4 replies to this topic

#1 lntoTheSky

lntoTheSky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

Hey all,

I just have a quick question. How do you beat Kassadin in lane? I've played against him as both an ad and ap carry. As an ap carry, it feel impossible to farm against him in lane once he reaches level 6. Even before then, the range and damage on his Q combined with the silence zones me out so hard. If I stay out i lose farm, if I go in, he can ult in and burst me down, either killing me or forcing me to back.

AD carry is slightly easier, since the silence doesn't own as hard, but he is still able to just ult in and burst me to death or close to it.

Am I missing something? I'm used to getting between 70-80 cs in lane in the first 10 minutes or so. Against Kassadin, I feel lucky if I'm getting just half of that as an ap character (I mainly play Cass and Annie).

Help would be much appreciated

#2 Avelice

Avelice

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

Unfortunately my response is going to be very narrow. That said, you can easily beat Kassadin using anybody with sustain. In particular, Orianna and Morgana can shut him down hard. All you need to do is level shield a couple times, and his Q does nothing to you anymore. Proceed to farm and harass him with autoattacks when you can.

Another strategy you can try is to push lane hard with AOE, and force him to farm at tower while you gank lanes. Somewhat less effective, but he doesn't have reliable AOE clearing ability and will lose some farm.

#3 Selath

Selath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

Hi! Sorry for the english, it's far to be my first langage.

If you have an ap carry, who has a better range than kassadin, as cassio, you have to burst him each time he tries to kill a minion or to cast his Q. If you start boots, you'll be able to burst him without be bursted.
If you have an ap carry who has the same range (i usually play Swain against Kassadin) you have to put your spell at the same time he does, and then auto atk him hard (2 or 3 times only, depends if your lane is pushed or if his minions will hurts you). If you do it well, you'll burst him more than he can do, and he wont be able to creep or to regen his mana pool. Be care at his 6, because he'll ulti after his Q to be safe, but he'll waste a lot of mana. If he has blue buff, ask for a gank when his ulti is on cd.

#4 Gudo

Gudo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

It seems like laning against Kassadin is a two step process:

1. Do not feed. Note that he should always have ignite. Don't let your health get too low. Back if you have to; he can't push your tower very hard anyway. Stay out of range of his Q and make sure you trade hits any time he hits you with a Q before 6, because he has no sustain unless he's gotten a catalyst already.

2. Deny his farm. You can poke him with a long range champ like Cass, as noted above. Really punish the fact that he has to melee to last hit. If he's last hitting with his skills you can punish him with yours because he has longish cooldowns. I've laned against Kass with Zilean and although he was pressuring me with his Q, I sat back and put a bomb on creeps when Kass went in to last hit. So every time he got a CS he took a bomb in the face. I lol'd and he was forced to back quickly. Then comes #3:

3. Ward up and push his tower. Kassadin has weak pushing ability; with a champ like Morg or Brand who pushes super hard, you can take his tower or at least put the creeps on his tower so the tower takes away his CS.

A Kass with no farm is not scary at all. Call mia like crazy if it looks like he's roaming, so your scrub teammates don't feed him for you. If he isn't scary by the end of the laning phase, he's probably not going to be scary, since Kass kind of falls off late game...

#5 damm

damm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

Pick talon/pantheon, if you end up against a kassadin with a ap carry there's not a lot you can do, just call mia when he dissapear, ask the jungler to gank him (Kassadin before six is very vulnerable) and DON'T DIE, it's very important to not give him kills, because that's what make him a monster.