17 replies to this topic

#1 BHR

BHR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hey guys,

i've googled a bit about Talon counters, but haven't really found anything "really" informative, just 1 word answers without giving explanation.

*What counters Talon top? And why?

*What counters Talon mid(or is equivalent to)? And why?

Thanks a lot in advance.

#2 Maximin

Maximin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

just about any non-squishy sustainable champions?
Posted Image

#3 Umashi

Umashi

Womanizer

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:41 AM

Ryze can harass him heavily and build armor.

Vladimir with armor runes can harass harder and sustain himself enough to avoid being bursted.

Tryndamere and Gangplank can survive his burst and out harass/sustain him.

#4 BHR

BHR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

Thanks alot Umashi, now i know which champions to spam in the free talon week :P

#5 nocturne1

nocturne1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

i dont think vlad counters talon cus vlads biggest issue is silence and talon can silence him also his q and ignite will own vlad

#6 Dolphin Trainer

Dolphin Trainer

No Cake No Life

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

Renekton as well.

1. Sustain/No resource
You can outsustain Talon in lane, and win melee trades due to your high base damage on skills. You also take no resource (mana) to harass him or heal with Cull the Meek

2. CC / Gap closer
You can get close to Talon through your slice & dice and keep him in place with ruthless predator. You can also get away with ruthless predator + slice & dice.

3. Armour/Hp
Renekton can build armour early and not fall off too hard in lane. He also has an ultimate that grants him health to withstand Talon's combo

I'll be on Skype or send me a PM if you want to find me..Very inactive on here nao
And I'm home

#7 Snapppy

Snapppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

lee sin garen are good options too

#8 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

A properly runed Malphite.

He won't really be able to do...anything to you.
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#9 Hypnox

Hypnox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

Can Pantheon counster Talon mid .. i practice Pantheon mid atm mid vs ap chars and i found it very fun to play and Pantheon mid erayl is so Stonk and beats many ap chars i think so whats about Talon i think he can counter him well but idk
Posted Image

#10 EvilASD

EvilASD

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

gp

#11 Endrance

Endrance

• Members
  • 2321 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

A more appropriate question would probably be... who doesn't counter Talon top?

Talon is basically a counterpick to certain AP champions mid. That's it. Playing him top is generally unrecommended.
Posted Image

#12 Dolphin Trainer

Dolphin Trainer

No Cake No Life

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

A more appropriate question would probably be... who doesn't counter Talon top?

Talon is basically a counterpick to certain AP champions mid. That's it. Playing him top is generally unrecommended.

That too. He loses to almost every bruiser because all bruisers can build armour

I'll be on Skype or send me a PM if you want to find me..Very inactive on here nao
And I'm home

#13 Xyltin

Xyltin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

1. survivability in form of HP, Armor and HP reg/sustain (takeyellow armor runes and armor masteries, and you will be pretty happy to lane against talon).
2. spamable spells. He can' CS early with any spell (W has a too high CD, too high mana costs and pushes hard without getting enough CS). So as long as you can gold him away from farming, i will give you an advantage (Ryze, Karthus, Cass, ...).
3. Bruisers. Nearly every bruiser can lane against Talon. They all normally have armor runes and masteries, a good base HP and base Armor and are able to build wriggles and other armor items without altering their build.

Talon is counered top by nearly every normal top lane pick. Even Kennen and Vlad can counter him.
I think there is no top lane meta pick that Talon works great against.

In the mid lane it is the other way around .Talon works against all. But normally cause nobody takes armor runes, masteries or ninja tabi.
when i play ryze mid, i start with catalyst instead of tear against champs like Talon. This allows me to spam spells and have better survivability. Ryze spams enough to take tear as 2. core item.

Another possibility is pushing and swaping. Talon is a bad pusher early. His spells have a too high CD and he has a low AA animation. Nearly every caster with an AOE ability can clear a wave faster. That allows you to swap lanes without losing too much CS. If the enemy swaps, too, talon will be top. Gank him once (he has no escape before lvl 6) and when he is dead, push again and maybe swap when he is on the way back to the lane (not too early or the will swap when he leaves base, and won't really bring an advantage in time).

Again short:
Armor/HP/sustain/HP reg (aka every top laner).

People think Talon is so strong mid cuase the play without any defense against him.
And top he needs to really outplay his enemy, but if the enemy is at least as skilled as the talon player, he will have a really hard time.

#14 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

just get armor runes. lol.

#15 SionLover

SionLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Talon sucks top.... Talon is only a good counter to squishy mid champs.
U can beat Talon with almost every good Top champ like Riven, Trynda, GP, Irelia, Lee sin and alot more... if u keep harrasing him in low lvl he cant do shit, and will be useless whole game.

Like Regi said get armor runes, i use top Red => and Essence => Attack damage, yellow => flat Armor and Blue => Magic resist per lvl.

#16 Frailbomb

Frailbomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Renekton .....

"Interior Crocodile Alligator I drive a Chevrolet movie theater"

WTF does Talon drive?

#17 Sexual Moses

Sexual Moses

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

just get armor runes. lol.

lol Regi

Posted Image

#18 Mazurati

Mazurati

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

definitely garen as well as lee sin, but i would think singed too?