9 replies to this topic

#1 Haas The Mighty

Haas The Mighty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hey guys!

I would like to know what computer specs you have because i wish to build a new computer and i want to be able to stream and record without lagg. So if you have time please answer!

Thanks //Haas The Mighty

#2 Scubasage

Scubasage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hey guys!

I would like to know what computer specs you have because i wish to build a new computer and i want to be able to stream and record without lagg. So if you have time please answer!

Thanks //Haas The Mighty

High quality streaming is more held back by internet connection rather than computer hardware. For example, despite the fact that while in game, I get somewhere between 150-250 FPS (it spikes up and down but usually sits around 200), I still can only stream at 720p, not 1080p, because my internet connection's upload speed isn't fast enough to properly support 1080p.

So basically, if you have a computer strong enough for 60+ FPS with maxed out settings, then what is more important is getting your hands on a solid internet connection rather than getting a better computer.

#3 Pingmeep

Pingmeep

SoloMid Tournaments / News

• Moderators
  • 1409 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hey guys!

Thanks //Haas The Mighty

You can view Chaox's System Specs Here

#4 Haas The Mighty

Haas The Mighty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

High quality streaming is more held back by internet connection rather than computer hardware. For example, despite the fact that while in game, I get somewhere between 150-250 FPS (it spikes up and down but usually sits around 200), I still can only stream at 720p, not 1080p, because my internet connection's upload speed isn't fast enough to properly support 1080p.

So basically, if you have a computer strong enough for 60+ FPS with maxed out settings, then what is more important is getting your hands on a solid internet connection rather than getting a better computer.

How much upload should I have to stream 720p? Currently I'm on 11 down 10 Up

You can view Chaox's System Specs Here

I've been looking for those damn specs :) Cheers mate!

#5 Scubasage

Scubasage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

How much upload should I have to stream 720p? Currently I'm on 11 down 10 Up

I've been looking for those damn specs :) Cheers mate!

10 mbps up? Then you should be fine, I only have like 3 mbps up. With 10 mbps up, you should be fine for 1080p as well.

#6 Ritchie

Ritchie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

what kinda mouses and keyboards do they use?

#7 Pingmeep

Pingmeep

SoloMid Tournaments / News

• Moderators
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

what kinda mouses and keyboards do they use?

Razor Black Widow seem to all over the TSM house, not sure on mouse models.

#8 Scubasage

Scubasage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

I know theoddone uses some cheapo mouse you find at like staples or walmart. Chaox uses a Thermaltake Black Element. At IEM Kiev it looked like they all used the Black Element.

#9 BmpBlast

BmpBlast

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Xpecial's post on what equipment TSM uses.
Server: NA
IGN: BmpBlast

#10 Haas The Mighty

Haas The Mighty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

10 mbps up? Then you should be fine, I only have like 3 mbps up. With 10 mbps up, you should be fine for 1080p as well.

Do you mean the standard speedtest.net test or with the settings to megabytes instead of bits?

Posted Image