• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 MakiahTime

MakiahTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

So I want to have a solo top tier list that THE COMMUNITY can change as they feel is right. If something sounds wrong of couse I wont change it. Now I'm not going to figure out every champion on my own so add too it what you want!

NOT EVERY CHAMPION IS ON HERE YET. IF YOU NOTICE ONE ISN'T THEN SUGGEST WHERE IT SHOULD GO!

So tier 1 is best tier 5 is absolutely horrible.
Also right now the order out side of the tier number means nothing

TIER 1:Cho'gath, Irelia, Singed, Akali, Tryndamere
TIER 2:Sion, Reneckton, Wukong, Gangplank, Graggas, Maokai, Riven, Nasus, Garen, Olaf, Nidalee, Teemo, Jarvan IV, Warwick, Yorick, Rumble
TIER 3:Swain, Blitzcrank, Amumu, Fiddlesticks, Graves, Leona, Orianna, Pantheon, Ryze, Kayle, Kassadin, Kennen, Trundle, Xin Zhao, Swain, Rammus, Morgana, Urgot
TIER 4:Ezreal, Vladimir, Vayne, Alistar, Heimerdinger, Malphite, Poppy, Shaco, Mundo, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Brand, Shen, Veigar
TIER 5:Evelyn. Morde, Twitch, Miss Fortune, Tristana, Twisted Fate

I UPDATE CONSTANTLY SO KEEP CHECKING!

ALSO FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST MOVING CHAMPIONS!

SINCE NOBODY SEEMS TO READ THIS NOT EVERY CHAMP IS ON HERE YET. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS THAT I WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO WORK ON. I DON'T KNOW WHERE EVERY CHAMP SHOULD GO BUT IF EVERYONE SUGGESTS WHERE THEY GO I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A GOOD LIST .

#2 aog

aog

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

Nasus isn't tier one he gets pooped on by all kinds of champs.

#3 Worstcase

Worstcase

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

I dislike Champion Tier Lists. Fundamentally flawed. Also, you're missing a lot of champs.

#4 therefortomorrow

therefortomorrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

no jax???

#5 Akuseru

Akuseru

• Administrators
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

^_^ v3 is this nice transition period for solomid where we are hiring some new people to make things possible. So i'll see if I can't get something along these lines slated for v3.5 or v4 :)
If you think something is BROKEN on the site PLEASE PM me!

#6 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

Udyr not even mentioned?

*Twitches*

Edit: Udyr es #1. Always turtle, never die.
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#7 ModaLitsu

ModaLitsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Udyr not even mentioned?

*Twitches*

Edit: Udyr es #1. Always turtle, never die.

Irelia and nasus are powerfull, but not tier 1 IMO. Like mentioned earlier, they have alot of counters.
Also, where the hell is Udyr?

#8 deyor

deyor

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

For solo top, there should absolutely be no tierlist because it's more of counterfest than picking the best possible champ overall.

#9 Suffoco

Suffoco

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Okay . . . just no.
Posted Image
ANTE UP; BITCH !

#10 CupcakeMolester

CupcakeMolester

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Tier list is sometimes good, but this one is really bad.

Posted Image

#11 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Well you got pretty much everything wrong, so this tier list serves no real purpose.

Tier 1 imo: Gangplank, Udyr, Talon, Akali, Singed, Nidalee, maybe Galio
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#12 deyor

deyor

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Well you got pretty much everything wrong, so this tier list serves no real purpose.

Tier 1 imo: Gangplank, Udyr, Talon, Akali, Singed, Nidalee, maybe Galio

Rofl, that was maybe the best solo tops some months ago. Udyr & GP loses so many lanes, Talon got nerfed which actually hurt his laning phase a lot.

Not saying OP got it any better but this is just as bad.

Anyhow, you CANNOT put tierlist like this @ Solotop champions.

Lets say you think Udyr is #1 solotop. However, you're facing a Garen and all you can do is sit under turret. #1 Champion doesn't get raped like that and Udyr does. Same goes for pretty much every solotop because there's hardcounters for pretty much everyone around.

