17 replies to this topic

#1 Ryzer

Ryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:07 AM

Amumu is way more effective in a jungle than he is in a lane; so jungle Amumu is the way to go.I've had quite a bit success running this build.
Posted Image

Masteries:

Posted Image

Runes:
(Keep in mind this is how I use my runes and I have found to work veryw ell for Amumu; the attack speed isn't very necessary; magic pen would also work very well)

Red: Attack speed
Yellow: Health Per Level
Blue: Magic Resist
Quintessence: +Health

Posted Image

Summoner Skill:

Smite is a must.
Second summoner skill is your choice; Personally I pick Ghost since its good for initiation (if you want to save bandage toss stun for interrupt) and its a very good get away.
Posted Image

For Items to build for:
Boots: Mercury Tread or dodge Boots; depending on the team
Leviathan: Great for health item and Amumu can get a TON of assists.
Sunfire Cloak or Banshee's Veil: Depends on the team; if more physical get sunfire if more caster heavy get veil. (Also depends who is doing well on their team)

The rest of the items are up to you; but I build towards a Rylai's Crystal Scepter for slow/ Ability power/ AND health.

What to buy first:
Amumu is a somewhat slow jangler compared to what other jungles can do.

I buy a Elixir of Fortitude and Five Health pots first.

What skill to pick first?
Its important that you don't pick your skill right away; since it depends on the mobs. I'll show you a picture of where you go to help explain.

Posted Image

1) Wolves/Golems: If it is Wolves pick up Tantrum(E) First; If it is Golems, pick up Despair(W) first. SAVE SMITE.
-Tantrum is easier for killing wolves
-Golems lose about 25 health per second each from despair being active. Id turn off despair once the second golem is about 1/4 health.
-USE HEALTH POTS WHILE FIGHTING THESE; USE IT AS SOON AS YOU LOSE A LITTLE BIT OF HEALTH TO KEEP YOURSELF TOPPED OFF
Posted Image OR Posted Image
2) Ghosts: Use your smite on the big blue ghost right away (Make sure the person in middle is far enough away so you get full xp.
- Again; health pots.

You should be at least level 2 now depending if you got wolves or golems. But your second skill you pick up is which ever skill you didn't pick up before (Tantrum or Despair)

3)Wolves/Golems: Again same thing as 1 except just make sure you just waste up your mana since You will BLUEPILL after these.

Now buy some more health pots; depending on the team; if you have the gold buy cloth armor for the dodge boots; buy just boots if you want to build merc treads (If you have the gold)

**Now on Mana Golem hold down despair and the golem will quickly lose health; use your smite at about half health and finish off the mobs.

-Head over back to the ghosts using despair and tantrum to kill them.

(Now that you're level 3 pick up another rank of tantrum)
Posted Image
Go back; past the red buff; to the golems and wolves and kill them.

**Now go grab red buff; using the rest of your mana to kill him. (Try to save smite IF YOU CAN)
(You should be 4; grab bandage toss)
Posted Image
Bluepill and regen Finish off your boots but make sure you have enough for 2 or 3 more health pots (if you need more)

--Now for dragon-- **Dragon very early game is a GREAT advantage**
Get someone from bot (Should have 2 bot) to come help you with dragon. Bandage toss in and keep despair up; smite when lower health.

And Jungling should be pretty easy from there.

Posted Image
I try to gank when I get Amumu's ult at level 6; you can gank earlier but its a little tougher with flashes/ghosts and what not.

--I tried to add a lot of pictures to make it not such a wall of text.
Posted Image
"let me solo top"

#2 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

why not the 21 in defense? curious

#3 Melkien

Melkien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

I use the same build while jungling, but I actually put the 21 point in defense. I dont think its worth leaving out for 15% more in buffs, plain 15% more is still a lot.

#4 Udunson

Udunson

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

I agree with andy. Taking the 21 in defense would be the best IMO.

#5 Dutymode

Dutymode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

I agree with andy. Taking the 21 in defense would be the best IMO.

