Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

Can you counter kass at low elo or do you just have to play him

#2 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Exhaust, Play AD with gapcloser or good CC, Don't let him get farm, let your team CC him

ow wait.. low elo..

No, you're fucked.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#3 deyor

deyor

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

You need some hard CC. If I get to jungle and there's Kassadin in enemy team, I'd prolly pick Skarner if I wanted to counter him. Works for me.

But anyways he dies fast if you can land some hard ass stun on him. Sion should wreck him in middle I think.

#4 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Play brand, shut him down early, call for ganks pre 6. If you kill him once pre 6 and deny last hits ( which is easy since he is melee) he will be underfed and crappy. Get 3 dorans and magic pen boots, then get spellvamp and voila u can exchange with kassadin and outfarm him no sweat.
Posted Image

#5 zappaii

zappaii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

You can't, you're low elo. No seriously. The smart thing to do is switch/play AD, but guess what? YOU'RE LOW ELO! SUGGESTING THE SMART THING WOULD MAKE YOU A NOOB!

#6 wift

wift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Exhaust, Play AD with gapcloser or good CC, Don't let him get farm, let your team CC him

ow wait.. low elo..

No, you're fucked.

#7 p0wn

p0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

i play Le'Blanc against him.LB's Q has the same range then Kassas Q.at lvl 1 you should stay safe and only Q him when he does.when you hit lvl 2 you can fuck him.force him to use his Q(don't use yours,safe it!) -> stay in Q-range and wait till the silence is gone -> Q+W him = half HP Kass.if he Q's you again do the same,wait till the silence is done -> Q+W,then ignite him 1-2 AA's and he's dead.works for me everytime.

another champ i enjoy against Kass is Cho'Gath,in the early lvl's you can just outsustain him duo to the fact that his damn silence doesn't stop Cho's passive.if he comes into meele range silence him and land a rupture+some AA's,that will scare him.after 6 it gets even easier,his burst doesn't do much to Cho',again:Cho' can outsustain this shit.lots of ppl undermenastiate(did i spell this right?oO) Cho's BIG nuke combo,if you land silence+rupture at lvl 6 and ignite+feast him he'll mostly go down,even if he has full HP.

never played him but i think Talon should do well agaisnt him too,but don't know about his E range.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to look more like?

#8 Hexadecimal

Hexadecimal

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

I've found that Morgana counters him pretty hard. Your passive spell vamp allows you exchange with him level 4-5+. Your spell shield also blocks his harass.
Posted Image

#9 Bluemind210

Bluemind210

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

If you are forced to play agaisnt him as AP...

Morgana, Brand or Maokai works wonders.

Anyway, the best thing you can do vs him is send an AD mid. Something with high range if possible. Caitlyn makes Kass become emo. Graves with his short range ironically works quite well, Kassadin is melee, so, you wil often hit him with a bonus damage Q while he is trying to lasthit

#10 Doom

Doom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

Try Taric mid

#11 Soulouri

Soulouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I don't play mid much but I thought Kass was the official counter to Morgana the height of everyone saying "OMG MORGANA OP" ?

#12 Hexadecimal

Hexadecimal

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

I don't play mid much but I thought Kass was the official counter to Morgana the height of everyone saying "OMG MORGANA OP" ?

Perhaps I'm just not playing against good enough Kassadins. In my experience I can negate any harass with my spell shield+spell vamp from my W. If he ults in to get close I just cast E+Q+W+R+ignite and that secures a kill unless it's later into the game and he's somewhat farmed. I'd like to know what other people think of Kass vs Morg.
Posted Image

#13 Patyfatycake

Patyfatycake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Perhaps I'm just not playing against good enough Kassadins. In my experience I can negate any harass with my spell shield+spell vamp from my W. If he ults in to get close I just cast E+Q+W+R+ignite and that secures a kill unless it's later into the game and he's somewhat farmed. I'd like to know what other people think of Kass vs Morg.

Spell shield should negate his silence, then when he slows u just q w him.

#14 Lachrymose

Lachrymose

Just Another Kassadin Player

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

Talon
Heimer
Morgana

#15 deyor

deyor

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Heimer is #1 hard counter against Kassadin but then again, how well you can do in teamfights and such is up to you.

Kassa can't do much when he's under his turret and it's not too easy to farm under turret with him, he loses a lot of last hits and is unable to harrash you.

#16 Lachrymose

Lachrymose

Just Another Kassadin Player

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

Kassa can't do much when he's under his turret

yes

it's not too easy to farm under turret with him, he loses a lot of last hits

no

unable to harrash you.

yes

#17 Numbers

Numbers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

I've done well with GP. Has some range, and can negate CC with oranges. Physical dealers fare better, as kass's passive absorbs spell damage. IE teemo and miss fortune have all / mostly magic dealing abilities.

Urgot maybe?

#18 Numbers

Numbers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

Regarding Urgot: depends on tbe skill levels of both players. A spamming Urgot is prone to getting counter harassed by cone slows.

Thing is Urgot has excellent harass and does entirely physical damage with a homing E+Q. Urgot has a CC inducing shield and can catch a retreating kass with his own ult.

#19 tapobu

tapobu

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

sion. he comes in to silence, you pop shield and stun him. by the time his stun wears off, your silence will be wearing off and you can finish your damage combo.
Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. - CS Lewis

#20 JGVariety

JGVariety

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

If you want a Champion in particular, I play Galio and majority of the time beat mid if it's AP, and do just as good if they're AD. Morgana being a good choice as well if yo uwant to counter his Crowd Control and negate some Damage. On the other hand, since you stated your in Low ELO, I guess your best bet is to somehow get an Early Game Advantage over him. Whether it's through a Jungle Gank (assuming you'll have a Jungler), or have some sort of Ability that has higher Range then his Silence, that way you can too deal some damage. Hope this helps :)