• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tricky0910

Tricky0910

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

Seen Kat rape me in normal games and such, curious about item builds and runes/mastery setup if anyone would care to share their build or a build they saw or whatever.

#2 logiebear

logiebear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

i don't play kat but im pretty sure you can build her to your playstyle. you can go AP, AD, or i've even seen a few tank kats. you can look up which moves scale with ad and which scale with ap to figure out which way you would like to build
Posted Image

#3 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

Attack damage:
Sorc boots, Bloodthirster, Blood Thirster, Frozen Mallet,

Magic: Sorc Boots, Rylai's Scepter, Void Staff, Zhonyas.

#4 deciett

deciett

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

Seen Kat rape me in normal games and such, curious about item builds and runes/mastery setup if anyone would care to share their build or a build they saw or whatever.

For masteries I go:

Offense, 9 points.
Archmage's Savvy 3/3 (Can take deadliness if you prefer, doesn't matter)
Cripple
Sorcery 4/4
Archaic Knowledge

Defense, 9 points.
Resistance 3/3
Hardiness 1/3
Evasion 4/4
Nimbleness

Utility, 10 points.
Perseverance 3/3
Spatial Accuracy
Awareness 4/4
Utility Master 2/2

There are two points for you to throw wherever you want.

For runes, MPen reds, dodge yellows, mres/lvl blues (should be CDR% but haven't bought them yet), flat HP quints (could use Mpen here if you pref, i like the level 1 hp boost).

Item build is also really easy. Doran shield + Health pot -> Sorc boots -> Haunting Guise -> 3x BF sword -> 3x BT. If game lasts past this, Sell doran and buy rylai.
I would rather hate myself for failing
Than hate my life for never having tried.

#5 HughMyronbrough

HughMyronbrough

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:49 AM

Generally speaking, AD is the favored build because it has more power: BB hits hard, DL does a bit more damage in a late game situation. But AP has more HP due to Rylai's, slows on her spells, Zhonya's for a bit more survivability, and easier access to MPen items like Haunting Guise, Void Staff, and Abyssal Scepter. AP is the more consistent build, but AD has the potential to achieve more.

As for builds, Reginald knows what he's doing, just follow what he said. It's probably best to start with a Doran's Shield no matter what build you choose.

#6 Garona

Garona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

A kinda of Hybrid build could also be viable, same masteries and runes a deciett, rushing for Rylais and getting BF's and BT's, I prefer to buy an IE myself too, while there is no accaull reason, but I do it :P.

But yes the normal build would be

Dorans/Boots > Sorcerer's > Guise > BF > Phage > BF > BT > BT > FM
Posted Image
Ride the lightning baby!

#7 Jon

Jon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

Its very situational how you should build, I mostly go AD, getting 2 bf swords and a guise, sorc boots. If the team has a lot of burst and my team doesnt have enough support to keep me up I go GA after those items, then upgraded to bloodthirsters

AP is ok for taking out carrys like ashe out QUICK if you catch an opening, I had one AP kat shunpo and ulti insta killing a full ashe that tryed ghosting away but was dead by the time he started running. Other then that I haven't seen AP do better then AD.

#8 yallayalla

yallayalla

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

btw health pots are kats best friend
Posted Image