• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Domeskie

Domeskie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hey guys, who is the best AP against tankier teams, I'm not talking about 1v1 lane comp I'm looking for a few APs who are going to help your team win fights against a team that can send two guys running through your lines eating damage, I already know cass is up there any other suggestions????

As always Thanks and all insight is appreciated!

#2 KelberotZ

KelberotZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Malzahar's Null Zone is pretty crippling to anyone if they get locked down in it, especially if he stacks on the Magic Pen.
Just make sure you have some CC on your team so he can get it down on somone long enough to melt their hp.
Posted Image

#3 digress

digress

morally serious

• Members
  • 2581 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Malz is the safest choice tied with Anivia if you are promised blue vs. a tanky team.
Posted Image

#4 AXPickle

AXPickle

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Malzahar, Morgana, Ahri, Leblanc
Posted Image
by etree

#5 SouK Ahra

SouK Ahra

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

obviously viktor
Life is, basically, suicide in slow motion.

#6 uzsibox

uzsibox

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

anyone with built in magic pen and low cds and preferably stuns.
or just stuns.
stuns are awesome.
When theres no stun Kat!

Posted Image

#7 Juke

Juke

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

no, no, no, no.

Cassieopia, with constant poking you will wittle their hp down so that by the time an actual teamfight happens they'll be lower than usual. Cass and Gragas imo. I play cass over 90% of ap mids unless im against leblanc or kennen.

NGR PRESTIGE

Posted Image

#8 SouK Ahra

SouK Ahra

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

so high range poking, xerath would be there, also passive mpen and though he just has 1 stun, he does have it
Life is, basically, suicide in slow motion.

#9 jakebro

jakebro

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Brand can usually poke pretty well cause of that passive of his.

#10 DeeCee

DeeCee

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

zombie karthus :D
Posted Image

#11 Rueian

Rueian

Out Crossing Animals

• Members
  • 3698 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I would think between Malz, Cass and brand. I can't think of any other casters with % hp damage. Cass just has a heavy DoT which as Juke pointed out works well if you play safe enough before the team fight.

Rueian | NA | Silver V 35 | 182 : 200

Initiative Change Persistence Commitment Achievement
Posted Image

Season One | 1305 | 33 : 30

Season Two | 1240 | Top: 1296 | 267 : 271

#12 Thylamide

Thylamide

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ahri, Xerath, Kennen

basically you just want longish ranges and constant damage
but then again, what the hell do i know.....

Posted Image
Sig's by etree

#13 Hexadecimal

Hexadecimal

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ryze is good as well although he doesn't have the longest range he can spam spells and is also somewhat of a tank himself late game.
Posted Image

#14 Juke

Juke

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

totally forgot about xerath but yeah. kennen isn't too good actually he can poke with unlimited energy but if you ult on a tanky team you better have a lot more damage coming from your team.

NGR PRESTIGE

Posted Image

#15 OrcsWrath

OrcsWrath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

i believe malzahar is the best solution tho...if you get your enemies to stay in null zone they'll waste alot of hp for nothing, gragas could be a nother good one since he has alot of range..just to poke...or cassio cause she can spam E every 0.5sec..

#16 Dolphin Trainer

Dolphin Trainer

No Cake No Life

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

My answer will be a bit out of the norm but here goes:

Positioners : Twisted Fate, Leblanc, Ahri, Kassadin
explanation : Twisted Fate - can use his ultimate to position better in a teamfight, to avoid the tankier heroes rushing your front, and porting behind or near the carries. Leblanc - has two blinks (four if you make use of the second blink) which allows for huge mobility for positioning, and can get behind the tanks while still being able to obliterate the carry. Ahri - Same as Leblanc, but also has true damage which can whittle away at the tankier heroes as well. Kassadin - Able to position with ultimate, and kill the carry like Leblanc.

Xerath : He is able to kill the carry hiding in the back, in locust of power even without hitting mage chains so long as his ultimate and arcanopulse hits the target.

Gragas : Can knock the tanks back, and/or the carries to you with a good positioned ultimate. Very mobile with body slam, and can escape the initiating tanks.

Reasoning for hero choices : Although the tanky initiators will be harder to kill and the ones that usually rush you they deal not even close to the damage of the enemy AD/AP carries. Being able to position better and ignoring the initiators and going for the carries can win games. If two tanks are initiating on your team, that leaves the AD/AP/Support a bit behind (at least one of them) allowing you to burst them after positioning with blinks. Xerath however, can use his ultimate and hit even the tanks if they are bodyguarding the carry due to Arcane Barrage being AoE. Gragas : Ultimate can ruin initiations and get the carries

tl;dr - If they have two heroes that can run through the lines to eat your damage, be someone who can either position himself to kill the enemy carry or someone who can disposition/kill them far away. They may be tanky, but they aren't the ones doing damage.
(same thing as focusing singed)

I'll be on Skype or send me a PM if you want to find me..Very inactive on here nao
And I'm home