Photo

Best Champions to carry yourself out of low ELO (1200)?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 KKNDxSubfocus

KKNDxSubfocus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Currently i'm looking at maining Solo Top champions and AP mid for Solo Queue, however what are the viability of champions such as Yorick or Garen? Whenever Yorick is chosen I instantly get 'oh my god not Yorick' yet he seems to be a strong tanky dps and deal good damage? Ap mid I have no problem with maining Cassiopeia, Nidalee, Brand or Karthus however this seems to be the role that most players wish to play and thus unless your first pick, chances are I won't get that desired role (which also happens to be my strongest). What do you suggest are the strongest solo queue champions to get yourself out of what most consider ELO hell/low in any of the roles in solo queue except support? Thanks for any input.

#2 CupcakeMolester

CupcakeMolester

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

AD ranged carry.

Posted Image

#3 Richix

Richix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

AD ranged carry.

Not really lol .... I think ad carry is strong but you can't carry with it cuz you need you're farm....
Best is a jungler like lee sin ,nocturne or trundle ....
Or ap mid Kassadin , Sion ,Annie , Le Blanc

#4 Wasabi Kitty

Wasabi Kitty

I can change my member title, jealous much?

• Moderators
  • 2403 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Sion.

sdK3pgL.gif

#5 Peace Alien

Peace Alien

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Anyone you're really good with. Champs that you can win your lane and gank others.

#6 KKNDxSubfocus

KKNDxSubfocus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Anyone you're really good with. Champs that you can win your lane and gank others.

Just won 3 games in a row as Cassiopeia mid, won mid and denied their jungler hard. Gonna use her or Gragas in mid as they're my strongest picks, especially in teamfights. Maybe Brand also.

#7 Andree

Andree

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

one of the most underrated mid champions, yet, quite powerful and tanky: Ryze.

#8 Sordul

Sordul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Best way to get out of Elo hell is playing duo q ;) one goes jungle the other mid or solo top...works fine, cause it doubles ur chance to win if u can time jungle ganks perfectly via TS or Skype etc :)

Generelly speaking, solo top or mid champs have a great influence on the game. For mid, I prefer Gragas or Karthus. Farm all game long and beat them hard :D
For solo top, I would go Tryndamere ( "noob champ" inc) or nasus. If u win ur lane with Trynda, u have really great influence in teamfights, cause his dmg and sustain is awesome.
Same with Nasus. You can carry game with those 2 even if bot/mid lane failed.

I actually made great experience with tryndamere/skarner duo. Tryndamere solo top and Skarner jungle. If you are in skype or whatever, nearly every gank on your lane is a kill or forces the enemy to use everything he/she has to escape. The double slow provides you awesome CC and think of skarner ulti + tryndamere who can tower dive with his ult.
Another nice combo is AD ranged carry bot with blitzcrank support. I know, blitz has no real support skill at all, but this grap + knockup + silence from ult is so strong, many people cant handle that bot lane.

But, if you dont have a partner for duo, in fact u should solo top/mid. Most of random supports/ad carries really cant play their champs (in that elo) -.-

#9 JenkinMB

JenkinMB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

^ got it right. Duo Queue with someone who knows the game. Or you can duo with your best frand and if you both fail at least u can fail together ^.^

Overall try to get the FOTM champs. Junglers have the greatest global influence in the early game.

If the game is stagnant (no one dies) Whoever farms most will have a better presence. And junglers will be weaker due to less farms (although new patch will increase jungler farm so dunno about that.)

Get Dragons, Get Barons.

Basically the best champion to carry you out of lower ELO is....YOU.

#10 PLB Pingvinen

PLB Pingvinen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

play chars like lee, and noc and do good ganks from the jungle, and u can also go gp top or garen top thoose are real pubstompers ^^

#11 damm

damm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Kassadin and sion with moblitiy boots, just rape ur lane and then rape others.

#12 godofpoints

godofpoints

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Im currently learning how to play BRand and Leblanc, however Ive started having success playing tryndamere because I used to play him lots and well. The last 2 ranked games I played solo top and jungle(1200s), then ended up carrying because I knew how to play his strengths and gank my opponents. Basically play a champion that you're really good at, you can deny your lane opponent so they become useless. Then when you gank, you help make your allies' lane opponents useless too. YAY!

#13 KKNDxSubfocus

KKNDxSubfocus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Thanks for the great replies guys, i've currently been duo queueing with an Ashe I met and had some good success as we both win our lanes. I will try using a strong ganker such as Nocturne in the jungle or maybe play some more solo top instead of AP mid to see how that turns out. Overall i've been having a nice consistent performance in mid and providing a great presence in teamfights in terms of damage and CC.

#14 Isobri

Isobri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

Virtually any ap or ad carry works wonders. Top lane bruisers can also do it, as well as junglers with strong ganking ability.

Really it's more about what CAN'T carry you out of 1200, not what can. Supports cannot, and I would recommend staying away from pure tanks. Other than that, if you cannot get out of the 1200's, its more due to lack of skill on your part than the particular champs you play. Focus on improving champs your are comfortable with, and your elo will increase over the long run.

#15 Hollow

Hollow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

best case scenario is top with tp afk farming for 15-20 min and controlling drag and stuff with a tp... champs like GP can control mid or bot line with ult also

#16 Sordul

Sordul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

Kassadin and sion with moblitiy boots, just rape ur lane and then rape others.

Hmm, first of all, winning lane is usefull at all. But why u claim sion and kassadin as lane-winning champs better then others? And why with mobility boots? oO
Kassadin with mobility boots can be powerful, I agree, but if the enemy mid isnt retarded, mobility boots wont be uncountered ( they will call misses early and push midlane;) ).
Sion is a strong solo top and maybe mid, dunno, but its not ur job at mid/solotop to gank all the time. Winning lane it is good to gank, but u cant count on that.

#17 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

Annie worked wonders for me. Get a guaranteed kill at 6, snowball hard, gank other lanes, rape teamfights with tibbers+W. Super-easy on low-elo.
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#18 zappaii

zappaii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Best way to get out of Elo hell is playing duo q ;)

I did this with my friend. He was Vayne, and I was Taric. He had 2-16-1. -_- Biggest fail, yet funny at the same time.

#19 Sordul

Sordul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I did this with my friend. He was Vayne, and I was Taric. He had 2-16-1. -_- Biggest fail, yet funny at the same time.

Duo Q is not an automatic success. And, as I already mentioned, botlane isnt best thing you can do;)

#20 digress

digress

morally serious

• Members
  • 2581 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

last season easiest way to climb out of low elo was jungle mummy. you have to do everything; gank, jungle(drag/nash control), tank, initiate, ward- if you want to get out of shit elo.

edit; this was also for 1200-1400 elo. anything lower than 1200 any mid ap carry should do the trick if constantly pressure all lanes from mid.
Posted Image