Masteries:
Offensive: none

Defensive:

Hardiness x 3
Menders Faith x 1
Evasion x 4
Nimbleness x 1

Utility:
Good Hands x 1 ( GET HASTE IF YOU're going ghost walk instead of Good hands)
Perserverence x 3
Expanded Mind x 4
Awareness x 1
Meditation x 3
Utility Mastery x 2
Quickness x 3
Intelligence x 3
Presence of the Master x 1

Runes :
9 Greater Marks of Resilience
9 Greater Seals of Evasion
9 Greater Glyphs of Resilience
3 Quintessence of Fortitude

Runes:
9 Seals of Crit chance
9 Marks of Armor Pen
3 Quints of Crit DMG
5 glyph of crit chance
4 glyphs of furor

Spell Order
Level 1: Reckoning (Q)
Level 2: Divine Blessing (W)
Level 3: Reckoning (Q)
Level 4: Righteous Fury (E)
Level 5: Reckoning (Q)
Level 6: Intervention ®
Level 7: Reckoning (Q)
Level 8: Divine Blessing (W)
Level 9: Reckoning (Q)
Level 10: Divine Blessing (W)
Level 11: Intervention ®
Level 12: Divine Blessing (W)
Level 13: Divine Blessing (W)
Level 14: Righteous Fury (E)
Level 15: Righteous Fury (E)
Level 16: Intervention ®
Level 17: Righteous Fury (E)
Level 18: Righteous Fury (E)

Reckoning: This is one of Kayle's best abilities to damage and kill an enemy champion. If you're soloing, then spam this skill on the opposing champion, but make sure to save enough mana for a gank. When playing Kayle, you always want above 200 mana, because she is able to cast two Reckoning by the time an enemy is able to run back to their tower.

Divine Blessing: Many Kayle players for that this skill increases movement speed and only use it as a heal, however this ability is great to use for ganks. Usually you would want to use this skill on the champion that does the most damage per second to the enemy champion. Not only is this skill good offensively, but very good defensively. Always look out for low health point champions to Divine Blessing, this will increase their survivalbility exponentialy.

Righteous Fury: This skill is mainly used to kill an enemy champion, not to farm. It is better to just last hit creeps instead of using Righteous Fury to AoE creeps and farm faster. Righeteous Fury can be used to Neutral while you're low health point and about to heal though. Usually you would want to Reckoning an opponent before casting Righteous Fury. A good method is ; Nuke the enemy with Reckoning, click forward and hit them with Righteous Fury and click forward and hit them, then nuke them again with Reckoning.

Intervention: This is a high-level skill. You must be able to Intervention your teammate at the correct point in a team battle. Usually you would want to ult the teammate that is being focused when she/he is very low. The downside is that if you ult too late, your teammate will die. This ultimate is usually used on the carry hero, however using it on the hero that is focused is fine aswell. I usually ult my teammates around 10-15%. Interventioning a teammate that low will cause the enemies to be thrown off. They must be very organized to switch targets and retarget the low hp hero.

Items at level 1:
Sapphire Crystal
2 Health Potions

Work towards a catalyst protector.

Movement: Depending on their team comp, you would most likely want to either go Mobility Boots or Mercury Treads. If they many casters and disables then get a Mercury Treads, if not get Mobility Boots. Mobility boots help you gank easily and chase down enemies. If you're not much of a ganker then buy a Berserker's Greaves.

ANOTHER NEW BUILD!!!!!
Runes:
9 Seals of Crit chance
9 Marks of Armor Pen
3 Quints of Crit DMG
5 glyph of crit chance
4 glyphs of furor

UBER CARRY BUILDDD
Catalyst

Boots == > Ninja tabi against Physical DPS, Mercury against magic!!

Mejai's Soul Stealer ( try to stack charges play safe

Nashors Tooth

Catalyst---> Banshhes

Lichbane's

Infinities Edge

NEW SUPPORT BUILD ( BEST)

Catalyst
Mejai's SoulStealer
Mercury Treads
Starks Fervor
Catalyst ----> Banshee's
LichBanes
Infinities Edge

Support Build/ Damage:
Catalyst the Protector
Mercury Treads
Starks Fervor
Infinity's Edge
Turn Catalyst to Banshee's Veil
Guardian's Angel

Ancient Golem: Make sure to always get this buff, it is very good for Kayle in team fights. She is a character that must spam her abilities. Not only that, but with the golem buff, it reduces her ultimate to 50 seconds.

#2 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:12 AM

updated

#3 Nanners

Nanners

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:35 AM

Reginald I used your new support build and I'm in love with Kayle now. Thanks!

Posted Image

This guy in action. Us vs another premade who started talking shit. Yi and I basically wiped their whole team, I got 20 mejais stacks before half the game was over. They went dragon and our tf clairvoyanced and we ganked killing 4 of them.

Great game. Best game I've had in a LONG time.

Reginald I love you.

Posted Image

#4 yallayalla

yallayalla

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

i just registered to say you how awesome the new support build is.
im a relativly new player (level 11) and i now tried some games with this build, went pretty good.
i dont get as much kills as with other heroes or the damage build, but you can help your team so much.
last game 1/0/20 , what more can i say...
i sometimes have problems raking up the money in the beginng, but i think this is because im new and i dont know how to effectifly last hit as melee.
thanks for sharing that build.

