shaco
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#37 UglyTractor

UglyTractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

Best team comp is currently

Garen, Gragas, Ezreal.

Mundo and Shaco send their regards.
Posted Image

#38 Udunson

Udunson

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Pretty much tanky DPS in my opinion....

Garen, Gragas, Nasus, Jax

#39 alkolyk

alkolyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

I've seen 2 very efficient combo lately.

Galio, Xin, Nunu.

Nunu provides huge atk speed bonus for xin and galio renders him almost invincible. If you try to team fight, they got 3 nasty aoe.
Nunu controls jungle very well while supporting xin in the middle while galio simply can't be thrown out of his lane bottom.

Anivia, Nasus, Udyr

Nasus and Udyr built as tank. Who do you kill? Udyr will take time, so will Nasus, you end up trying to chase anivia but being snared and stunned in the process.

#40 EyeMtheStron9est

EyeMtheStron9est

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

Gragas / Ez (Smite red buff level 1 +creep control dragon) / Whoever. Taric?
http://www.own3d.tv/live/37961
CAUTION !!
Posted Image