28 replies to this topic

#1 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

REGARDING OWN3D AND XSPLIT:
If you want to use Own3d.tv to stream instead, register to http://www.own3d.tv, download xsplit http://www.xsplit.co...?referrer=own3d, and read this to set up xsplit http://www.own3d.tv/...19/#help_xsplit

For LiveStream.com:
To download ProCaster: http://www.livestream.com/procaster
Follow steps and install and create a LiveStream account

To set it up:

Quality->Custom
Preferences:
[LIVESTREAM]
-> Live: Yes
-> If you want to save the games: Everything except iPhoneStream->Yes

[VIDEO] *these settings are to optimize quality of the picture while making sure your internet can handle it*
-> Encoder: On2 VP6
-> Output: 800x___ or 1024x___ or 1200x___ (i left it blank because the ___ depends whether you're 4:3 or 16:9 resolution, by choosing the resolution it will provide you with the number) This setting is the most important one. The resolution you choose has to be as close as possible to your ingame resolution. The closer it is, the better the quality. The more it differs, the worse the quality gets. Ex: your game resolution is 1200x___ and your output 1200x___ then you will have almost perfect quality. It is not recommended you set the output to more than 1200x___ because Livestream will lag you out every 5 seconds due to bandwidth. You will probably have to reduce your ingame resolution (say you normally play 1600x___ then reduce it to like 1200x___), your eyes will ajust to the new resolution after a few days. 1200x___ in game with 800x___ output makes decent quality.
-> Aspect: 4:3 or 16:9 or 1.35:1 (to achieve other ratios you uncheck the "Lock Ratio" option. this is required if you want to have 800x592 because if you go 800x600 you will have a bar on the bottom of the screen which makes it ugly)
-> Target frame rate: 15 (don't worry, it won't be choppy)
-> Target bitrate: 300 (it will end up being around 500-600. if you had set this to 500 then it would end up being 700-800 which would choke the bandwidth and disconnect you every 5 seconds)
-> Keyframe intervals: 2

[AUDIO]
-> Settings->Volume: 100%
-> Everything else leave as default. Channel has to be mono

[DESKTOP]
-> Doesn't matter that much, just leave everything at default

[GAME]
-> Text color/Position: doesn't matter, put whatever you want
-> Show: uncheck everything

[HOTKEYS]
-> Leave at default

-------------------------------------------------------

To stream your desktop choose SCREEN as the SOURCE. Once game starts stop the stream (SHIFT+ESC), go to ProCaster, choose GAME as the SOURCE, go back to the game, press CTRL+F1 to start streaming. If you do not switch to GAME mode then the stream will flicker.
Possible issues:
1) Black screen when you tab back in: happens on Windows XP. Just do ALT+ENTER to switch to windowed mode, then do ALT+ENTER again to go back to fullscreen, it should be fixed
2) CTRL+F1 does not do anything when you tab back to your game: if you do not see on the top left corner in green CTRL+F1 (assuming you have default settings) then you need to exit ProCaster completly by right clicking the ProCaster icon at the bottom right corner of your Windows Taskbar and clicking "Exit", then reopen ProCaster it will fix the problem

Hope this guide was helpful to anyone who wanted to stream.

#2 Yamatogoto

Yamatogoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

Thank you sir! :D
Posted Image

#3 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

+1

#4 Lemons

Lemons

Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

+1

You should probably include that when they ban, they should report it.

#5 Horohoro

Horohoro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

+1

Now i know why quality is so bad when i stream

1920 x 1080 :/
Posted Image

#6 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

fyi wetdreamz and savion i moved your posts to http://www.solomid.n...r-eu-streamers/

#7 I hylianhero I

I hylianhero I

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

THank you very much! This has helped immensely!
See you on the tubes!
Posted Image

#8 ChiChu

ChiChu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

I noticed you gave resolutions for streaming, now, If you ever looking for more US streamers (I know your not right now, and probably won't be in the near future, but its more of a hypothetical question) Would you allow a resolution of 1000 x 576 (You can see an example on my stream http://livestream.com/logstream ) Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't tell if your resolutions were examples or mandatory.

Thanks for the answer

#9 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

I noticed you gave resolutions for streaming, now, If you ever looking for more US streamers (I know your not right now, and probably won't be in the near future, but its more of a hypothetical question) Would you allow a resolution of 1000 x 576 (You can see an example on my stream http://livestream.com/logstream ) Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't tell if your resolutions were examples or mandatory.

Thanks for the answer

yeah that would be fine. as long as it looks good that's all i care about really

#10 ChiChu

ChiChu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

yeah that would be fine. as long as it looks good that's all i care about really

Ok, thanks for the reply, I'm about to test streaming at 720p (1280x720) to see if my internet can handle it.

Anyways, thanks.

#11 AriiSha

AriiSha

Cutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:14 AM

oo :o It's nice that u put up these rules , essp with a lot of the stream jacking, and no consequences lol, kinda sucks about the "only lol topics" cos sc2 wc3, youtubes can be fun sometimes. but I guess it really should only be league of legends. as that's what it's meant for, and we kinda all get side tracked lol.

oh well, this should help lots, gls w/ streams <3
Posted Image

#12 Irenicuz

Irenicuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

what are the graphic settings you use ingame when you stream?
I can't get the stream to start, although i managed to get it working when i played dragonage and dawn of war.

I searched the support forums a bit, and some people suggested that ingame settings can affect that, so i am asking about it.

and before you ask, i tried restarting procaster several times, but it didnt help

edit: nevermind, i tried running procaster as admin, and it works now

#13 Avion95

Avion95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

ign avion95 here i am AvIoN95...u may know meh...im here active...good player (i think) my elo fell recently cuz i was inactive but most of ppl here know me so i hope i wont get bad comments...i hope ill get in ...thanks for ur patience ;)

#14 gostoppable

gostoppable

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:02 AM

Sweet guide messiah, It works alot better for me then xfire was. Although, its still a bit too laggy for me. Here are my specs.

3.0ghz Pentium Dual Core
4 gigs of DDR2
Nvidia Gefore 9800gt
Windows XP
Resolution: 1680 x 1050

#15 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:40 AM

Sweet guide messiah, It works alot better for me then xfire was. Although, its still a bit too laggy for me. Here are my specs.

3.0ghz Pentium Dual Core
4 gigs of DDR2
Nvidia Gefore 9800gt
Windows XP
Resolution: 1680 x 1050

no clue bro sorry, try asking on livestream.com forums

#16 gostoppable

gostoppable

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

no clue bro sorry, try asking on livestream.com forums

Turns out my video card drivers were out of date :P

#17 groso

groso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

hi guys , nice guide , i have now 40+fps while streaming but i still have some lags .
i mean my champ is not moving smoothly..
with this fps it should be ok but its laggy .
any solution ?

#18 chrisis

chrisis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

What is the point of streaming a game when there is no spectator mode available?

#19 UnOfficial

UnOfficial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

So other people can watch it on livestream, thats the whole point of streaming

cuz theres no spectator mode

#20 Alacrity

Alacrity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Anyone know approx upload speed you need to achieve decent quality?
Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.