• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

So recently i've been playing with my team as a solo top bruiser and ive had to face a wave of mordekaisers which seem to wreck my laning phase due to their extreme harassing powers and the very quick spell vamp they grab.

The first terrible game was a morde counter-picking my trynd which pretty much makes sense, the second was a morde counter-picking my irelia pick.

Hence i wonder, who can counter a mordekaiser top??
Should i just have him banned or is there a jungler that could easily wreck his lane often?

I've heard garen could do decent and i figured a cait top would outrange him but besides that i dont really know...Maybe galio???

Thanks

#2 RheA

RheA

BOSS

• Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Let's see...to name a few : Ryze, Kennen, Cassiopeia, Garen, Galio, Vlad, AP Soraka (!!! wth ikr ) - pretty much anyone with spammable CC, long range (poke) or infinite regeneration. If you picked melee AD just ask for jungler ganks often, Morde's main advantage also goes against him, if he farms too much and pushes he will expose himself to ganks repeatedly and die often since he has no way to escape besides his SS. Stay behind his minions and zone him out from your own minions using the brush and poke him hard, he's easy to counter.
Posted Image

#3 Sexual Moses

Sexual Moses

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

If ur melee and ur jungler sucks, what I suggest you try is be extremely aggresive lvl 1 and 2 where you have the upper hand and get him low, that way he's scared to approach minions and you will have an easier time farming.

Posted Image

#4 Landi

Landi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Hmm dunno but Irelia works really well against Morde.. just be aggressive early on, when he has not many skills to get his shield up (high cooldowns too).

Of course you should have flat mr glyphs and the 6mr of the deftree... giving you like 50 MR @ Lvl1.
Start with boots + pots, then buy 2 of the small MR cloaks and a ruby. At this stage you should already be able to almost ignore him and just heal with autoattacking. Get phage, mr boots and wits end and he will have no fun.

In my opinion Irelia is really one of the best champs to have against morde, as she can build early MR without problems and still deal huge dmg and having great sustain.

Had some succes with Teemo and a similar build, but its not that easy...

MR is the key really... Morde deals less dmg, gets less shield, less vamp -> much easier to kill

#5 Gougou

Gougou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Brand would destory him.

Pretty much anything that is tanky and have long range harass
Posted Image

#6 xXKUR0S4K1Xx

xXKUR0S4K1Xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

Personally as a morde player i can say that xin zhao is the best counter i know of. even harder than cait and brand.

#7 Dolphin Trainer

Dolphin Trainer

No Cake No Life

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Leblanc and Cassio

Cassio can counter any melee hero mid-lane by throwing Noxious blast and following up with twin fangs when they last hit (unless the melee hero has a ranged CC that can stop spell casting : silence, stun)

edit : Scratch that, Leblanc gets pushed too hard against a Mordekaiser

I'll be on Skype or send me a PM if you want to find me..Very inactive on here nao
And I'm home

#8 Ruskinaria

Ruskinaria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

ad cant counter him . just kennen and cass - ryze can counter him , brand doesnt really counter him , u have to be really accurate and cant do serious damage till llvl 3-4 , but then morde already has his skills to kick ur face , i would recommen kennen to counter him :)

#9 Deji

Deji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Anyone that can bully him around early game rapes Mord, even melee. That includes most APs, and a lot of top lanes. Delaying him getting revolver is pretty key.

In top lane, Olaf is a good counter. Morde's farming mechanic pushes the wave really hard, and he has no CC or escapes. Axe+Reckless Swing him until he's at his tower (if not dead already). Repeat twice and he has to go back.

#10 p0wn

p0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

there's nothing that can stop a MORDEKAISER cause Morde is #1

a good Morde will just play safe till lvl4,then push every incoming wave down,run to enemy wraiths/golems and kill it all the time.Morde wins a lane because he outfarms everyone,nothing more.so the way to stop Morde would be a champion that can push/clear waves faster then him,IMO only Sion/Galio i think.Swain could lane relatively well against Morde since Swain shitz on Meeles and has some nice sustain after 6.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to look more like?

#11 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Cait pretty much shits all over Morde.
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#12 EvilASD

EvilASD

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

All i know is he is easy as shit to gank on Gangplank.

#13 Agiond

Agiond

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Maybe it's just me, but Xin Zhao's strong earlygame beats mordekaiser pretty hard (and all champs that have weak earlygames). At lvl3 Xin Zhao can burst him down really fast, so he recall or die.

"Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam" - Hannibal Barca

"We will either find a way, or make one"

JAX Guide: Imagine if he had a real weapon

#14 Gjom

Gjom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

I found a really easy counter to Morde was Talon in the laning phase. The only problem is that the team can't be too tanky, otherwise Talon won't be as useful.
What's strange is you play the first couple levels PASSIVE, and then go aggressive around L4.
He'll be too scared to stay close.

Also, Ignite is your best friend.

#15 Dominus Ensis

Dominus Ensis

Swiggity swag, what's in the bag?

• Guides Moderator
  • 3435 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Renekton shits on morde :D.
The guide is still being constructed. If you really want to see an incomplete Renekton guide, feel free to click the image.

NOTE: RUNES AND MASTERIES UNDERGOING A MAJOR REFORMAT (also I have to reupload the images because photobucket sucks)

Posted Image

Thanks to Foo18 for the image.

#16 Endrance

Endrance

• Members
  • 2321 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Nothing but Cassio actually beats Morde mid. There's some stales like Ziggs for example, but he doesn't really lose against anybody else.
Morde is actually a counter to LeBlanc, Kassadin and Vlad, because he can push them in the tower early. This will make them lose alot of CS, since none of them is good at CS'ing under turret. Those CS will snowball, unless Mordekaiser dies 2-3 times early on, which is highly unlikely.

Top lane he kinda sucks (you can't just perma push top lane into enemy turret without having a champion with escapes), which means alot of stuff wins against him there.
Posted Image

#17 winbot

winbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Garen, its pretty epic how badly he beats morde and because no one plays him any more they probably wont be thinking about how dumb morde top is. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition er I mean garen.

#18 CactusLime

CactusLime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

Mordekaiser top has a choice:

1. He doesn't use spells on minions to avoid pushing the lane - he does not have his shield up and his cs count will likely be lower
Counter: Just kill him, outfarm or both. A Morde without shield is weak, especially pre-revolver

2. He does use spells to constantly push the lane to your side. A few E's will maybe hit you, his shield will be on and you'll be on the defensive
Counter: Have your jungler gank him. A mordekaiser pushing far into the lane is an absolute freekill - he has no escapes whatsoever, rather low movementspeed and low or no sustain. Repeat this forever until he stops pushing, then you can either just outfarm him or kill him.

Conclusion: Mordekaiser is a horrible horrible horrible toplane champion.

#19 SouK Ahra

SouK Ahra

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

panth
Life is, basically, suicide in slow motion.

#20 DizzyMane

DizzyMane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Brand would destory him.

Pretty much anything that is tanky and have long range harass

Absolutely LOVE your sig (^_^)

TRAIN INSANE OR REMAIN THE SAME

Posted Image