• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Marante

Marante

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hey guys. I've been playing some normal games just for fun, cause we're 4 persons. We've been facing Trynda a couple of times now and we kinda wonder, how do you counter him? I mean going double exhaust obviously doesn't work, cause he got cleanse.

Anyone got any direct answers to this?

Best regards, Marante

#2 vitrael

vitrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

Any and every form of CC.

#3 Umashi

Umashi

Womanizer

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Teemo, Malphite

#4 Chainer9999

Chainer9999

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

Thornmail.

#5 overRated

overRated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Teemo. Blinding dart when he starts to attack your carry.

#6 UglyTractor

UglyTractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Janna banana
Posted Image

#7 A2ZOMG

A2ZOMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hey guys. I've been playing some normal games just for fun, cause we're 4 persons. We've been facing Trynda a couple of times now and we kinda wonder, how do you counter him? I mean going double exhaust obviously doesn't work, cause he got cleanse.

Best regards, Marante

Nasus is singlehandedly the best 1v1 counter to Tryndamere in the game and actually can feasibly kill Tryndamere 1v1. More towards mid to lategame, but if he's about equally farmed as Tryndamere, he has the advantage against him. Tryndamere almost never stacks large amounts of defense, which means Nasus's farmed Q in general is going to do a ton of damage to Tryn that he can't ignore (I don't think Tryn's W cuts the bonus damage either), and typically Spirit Fire will render the little armor Tryn does build pretty useless (usually a wriggle's lantern). Wither basically renders Tryndamere useless for 5 seconds (which is equal to the duration of Tryn's ultimate, and it's unlikely you'll see him run tenacity too) and on max CDR is only on about like...a 6.5 second cooldown? Furthermore Nasus's OWN ultimate is a fairly good counter to Tryn's in being able to prevent Tryn from being able to get out alive and doing anything.

Early to midgame and even sometimes lategame, Garen is also pretty competent at 1v1ing Tryn. By default he's a tankier character, which offsets some of Tryn's damage, and he's also pretty resistant to most of Tryndamere's shenanigans (get slowed? Hit E). Q is also very strong against Tryn not just for its damage, but the silence does stop Tryn from using his first three abilities which makes harass on Tryn safer to do.

Tristana is the best ranged AD carry at 1v1ing Tryn due to her escape options as well as at level 18 having the highest attack range in the game.

If you're looking for an AP carry that has decent options for dealing with skirmishes on the fly against Tryndamere...I'd say Annie and Veigar do best against him. They have practical stuns and very high burst. In most situations when equally farmed, Tryndamere should not be able to kill them easily, and usually is forced to use his ultimate if he engages them and gets focused. I can safely say from experience with Veigar that I've been chased many times by Tryndamere players and in 95% of those situations, I get out alive. And many of those times are situations where I'm away from my team and out of position to be saved by them.

Alistar in teamfights is also an extremely strong counter to Tryndamere in that cleanse doesn't help Tryndamere get past Alistar.

Janna and Sona to a lesser extent also have pretty practical options for denying Tryndamere in teamfights. Both can provide movespeed buffs to their team as well as a slow on Tryndamere to prevent him from autoattacking easily, and their ultimates are good CC options as well.

#8 degath123

degath123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

Best regards, Marante

I usually use Veigar on mid,just need to combo him before he use ulti :)

sorry for my bad english,
Degath

#9 p0wn

p0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

yea nasus does pretty well against Trynd.as a solo top bruiser i would also suggest Udyr,because he is Udyr and wins against every champion,nuffsaid.

if you look for an AP carry i would suggest Swain.he has a root + a slow and sooooooo much DPS,also Swain shitz on melees.Swains E increases the TRUE dmg from ignite,so even this little summoner spell does more DPS and DPS kills Trynd.last but not least Swain has his ult and can easy peasy outsustain Trynds Q and lifesteal from lantern/BT.

have never played her but Kayle should do somewhat well against Trynd too,she has a slow,a ranged dps,''okay'' heals with a speedup and her ult counters Trynds ult.anyone tried it?

if nothing works go for Jax,oh wait they want to remove dodge nvm then.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to look more like?