Reginald, I love you too.
Posted Image

#5 tearsthatblind

tearsthatblind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:34 AM

Some questions from a pretty green player guys. After playing to level 23 and keeping a pretty even record, I began playing the support build in this thread. It's amazing how consistent it is. I started toying around a bit, as I very rarely got to a point where I would buy Banshee's Veil, and began getting Haunting Guise as my first item. The magic pen seems to have gotten me ALOT of kills from huge Q bombs. Which got me to thinking, what is the viability of going a mastery build along the lines of 9/9/12? I've not seen it done, and am wondering why.. I know the bottom of the utility tree is nice, but is there not alot to be said for a static 15 magic pen?

#6 Muckbeast

Muckbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

Can Righteous Fury crit, lifesteal, and deliver on-hit effects?

#7 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

yes it can also , i have a new updated build GUYS ITS SOO GOOD!!!

#8 PirateKing

PirateKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:19 AM

This guide is awesome. I went on a 15 game win streak using the support build.

Some games I find atma's impaler to be a good item. You have pretty high HP so at a minimum it'll add 50 damage and makes you even more tanky, because a lot of games I am lacking armor.
I also get Aegis if my team doesn't have one and I am farming well.

New build looks sweet but I don't have the runes for it :/

#9 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

This works well for me...
Marks - whatever you want.
Seals - Hp/Level.
Glyphs - AP/Level
Quints - 1.5% Move Speed x3.

Masteries
Offensive - 0
Defensive - 3/3 Resistance, 3/3 Spirit of Strength, 3/3 Hardiness
Untility - 1/3 Good Hands, 3/3 Perserverance, 4/4 Expanded Mind, 3/3 Meditation, 2/2 Utility Master, 1/1 Insight, 3/3 Quickness, 3/3 Intelligence, 1/1 Presence of the Master.

Summoner Abilities:
Clarity
Flash

Starting Items: Sapphire Crystal, HP pot, Mana Pot.
Item Build - Catalyst, Normal Boots, Nashors Tooth, Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi, Starks, Then whatever fits depending on carries/income.

#10 Benoit

Benoit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

Do you need to be solo mid for this build to be effective?

It's my first melee champion (my main are Annie and Ashe), so I prefer to get a side lane.

Do you have a livestream of Kayle POV on a sidelane?
Posted Image

#11 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

no.... do you want me to make one??/

#12 PirateKing

PirateKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

I'd watch for sure.

#13 Benoit

Benoit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

It would be nice :)
Posted Image

#14 1ncin3rat0r-

1ncin3rat0r-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

So i'm atually the top creep killer with almost every hero, in almost every game. Except kayle. I suck at farming with kayle. I somehow cannot manage to last hit and keep heroes away at the same time. I gank like a god but last hits? I just finished a game where I had 80 creep kills in 40 minutes...

also, after 20 games with kayle in a row, I still can't get a hang of last hitting most creeps in my lane. :(

#15 Zenryo

Zenryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Heya; first of all: love the guide.

I follow your skill build almost exactly each game, and usually go for the following items:

Catalyst - Boots of Mobility (unless the team is magic/disable heavy - mercury), Mejai's Soulstealer, Nashors Tooth and then depending on the enemy team and game duration any of the last three choices remaining of your 'uber carry build' (lichbane, infinity or banshee)

So far so good, however I opt for a slightly different mastery build, 9/0/21 (I'm a big fan of cd reduction, and the utility tree offers a lot of... utility :P)

Also I'm not sure about the rune setup. I was thinking more along the lines of 9 glyphs of cd reduction @lvl 18, 3 quints of fortitude (early health boost ftw), marks of magic penetration, and seals of mana regeneration (static, not lvl 18).

What is your take on this? For me this allows me to stay in the lane longer, enables me to have 40% cd reduction after Nashors (slightly over it even @lvl 18 but who cares heh).

Ofcourse, there's not many games where I've actually reached the stadium of Lichbane + Infinity Edge, so for me stacking crit dmg, crit chance etc is of little use since I tend to focus more on the AP for massive reckonings and decent heals, with a bubble on a lightning fast cd

Thanks for the guide tho, it has brought me great joy (and my enemies great grief)

and yes, creeping sucks... Even tho I played a very decent Kayle in a random group (we lost), I got scolded that I suck because I only had 33 creep kills (game didn't last very long), and to top it off, it was an Alistar with 27 creep kills saying this, with a morgana who was in my lane backing him up (she soaked all the creeps with her AoE)... Damn bastards :P

#16 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Well, i switch between the builds pretty often and found out that the offensive runes are better for me. when i play kayle, i am usually the one soloing middle. At first players were unease to get give me solomid, however after watching me play... people began to notice how great kayle is. The only hard thing about kayle is last hitting. Her attack animation is very different from other champions.

The most important thing while playing kayle is to stack charges for mejais.

#17 Entengummi

Entengummi

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

a video! the crowd screams for a video!
Posted Image
Entengummitiger@EU

#18 1ncin3rat0r-

1ncin3rat0r-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

Well, i switch between the builds pretty often and found out that the offensive runes are better for me. when i play kayle, i am usually the one soloing middle. At first players were unease to get give me solomid, however after watching me play... people began to notice how great kayle is. The only hard thing about kayle is last hitting. Her attack animation is very different from other champions.

The most important thing while playing kayle is to stack charges for mejais.

Snowball gogogogo!

#19 Entengummi

Entengummi

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

btw why armor glyphs and not, like, magic resist glyphs? the latter give almost twice the bonus
Posted Image
Entengummitiger@EU

#20 PirateKing

PirateKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

I think because the tanking items you get on kayle give MR (merc treads and banshees)?