He only has 19 in defense. He'd have to lose both points in the buff bonus or the smite mastery.

#6 i.Phan

i.Phan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

He only has 19 in defense. He'd have to lose both points in the buff bonus or the smite mastery.

Not both, only 1. If you don't take smite mastery.

Posted Image
LoL IgN: DontMashme

#7 Elite

Elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

Taking the 21 in defense would be better imo. I prefer more survivability. Although the buff mastery is useful. I guess it is up to preference

#8 Otukt

Otukt

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

I jungle amumu in a totaly diffrent way.

My Mastery build is normaly 1/16/13, taking smite in offence, SoP and the increased HP in defense and buff duration and mana regen in utility. i Completly skip the dodge masteries since i dont rune for it and usually dont get Tabi.
Runewise i run:
Glyphs: Magic resist / level
Seals: Flat armor
Marks: Flat armor or Magicpen
Quints: Flat HP

I usually start at golem right of the bat and then clear the rest of my jungle. After that i head home and get a ruby crystal and go gank i labe if i have a GOOD opporunity otherwise i head straight for dragon.

I usually max out Despair first but i still fool around skill wise after 200 games lol. In like 80% or my games i go for a banshes first, i have nice armor from masteries and runes so its enough for early/mid game. After banshes there is a lot of good options tbh: Aegis, Sunfire, GA(?), HoG/Randuin, Zonya's, Abyssal, etc etc.

This is how i prefer to play him and it usually works out great. To bad Amumu has become banned in a lot of games recently.
Posted Image

#9 DOA Monkey

DOA Monkey

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

My Mastery build is normaly 1/16/13, taking smite in offence, SoP and the increased HP in defense and buff duration and mana regen in utility. i Completly skip the dodge masteries since i dont rune for it and usually dont get Tabi.
Runewise i run:

I usually start at golem right of the bat and then clear the rest of my jungle. After that i head home and get a ruby crystal and go gank i labe if i have a GOOD opporunity otherwise i head straight for dragon.

I usually max out Despair first but i still fool around skill wise after 200 games lol. In like 80% or my games i go for a banshes first, i have nice armor from masteries and runes so its enough for early/mid game. After banshes there is a lot of good options tbh: Aegis, Sunfire, GA(?), HoG/Randuin, Zonya's, Abyssal, etc etc.

This is how i prefer to play him and it usually works out great. To bad Amumu has become banned in a lot of games recently.

Dont people typically use their OWN thread for this?

#10 Otukt

Otukt

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

Why would i make a new thread? I really dont get why you get offended and feel that you need to reply about this.

I just said how i played him since it differs quite a lot and it could be good for ppl to have something to compare the OP with.
I could just commented/questioned everypart that i dissagree on but that wouldnt be very polite now would it?

Heres a couple of things that i question about the original guide...

1#
Attack speed Marks: I guess that the OP choose these because it boosts the first couple of jungling. They do not however increase amumu overall effectivity. Armor would boost his early jungling as well as the other aspects of the game and so would Magic pen. Im confident to say that magic pen is a better source if you want dmg out but then the attack speed marks. So my question to the OP would be why he choosed attack speed over the other options.

2# Elixir of fortitude I do understand that it boosts the early survivalbility but it is only worth it if you get a early gank that you wouldnt be able to get without it or survive an early jungle gank. A cloth armor on the other hand would not be wasted gold even if you didnt get a succesful gank of. It boosts the early jungle survivalbility, cots the same and is usefull as it could be tunred into another item like HoG, tabi, GA, aegis or whatever.

3# not starting at golem Amumu is such a great jungler, he could easely start at golem and still have plenty of health left. Not starting at golem means that the enemy champions could get it and that would truly hurt Amumus jungling. One could say that " my team mates will make sure that the enemy cant take golem"... Well good for you that you have such a competent team, im quite sure they could scout golem at level one for you as well then. Not starting with early golem and Lizard allso makes your over all EXP lower since you will kill the golem later and there by a later 2:nd golem etc etc.
One advantage however with a dont hitting golem at level one is that you will have fresh buffs if you want to gank but as i understand the guide above he doesnt gank before level 6.

