11 replies to this topic

#1 Hexadecimal

Hexadecimal

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hey everyone. I was browsing LoL reddit when I found this spreadsheet. It's a spreadsheet with general counters for Champions.

LoL Counter-pick Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....many=true#gid=0

Hope that this hasn't been posted before and that some of you guys find it helpful.
Posted Image

#2 Branmuffins

Branmuffins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Definitely interesting. I'm a decently experienced player but this sort of thing is what I need to learn now to better myself. Thanks! :D

#3 ItsMrT

ItsMrT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hey everyone. I was browsing LoL reddit when I found this spreadsheet. It's a spreadsheet with general counters for Champions.

LoL Counter-pick Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....many=true#gid=0

Hope that this hasn't been posted before and that some of you guys find it helpful.

Definitely very helpful. Learning some things. I really wish whoever made it would keep it updated. I think someone of high ELO should start a new counter-pick list similar to tier lists.

#4 Racker

Racker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Very helpful, i thank you for this. But i disagree on the fiddlestick counters : /. Alistar? Maybe. Janna/shaco? Not so much.
Did i say something Helpful, Witty, Silly, Rude, Or just unneeded?
Do you want more?
Just a man and his buddies, we cover League of Legends, BF3, MW3, D3, and Skyrim. Check us out: http://www.youtube.c...essGaming212012

#5 Selath

Selath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

It's said to be quite wrong. I'm not good enough to say if everything is true, but it would be lovely that some players make a new list (imo, do it alone is an hard row to hoe).

#6 I am the catman

I am the catman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

I'v always wondered if one of these were around somewhere. Don't know if I agree with all of these, but it's helpful for the most part.

#7 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

Very helpful, i thank you for this. But i disagree on the fiddlestick counters : /. Alistar? Maybe. Janna/shaco? Not so much.

Janna Counter Ulti's Fiddle

Shaco just Boxes and breaks channel of Life Drain.
95x546.jpg

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#8 A2ZOMG

A2ZOMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Some of these I disagree with.

For instance, I don't really get why people are so big on saying Garen counters Nasus. Sure, he does have an edge in earlygame burst, but the moment Nasus builds any sort of armor, Garen isn't doing that much damage to him anymore.

Morgana countering Veigar? Wow no, other way around man. Morgana cannot really stop Veigar from farming. And the moment he builds the slightest bit of sustain, her W damage is laughable. Sure it's not like Veigar can really kill her easily, but Morgana is frankly one of his easiest free farm matchups. After Lux. No mention of LeBlanc or Heimerdinger or Ryze makes me a bit sad for matchups that actually suck for Veigar.

Urgot getting countered by Akali? Wow no. waaaaaay definitely the other way around. Pre-level 6 Akali gets MASSACRED by Urgot. One E, and she's losing like a third to half of her health. By the time she gets to level 6, Urgot should be like...lvl 9 or something lol.

Other than that, nice chart.

#9 Selath

Selath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

Actually, i'm pretty sure Morg, with 2 dorans, is able to OS Veigar with her full combo. No mention about LB, because she's underplayed (except by Reginald), and she has less range that Veigar on his stun. I think a good Veigar can kill a good Leblanc.
Heimer just cant do nothing against Veigar (pushing maybe).

Urgot cant win against Akali, assuming she's not tard like 99% of the newest Akalis (trololol, she's so OP, she's my new main lulz!). Since she can avoid E by starting boots, she can try to creeps (hard row to hoe, but not impossible). And when she get his 6, it's just a no-match.

I agree about Nasus, even if a bruta/2dorans Garen is really scaring.

#10 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Black Shield > Veiger Stun

If Veiger doesn't stun he can't combo.
95x546.jpg

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#11 Umashi

Umashi

Womanizer

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

Tryndamere hardest counter to Talon.
Nasus counters Skarner is he plays safe until like level 7.
Volibear is countered by Vayne and Kog'Maw.

#12 A2ZOMG

A2ZOMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Actually, i'm pretty sure Morg, with 2 dorans, is able to OS Veigar with her full combo. No mention about LB, because she's underplayed (except by Reginald), and she has less range that Veigar on his stun. I think a good Veigar can kill a good Leblanc.
Heimer just cant do nothing against Veigar (pushing maybe).

The thing is, when is morgana ever gonna set up that combo on Veigar? Furthermore that's only gonna work on glass cannon Veigar, which I personally believe is a suboptimal build.

She really can only farm with W if the Veigar is any good at juking skillshots and sitting behind minions. W is okay harass on people with 0 sustain, which as Veigar, he should be building anyway. One philo stone, and Morgana does basically 0 damage to him.

I don't really care that she can black shield stun when in the first place (which honestly, she isn't always going to get to do if the Veigar knows how to instant stun), Morgana can't really harass Veigar in lane. And unless she builds full support which almost never happens, one Veigar ult will annihilate her lategame.

Leblanc is gay because she can COMPLETELY EVADE Veigar's stun while 2shotting him.

Heimerdinger outpushes and outharasses Veigar extremely hard, and Veigar earlygame doesn't have enough mana to keep up with all the shit Heimer does. If Veigar regenerated 40 mana per 5 by level 3, then this wouldn't be a bad matchup, but that obviously isn't the case. This is a matchup where you lose your turret period unless your jungler ganks effectively.

Urgot cant win against Akali, assuming she's not tard like 99% of the newest Akalis (trololol, she's so OP, she's my new main lulz!). Since she can avoid E by starting boots, she can try to creeps (hard row to hoe, but not impossible). And when she get his 6, it's just a no-match.

Urgot doesn't even have to do much of anything. He just threatens to attack her each time she wants to kill a creep and trades pre-level 6 are almost always in his favor. If Akali wants to commit to anything besides not getting hit, she's eventually going to get hit by E if the Urgot is any good. By the time Akali hits level 6, Urgot should easily have a level cs lead to counter Akali's burst. And he STILL can trade with her effectively because he doesn't care if she shrouds.