Olaf Jungle Build

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Natu Utan

Natu Utan

• Members
  • 1098 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

I know there are some topics already, but here I just strictly want people to post the best Olaf jungle build.

As detailed as possible and what to do. I just got him because I hear he's an awesome jungle, and I love the jungle.
"Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my Chains are broken.
The Force shall set you free.."
Posted Image

#2 IxI Disciple IxI

IxI Disciple IxI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

I'm not a great jungler typically but I have played Olaf as a jungler and this is what I do. I take ghost and smite and buy the fort pot and all health pots. Depending on the other teams comp I will either fight in the understood bottom gank or just go straight to a neutral buff. I take his W skill first and go for the smaller neutrals first. When lvl 2 hits I take his E. Then you can take the Lizard solo with ur smite and w-E combos, I run cooldown glyphs and quints and take ALL the cooldown masteries from offensive and utility so my cooldowns are pretty quick even at lvl 1 of each skill. I take 1 lvl of Q for run ins with enemies to slow them. But from then on I lvl W and E in alternation an Q last. I bounce from minion camp to minion camp and occasionally jump out to a lane for a gank. But Olafs passive with his W keeps him alive during jungling. As far as items go I buy berserkers boots and frozen mallet then start stacking AS/AD items depending on the other team. Olaf is a beast carry especially with a lvl advantage and using Q to slow escaping enemies... over and over. This might not be as detailed as u wanted but it cant be done the same way every single time. There will be some differences. Have Fun!

#3 Blehme

Blehme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

Here are the Jungle starting items i have started with, and what i liked the best. This was with 0 runs / masteries:

Dorans Blade + 1 Healing Pot - Didnt care for this one.

HP Elix + 5 HP pots - This worked great. It kept me jungling easily until lvl 6.

I wanted to try Dorans Shield, as i could see this also be incredibly helpful, but didnt have time last night.

TBH, I push zerker boots first after getting the elixer. I also tried pushing phage first, but it wasnt as efficient.

I think the best build, would be:

Elixer + 5 pots

TP For Boots + Vamp Sceptre

TP for Phage + Pushing starks

Im going to be testing alot more with these, but so far this seems like the best setup, at least for without runes. I havent tried any setups with runes yet.
Posted Image

#4 GiGoLoW

GiGoLoW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

i found a guide with a detailed order and some way how to start jungling with him

Leaguecraft Guide Link

you need to scroll down to point 10.
Posted Image

#5 Daesik

Daesik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

Just a quick question - why do people rush Golem first? It's far more efficient to start at Wraiths, as you get more XP and gold this way. Golem spawns around 20s later than the other creeps (I think that's correct), and killing Wraiths and the dudes near Golem takes under a minute and you start Golem at around lvl 2.25 - you can start with Smite on Wraiths and have it come off CD (with mastery) during the Golem fight - on a fast attempt I killed the Golem a few seconds before Smite came off CD.

#6 genocidio

genocidio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

I stil dont get it why do people waste money on that fort pot. With your passive, w skill and wamp scepter u can get good results. I have been rushing starks first. And i can say that it saves a lot of gold. For runes i go armor pen marks, dodge seals and flat CD glyphs.

#7 Blehme

Blehme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

For runes i go armor pen marks, dodge seals and flat CD glyphs.

Because I was trying to offer recommedations for people WITHOUT runes. Not everyone has a full rune page setup yet =) Vamp Sceptre isnt very helpful with 0 runes and 0 mastery points.
Posted Image

#8 niNjaballa

niNjaballa

Haxed's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

Everyone thinks that a vamp scepter is the best way to go, but I disagree entirely. See, with you W on you already get some life steal, plus, with the build I do you can just pop a health pot and make your way merrily. So what I do, is I grab a cloth armor and 5 hp pots, because Olaf jungles with such low hp anyway. When you start out just go to blue buff cause its so eays to take anyway, and with the cloth armor obviously you take reduced damage. So you take it incredibly fast, and with 4 more health pots to go, you can have a nice long well farmed jungle. So the build i go is simple really. I grab a cloth armor, turn it into Wriggles Lantern for the lifesteal and the damage is always nice. Then, after a few ganks which are easy with olaf's slow and ability to never be stunned or slowed, I grab the recipe to a frozen mallet, some people say its useless but I think that is ridiculous, its a built in slow, with a ton of health and more damage. Then you can basically go what you want, if youre against magic damage, grab a banshee's veil and a Ga, but no matter what you get, GET HEALTH WITH YOUR ITEMS. the reason this is so important is because you want to grab an atma's impaler as your last item for that last real heavy damage. And, as some of you may not know, his W skill procs with your overall health. So lets put this all together real fast. Attack speed? -> Alot with a maxed out W. Damage? ->Alot with an atmas and all those damage items. And last but not least, health? -> ridiculously tanky. GG boys.
Posted Image

#9 thecrashlander

thecrashlander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

I feel like late game at least, olaf is incredibly reliant on his true damage to do maximum damage and to get maximum output on this ability, you need to be staying alive in fights longer which all in all, Olaf isn't very good at doing. So obviously, you're going to want to build semi beefy right? Try getting a randuin's omen on him sometime. The slow is ridiculous and if you have exhaust and undertow nothing will be getting away from you. Frozen mallet still seems viable in my eyes and even Atma's impaler for the armor and crit when coupled with a warmogs. I usually go cloth and 5 pots like the normal jungler goes but I haven't played olaf in a week or something soo