• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 MCsq2

MCsq2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

So yeah, I'm probably not the only one here who realizes the OPness of Morgana's kit... nearly every single time, the team with Morgana in it always comes out on top, due to her CC's and anti-CC. All her abilities have fairly high damage and give her sustain. She's also naturally beefy as well...

Is there anyone that can counter Morgana well? Or does the potential of her spell shield shut down that many characters? :s

#2 Scubasage

Scubasage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Send AD against her, not AP. High mobility also helps to avoid her ult. Finally, if all else fails, just keep her banned.

#3 Traster

Traster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

^ This Exactly ^

Dedication.

#4 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Pick Karthus.

Neither can really kill the other. It turns into a farm lane. A farmed Karthus is a lot more scary than a farmed Morg. Plus Karthus can still get kills/assists while farming.
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#5 Worstcase

Worstcase

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

The ability to effectively dodge Dark Bindings would certainly be handy.
Some kind of teleport to help snap her ultimate and further dodge Dark Binding is needed.
She's tougher then most, so a champion that can sustain harass would be ideal.

#6 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Pick Karthus.

Neither can really kill the other. It turns into a farm lane. A farmed Karthus is a lot more scary than a farmed Morg. Plus Karthus can still get kills/assists while farming.

Same goes for Morde. A farmed Morde is more scary than a farmed Morg.
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#7 MrAtticus

MrAtticus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

With cassio it's quite easy vs morgana.

#8 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

leblanc beats morgana NP just bait her into using spellshield with one Q then hit her hard when it's off CD.
Posted Image

#9 non1ckzz

non1ckzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Morde and Sion

Posted Image

#10 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

leblanc beats morgana NP just bait her into using spellshield with one Q then hit her hard when it's off CD.

doesnt it have lower cd than your Q?
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#11 Cormag

Cormag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Talon is probably the hardest counter to morg there is.

All physical so black shield is useless
A blink gap closer with a silence so dark binding is pretty much useless
Can clear waves well with rake so morg cant go roaming.

Pretty much just dodge darkk binding, blink to her and start pounding on her. Can easlily win lane.
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."

"They say that money cant buy happiness but I would rather cry in my Ferrari"

My Guides:

Item Cost Efficiency

Health vs Resistances

#12 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Oh. and Urgot! I almost forgot he existed.

But he destroys Morg.
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#13 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

doesnt it have lower cd than your Q?

no.
15 sec vs 6 sec
you can potentially hit morg with Q three times and proc it twice if she reacts to the first in time (three times if shes slow)
Posted Image

#14 Juke

Juke

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

ahri.

NGR PRESTIGE

Posted Image

#15 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

don't see how ahri counters her, morg has more sustain and can block your taunts and dodge your Qs.
Posted Image

#16 Darkfollowbosser

Darkfollowbosser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Morgana easily dieing from ahri trust me. on every match i own her with ahri. just if morgana catch you with the 1 skill you are die for sure. Some morganas use ulti to catch me but cuz i have high mobility i escape from her and take the kill easy.

#17 Juke

Juke

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

don't see how ahri counters her, morg has more sustain and can block your taunts and dodge your Qs.

Ahri's ult can counter Morg's ult therefore she'll take damage and you won't take any/get stunned. The thing about morg's shield is knowing when to pop it. Use a taunt to fent her shield wait it out and then go for the combo. Her CD is way higher than Ahri's.

NGR PRESTIGE

Posted Image

#18 uzsibox

uzsibox

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

So yeah, I'm probably not the only one here who realizes the OPness of Morgana's kit... nearly every single time, the team with Morgana in it always comes out on top, due to her CC's and anti-CC. All her abilities have fairly high damage and give her sustain. She's also naturally beefy as well...

Is there anyone that can counter Morgana well? Or does the potential of her spell shield shut down that many characters? :s

In the laning phase katarina
When theres no stun Kat!

Posted Image

#19 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Oh, I forgot: I counter Morgana!

*fierce look*
Posted Image

#20 Adumbro Deus

Adumbro Deus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Honestly, morg doesn't really have much in the way of hard counters, not so much because she wins like every laning MU, but because her advantage is safety and the ability to hard push. Nobody can really kill her in lane reliably or deny her cs, so the only practical method of defining "beating" morgana is "pushing harder then her and ganking better".

Thing is, she's not dangerous at all in lane until level 6 cause binding is so easy to dodge, but soil allows her to farm even under turret and black shield is incredibly useful for surviving.

Her ult is a nice ganking tool, especially in that it can stun multiple targets, at the same time, it's got pretty limited range and even if it hits it's still breakable which limits what you can gank (especially with wards) and binding is only really useful if somebody else stuns for you or if you already have your ult go off.

I guess there are a few champs that can potentially significantly hurt her game and can mess with her ability to counterfarm and she can't really ult in response, but lemme see.

Pushes hard/ganks better:

Anivia (with blue)
Brand
Malz
Kennen probably
Veigar once he has some last hits. Actually this is sort of an ideal lane for him if you dark matter most of a wave and leave one alive for baleful strike then go gank.
Xerath (only gets slightly outpushed)
Cassio

Threatening champs (hard CC with a lower CD then her black shield, they can create kills off a significant mistake or ganks, but because she's morgana only one champ can really do it reliably). Note that pre-level 6 she has nothing to prevent you from going close, but after level 6, getting into 600 range without ccing her first doesn't work.

Leblanc (gets ridiculously outpushed though, so gonna be pretty useless)
Xerath
Brand
Malz
Talon (pushes hard enough, plus a reliable instant silence means he's probably her one actual counterpick that can reliably kill her in lane)
Fizz (possibly? playful trickster does wonders against her ult, but he has to be close enough that he can't really dodge even dark binding reliably and he needs to bully her in lane to win).
Kassadin (null sphere 2gud)
Cassio

All I can really think of at the moment, but out of them all, only kassadin, talon, xerath, Cassio and malz could really force a kill in lane without a massive mistake on her part. Talon can just stick at around 700 range and do it. Malz and kassadin can only do it if the lane is really pushed so she's forced to take a silence to her shield to get cs and then a silence while she's returning to turret. Xerath's got it relatively easy, but he needs level 3 lotus of power/level 2 with high cdr then her in order to do it safely. Cassio cause short cd poison + repeatable e when poisoned = black shield falls pretty easily so can bully from level 1 onward.

Overall, you have options against her. Yes, there's little you can do to prevent her from farming cause she's incredibly safe and only a few characters can actively kill or bully her, but there are are a fair number of characters that can outpush her and/or have stronger gank games whereas she doesn't have THAT much to offer in that department relative to her peers.

Her advantage is again, she's insanely safe in lane, she pushes hard easily, and she has an insanely good ult for teamfights. There are far better AP mids to pick, but her safety, ability to push easily, and high skill floor have made her a very popular pick.

Note: This WAS NOT intended to be an exhaustive list of champs that are superior picks to morgana. Just what I came up with off the top of my head and gave consideration to.

Send AD against her, not AP. High mobility also helps to avoid her ult. Finally, if all else fails, just keep her banned.

Not gonna work this time, she'll just push the lane too hard. Same issue leblanc has with her. MF being the exception here.

Errr, no. The problem is she's a little too bulky pre-ult. Post ult morg will just push you to your turret for the entire laning phase and you'll be useless.