Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

+1 for awesomeness :)

#24 Toykolulu

Toykolulu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Aww thanks guys! Oddone was slouching a bit, but I do believe he is probably about 5'4-5'5''. I was actually super nervous to record them meeting with fans haha.

Posted Image

#25 tortillagirl

tortillagirl

BOSS

• Members
  • 2183 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Looks like it was lots of fun. Now to wait patiently for a tournament in the UK :>
Tortillagirl - Wins 37 - Losses 23 - Platinum Division V
Tortillagi - Wins 128 - Losses 116 - Platinum Division V
BagelBar - Wins 69 - Losses 49 - Gold Division I

#26 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Very nice pictures.

My fav picture is the one I've titled "Booze and Bros"
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#27 Pingmeep

Pingmeep

SoloMid Tournaments / News

• Moderators
  • 1410 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

+1 Great pics and nice write up too.

#28 Slater Von Jäger

Slater Von Jäger

Überlegen

• Moderators
  • 5685 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

For those that have never been to an event like IPL, you guys should definitely go. It's really fun and exciting! Luckily IPL wasn't to expensive as the tickets were $25. I can't wait to go to another event.

If you think that was awesome, Try attending(or even competing in) EVO. its nucking futs at EVO. all these live tournament type events are awesome, even if you don't play the games.

8PhvsYv.gif

If you plan to write a guide, I suggest you first click the link below and read the Information contained within:
http://www.solomid.n...uide/view/35596

#29 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

If you think that was awesome, Try attending(or even competing in) EVO. its nucking futs at EVO. all these live tournament type events are awesome, even if you don't play the games.

I wouldn't go to EVO as a girl. Lots of creepy pervs there, that will want to smell your panties. The fighting-game community is a cesspool, in my opinion.
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#30 bakdafucup

bakdafucup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

great pics! Cute pic with Chaox, he is laying his head on you. awwww. lol

#31 Support

Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Xpecial! I'm jealous of that one.

Did you watch any matches, or just spend all your time searching for TSM members? :lol:

Team 5 v 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alistar | Janna | Kayle | Nunu | Sona | Soraka | Taric
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Exclusively Support

#32 resinator

resinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

i will make you true ramen and give you foot massages as you solo q, will you marry me

#33 JacobiMethod

JacobiMethod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

nice! thanks for sharing! wish I went even more now xD
more ppl should upload their pics! and TSM themselves should too!

#34 Azlar

Azlar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I wouldn't go to EVO as a girl. Lots of creepy pervs there, that will want to smell your panties. The fighting-game community is a cesspool, in my opinion.

EVO is actually girl friendly. There was even a side tourny of SSF4 with just girls. The FG community is also much better than LoL community. Way less trolls. Also EVO has Kayo Police.

#35 Pingmeep

Pingmeep

• Moderators
  • 1410 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

EVO is actually girl friendly.

Not my sisters experience in 2010.
She went to cheer Brett in TvC:UAS. In the space of ten minutes, got groped, told she looked like someones mom and propositioned.
She couldn't make it for last year.
But will probably go this year if she's in Ceasar's during July. That said the FGC gets a ton of crap.

#36 Slater Von Jäger

Slater Von Jäger

Überlegen

• Moderators
  • 5685 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

EVO is actually girl friendly. There was even a side tourny of SSF4 with just girls. The FG community is also much better than LoL community. Way less trolls. Also EVO has Kayo Police.

EVO is alot of fun, and is usually pretty mild mannered, save for the In person ragers(those are ALWAYS funny). The serious Fighting game community doesn't treat women badly really, mainly because so many of them are to busy trying get into StarSlayer's pants (seriously, whoever said she was hot should get punched in the face. Shes nasty looking and is a sore loser online. REALLY sore loser).

As for police, I've never seen any around save for outside the venues the few times I went to compete. Of course EVO was in Japan last year I believe, so they might have done it differently there.

8PhvsYv.gif

If you plan to write a guide, I suggest you first click the link below and read the Information contained within:

#37 Toykolulu

Toykolulu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Xpecial! I'm jealous of that one.

Did you watch any matches, or just spend all your time searching for TSM members? :lol:

Oh I spent majority of my time watching the matches :) Only during the breaks did I spot them taking pictures with fans which is when I approached.

I have never been to EVO but it seems interesting.

Posted Image

#38 Tetsuo

Tetsuo

↓↘→ Hadouken!

• Members
  • 2717 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

As for police, I've never seen any around save for outside the venues the few times I went to compete. Of course EVO was in Japan last year I believe, so they might have done it differently there.

Lol, he meant "kayo police", a transgender fighting game player :D

But seriously, a female can't enjoy a fighting-game tournament without getting hit on by a bunch of creepy guys who want to molest you. When a big name in the fighting game community says something like this:

“The sexual harassment is part of the culture. If you remove that from the fighting game community, it’s not the fighting game community… it doesn’t make sense to have that attitude. These things have been established for years,

then you know how fucking retarded the community is. I know that the moba-community is hailed as the worst place to be on the internet, but that's mostly just the ragekids that feel brave behind their keyboard. At live events, the professionals, for the most part, are very well mannered. The same can't be said for fighting games. The players are infatuated with the ghetto/gangster culture and you have tons of white people trying to act black, it's hilarious! Well, except for when you are a girl.
Posted Image
If you are looking for a place to discuss all gaming-matters in a civil tone with awesome people...well, why not join us than at the Omnigamers Forum?

#39 Slater Von Jäger

Slater Von Jäger

Überlegen

• Moderators
  • 5685 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

then you know how fucking retarded the community is. I know that the moba-community is hailed as the worst place to be on the internet, but that's mostly just the ragekids that feel brave behind their keyboard. At live events, the professionals, for the most part, are very well mannered. The same can't be said for fighting games. The players are infatuated with the ghetto/gangster culture and you have tons of white people trying to act black, it's hilarious! Well, except for when you are a girl.

the moba community is NOWHERE near the worst, lol. the worst is XboxLive. the most offensive players in the moba community cannot compare to the average Live user. Thank god i never spent money on a failbox.

8PhvsYv.gif

#40 Pingmeep

Pingmeep

• Moderators
  • 1410 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Agreed in spades. Other problems the FGC have are people are cheap and don't want to pay to get in. They feel those gate costs should be borne by the players competing. Buying stuff is for losers. etc.

Still the quote you used shook up the FGC and hopefully will lead to improvements.