#10 ampEd

ampEd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

Feel free to check out my Skarner guide for top. Skarner is a great counter.

#11 therefortomorrow

therefortomorrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

Ryze. or anyone whos good at holding im in one place so he can't freely do what he is meant to do.

#12 stomp

stomp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

Ryze. or anyone whos good at holding im in one place so he can't freely do what he is meant to do.

Any kite comp eats Trynda.

Especially look for strong, long lasting, ranged slows. Karthus' wall, Trundle's pillar, Janna's slow, but also ezreal with red buff, exhaust is good. Just a few examples. Nasus' wither is amazing lategame, but I kinda wouldn't be happy with Nasus vs Trynda in the early laning.

#13 A2ZOMG

A2ZOMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Any kite comp eats Trynda.

Especially look for strong, long lasting, ranged slows. Karthus' wall, Trundle's pillar, Janna's slow, but also ezreal with red buff, exhaust is good. Just a few examples. Nasus' wither is amazing lategame, but I kinda wouldn't be happy with Nasus vs Trynda in the early laning.

Earlygame isn't really a problem unless you make it one. You want Tryn to push your lane and just focus on getting enough gold for philo stone and then cloth armor and then teleport back to lane. From there the matchup is very easy.

#14 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

I think that if you have a bit of cc and play smart..then you're countering him in laning. force him to use his rage to heal himself instead of critting you and keeping him lower on hp than you could do the trick.

As for champions, i belive that Akali was a big counter.. how can you rightclick something that you cant see? He spins away, Akali chases and Akali out-sustains him. Dunno if she still counters that good after the Akali nerfs though.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image

#15 CyaSteve

CyaSteve

• Moderators
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Skarner.
US server
My Stream
Mains: Caitlyn, Vayne, Graves, Kog'Maw
Current solo 5s: 1520 21-15
Current premade 5s: 1385 6-2
My focus goes to making the best premade 5s team I can possibly build. If you're interested PM or add me in game.

#16 Teddiku

Teddiku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Countering Champs = teemo, nidalee(wriggles), kennen, udyr, akali
Pretty even laning = chogath, Gangplank, renekton (but you have to shut him down early), gangplank. Riven
Items: armor, thornmail,
Spells: EXHAUST

CC is nice
make sure you focus him if hes the most fed

As long as you shut him down early game, Trydn is nothing to worry about (unless you feed him)

OH and I guess suppression also work

Nasus is singlehandedly the best 1v1 counter to Tryndamere in the game and actually can feasibly kill Tryndamere 1v1. More towards mid to lategame, but if he's about equally farmed as Tryndamere, he has the advantage against him. Tryndamere almost never stacks large amounts of defense, which means Nasus's farmed Q in general is going to do a ton of damage to Tryn that he can't ignore (I don't think Tryn's W cuts the bonus damage either), and typically Spirit Fire will render the little armor Tryn does build pretty useless (usually a wriggle's lantern). Wither basically renders Tryndamere useless for 5 seconds (which is equal to the duration of Tryn's ultimate, and it's unlikely you'll see him run tenacity too) and on max CDR is only on about like...a 6.5 second cooldown? Furthermore Nasus's OWN ultimate is a fairly good counter to Tryn's in being able to prevent Tryn from being able to get out alive and doing anything.

Nasus is not really a hard counter. It depends on how you build nasus early game. IF you rush glacial shield + philo as your first items you should be able to farm top all day >_>Ninja nabi if needed

#17 CyaSteve

CyaSteve

• Moderators
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Countering Champs = teemo, nidalee(wriggles), kennen, udyr, akali
Pretty even laning = chogath, Gangplank, renekton (but you have to shut him down early), gangplank. Riven
Items: armor, thornmail,
Spells: EXHAUST

Pretty sure 2 GPs shuts down anyone.
US server
My Stream
Mains: Caitlyn, Vayne, Graves, Kog'Maw
Current solo 5s: 1520 21-15
Current premade 5s: 1385 6-2
My focus goes to making the best premade 5s team I can possibly build. If you're interested PM or add me in game.