#13 Anandre

Anandre

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Also, no Yorick makes me a sad panda. This "list" is made of fail.

#14 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Rofl, that was maybe the best solo tops some months ago. Udyr & GP loses so many lanes, Talon got nerfed which actually hurt his laning phase a lot.

Not saying OP got it any better but this is just as bad.

Anyhow, you CANNOT put tierlist like this @ Solotop champions.

Lets say you think Udyr is #1 solotop. However, you're facing a Garen and all you can do is sit under turret. #1 Champion doesn't get raped like that and Udyr does. Same goes for pretty much every solotop because there's hardcounters for pretty much everyone around.

Bullshit. All you have to do against garen is level bear stance first instead of turtle and he can't keep you from farming. You should also run exhaust+flash against garen on any solo-top champ and you have a good chance of winning the lane, since garen is crap in lategame unless fed. Also GP loses like no lane. Either he wins by a crapton or he keeps it even, because he can just level orange against hard lanes like Kennen. I admit that I don't play Talon, but the nerfs weren't that big and his dmg was completely untouched. You just have to managa your mana.

And a tierlist is always based on counters, so top-lane is no different. Those at the top have just fewer counters or less effective counters, like Nidalee, who can lane against pretty much everyone. Someone like Nasus can be countered pretty hard, but is an extremely effective pick after the enemy has already picked toplane, so I'd sort him in tier2.
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#15 MakiahTime

MakiahTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

I like the discussion but I don't think people really understand the purpose of this. I made this so OTHERS could decide who goes where. I read every post and adjust accordingly. I know the ones up there are pretty fail right now but I just did it real fast because I needed something to start out with. AND ALSO IF YOU READ THE POST YOU WOULD NOTICE IT SAYS ALOT MISSING TELL ME WHERE TO PUT THEM.

#16 randompanda

randompanda

The One and Only General Panda! Join my Army Peasants!

• Members
  • 4738 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hey MakiahTime chillax dude, you're absolutelly right, you just got trolled by the ego maniacs of solomid.net I still think it's great that you try to help the plebs :)

Posted Image

#17 Soulouri

Soulouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

WTF is up with the hate on here?

I don't see why you can't publish a tier list for solo top - there will always be counters, but you should really think more along the lines of "this champion has few counters, is quite strong early game and a super beast mid-late game, so he goes Tier 1".

If you're just going to say he gets countered by xyz then NO champion is going to end up in Tier 1...

That being said @ OP's list... I actually could go into lots of details on my views but don't have time right now so i'll just sum them up real quick to try to spark some more real discussion :)

- Singed to tier 1 - great utility/team player, not many hard counters
- Garen down to tier 2 - drops off too much mid-late game
- Wukong - Tier 2 or top of tier 1, not as effective as other champs over the whole game even though laning is quite strong (and not as much utility, more of a pub stomper)
- Nidalee to Tier 2 - she's just not THAT strong in tier 1, other champs do things better etc.
- Mundo drop down to the pit of doom - seriously mundo does nothing on top
- Renekton - looks about right, maybe move up 1-2 spots
- Kayle drop to tier 3 - an 'ok' top but so many that are just much better
- Nasus - tier 2 - should probably be moved up a little bit at least, he can take over games under the right circumstances
- Shaco - wtf? Down with Eve please...
- Olaf should be moved up, he's not THAT bad...
- Teemo - Tier 2 at least, and quite high up, he hard counters SO many flavour of the month bruisers right now.

I'll leave it there for now, I actually would tweak this a ton for my own personal one, but I'm not going to go into more details if people will just continue to flame away so i'll keep an eye on the topic :)

#18 damm

damm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

- Teemo - Tier 2 at least, and quite high up, he hard counters SO many flavour of the month bruisers right now.

Teemo <3

#19 MakiahTime

MakiahTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for the support I've been trying to keep it up to date. Check frequently

#20 WATCH Mvl

WATCH Mvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Drop akali to Tier 2, I mean... begin game is pretty weak, especially against garen (: