Today, Solomid.net will be announcing our first European Tournament. It will be the first of many tournaments that we will be hosting. From now until the end of the year, we want to commit over $100,000 in Tournament Prizes and Money. The first tournament for our circuit will be an 8 teams invite only tournament on May 12th and 13th. Moving forwards, we will be expecting to host a tournament every 2 weeks and expand that to the NA servers as well. We have a lot planned and are excited to give more details as the timing gets right.
Here are the Format, Rules, and Prizing for the first tournament. Check back here as we update you with more details like streams and brackets.
Tournament Brackets - I completely randomized the bracket because this is our first tournament. There will be no seeding.
- 1st - 1000 Euro
- 2nd- 400 Euro
- 3rd- 100 Euro
Date & Time
- Weekend of May 12th & 13th
- Playtime Time at 12 PM London Time (GMT +1) or 4AM PST
- 8 Team Invited Tournament: CLG.eu, aAa, TSM, MYM, Na'Vi, Sypher, Western Wolves, and Absolute Legends
- B03, Double Elimination.
- Day 1 - Teams plays R8, R4, R2, Lr8 Lr4. Will be casting R8, R4, R2. Minimum of 6 matches and maximum of 9 matches.
- Day 2 - Teams plays Lr2, and Championship Finals (minimum of 4 Matches and Maximum of 9)
- All Teams with have a minimum of 1 players from Each Team in a Skype Chat to arrange matches. There will also be 1 Tournament Administrator at all times.
- The first match is scheduled to start at 12PM GMT+1 or 4AM PST. Players need to be in the game lobby by 11:55am GMT+1 (5 minutes before match time.
- Players have 10 minutes grace period to start the first match before penalty is assessed (either loss of a match or reduction in prize money) (12:10 PM GMT+1).
- After the first match, all players are expected to be on standby in Skype and ready for the next match.
- Matches will Proceed continuously (back2back) with a 10 minutes grace time between matches.
- Tournament official reserves the right to delay the match more than 10 minutes if circumstances calls for it.
- The higher seeded team has choice of sides.
- There will be a mystery competition. If players want to participate, they need to submit replays of the game to firstname.lastname@example.org and label it with the round and teams.