Im not gonna rant any more but i just dont understand why you dont like me stating how i play Amumu. I really think that a guide have to be questioned even though it is posted by a high elo player. And my personal opinion is that its more polite to tell someone how you play the champion in stead of question the first post. In that way you could get a good discussion wich could lead to improving the guide or playstyle. Your post however didnt contribute at all, the only thing it did was increase your post count...
Feel free to question me...
Posted Image

#11 Stinglock

Stinglock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:44 AM

Why would i make a new thread? I really dont get why you get offended and feel that you need to reply about this.

Well considering your first post in this thread was just a
"this is how I jungle amumu" with lots of I's and the whole "well, this is how I do things"
I'd inclined to suggest the same. Also, alot changes in 5 months.
Posted Image GARENA
NA - Not really on NA anymore...

#12 Hraklea

Hraklea

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Usually people ward or gank you at Golem in the beggining, so I think start from Wraths is more safe, but I don't level so fast as I go back to base two times during jungle (Wrath -> Wolfes -> Golems -> Base -> Golem Buff -> opposing Wraths -> my Wraths -> Lizard Buff -> Base -> Gank).

About items, stacking Heart of Gold pawns like hell! (HoG -> Merc Treads -> 3x HoG -> Zhonya's Ring -> Sell one HoG -> Abyssal Scepter)

#13 Otukt

Otukt

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Well as i said before if you skip golem when it spawns because your afraid that you might get ganked then they will probably pick your golem right of the bat. That wouldnt be good at all tbh.
I think the best bet is to make sure your team protects you and get golem at .55.
Posted Image

#14 Hraklea

Hraklea

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

You can pick their golem too :P

#15 azgadil

azgadil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

Amumu is my main and play him very similiar to the build here:
Marks: Mag PEN
Quints: Flat Armor

Despair, Tantrum, Tantrum, Wrap (Fountain - then Gank or Jungle).

So much has changed since this original post;

1-16-13 is SUPER SOLID for Jungle Amumu - but admit that he is not as team fight tanky; still completly viable bulid though).

Runewise i run:

#16 KakavSmor

KakavSmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

i agree. 1/13/16 is the way to go with amumu. and people i can see u dont use mana regen seals on amumu. imo they are must. + masteries u got some sick mana regen. just get bansee or frozen heart for mana pool increase and u cry for 2 minutes like idiot.

#17 KakavSmor

KakavSmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

i go flash/smite. improver smite/flash and ms bonus ofc + buf duration exp gold and mana regen. and its gg

#18 p0wn

p0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Hello!! :D

my jungle mumy build is a bit different.

i'm running 1/13/16 masteries;no points into evasion, think about mumys E skill - the Tantrum, if mumy gets hit,the cooldown of tantrum is reduced by 0,5 secs!!you maybe get a bit more dmg from the minions,but since amumu is a tank + the E skill(tantrum) also reduces the normal dmg (minion dmg) that doesn't matter.more hits from minions -> more tantrum -> faster jungling.less hits from minions -> less tantrum -> slower jungling.

for runes i'm using magic pen seals,armor glyphs,mag res per lvl marks and run speed quints.
mag pen -> more dmg
armor -> less dmg from jungling
mag res/lvl -> adds a nice ammount of mag res for late game.
speed quints -> since i put 3 points into the runspeed masteries this works very -> very funny if you got a janna in your team =)

summoner spells:smite&flash or ghost.i like to pick flash for easy initiation with mumys ult,but sometimes ghost does this better.

skill sequence is easy,start with W->E->E->Q->E/W->R-> then max E first.

well just my thoughts about the junglemumy!
greetings p0wn

ps: sry for my bad engrish,i'm working on it! =)
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to look more like?