25 replies to this topic

#1 The Black Guy

The Black Guy

That Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

Anyone know why pro LoL teams dont play chansp like Sejuani, or fiora, i mean ive only watched a couple but i never see people picking some of these champs that are decent. Is it because the champs cant help up late or early game? Or is it just that the players dont know how to play them well
That face though, haha
Posted Image

#2 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

It's because they're weaker than their counterparts in high elo play.

Sejuani is just a big pile of "meh".
Fiora gets shut down hard by good teams.

At tournament level play, games are largely won on team comps and champion selections as the skill gap isn't huge. Therefore, picking anything but the best champions is a huge mistake
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#3 tortillagirl

tortillagirl

BOSS

• Members
  • 2182 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

Sejuani is just outclassed by other tanks.

Fiora is like Yi, in that if she gets focussed down she dies. If shes left to kill people then she'll penta people. Pro teams wont let a fiora do that so isnt realy that viable.
Tortillagirl - Wins 37 - Losses 23 - Platinum Division V
Tortillagi - Wins 128 - Losses 116 - Platinum Division V
BagelBar - Wins 69 - Losses 49 - Gold Division I

#4 The Black Guy

The Black Guy

That Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

It's because they're weaker than their counterparts in high elo play.

Sejuani is just a big pile of "meh".
Fiora gets shut down hard by good teams.

At tournament level play, games are largely won on team comps and champion selections as the skill gap isn't huge. Therefore, picking anything but the best champions is a huge mistake

Ooohh, ok that makes sense
That face though, haha
Posted Image

#5 Saturos

Saturos

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

Why do you keep making such an excessive amount of threads...?
Are you just after post count or something?

You quote ENTIRE posts just to say "ok" or "win" or "lol" and it's pure spam.

You even answered your own goddamn question...

i never see people picking some of these champs that are decent

Why would you settle for decent when you know there's better...?

#6 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

He'll never be the next Ginko... NEVER!!!!
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#7 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Active Posts:
126 (22.64 per day)

T_T
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#8 KelberotZ

KelberotZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

This thread is now about posts per day:
Active Posts: 117 (0.32 per day)
Posted Image

#9 Saturos

Saturos

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

This thread is now about posts per day:
Active Posts: 117 (0.32 per day)

Y u no include 118th?
Btdubs you joined site 365 days before me :3

#10 ThaKeeper

ThaKeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

123 (1.95 per day)

:(

Jungling: This, tied with support, is probably the hardest role to learn, since you (apparently) is the person to make sure someone wins their lane (god forbid they do it themeselves by outplaying their opponent and stop playing chuck norris). You shall jungle to keep up in farm, counter jungle so their jungler can´t keep up in farm, gank for above stated reason, counter gank for aboe stated reason, make dragon plays, smite-steal their buffs, 1v5 their entire team and come out on top, your the teams tanksupportadapcarrytoplanerpusherbruiserwarderomglolwtfbbqjesuschrist, you are the MAN! you are THE TERMINATOR! you are a GOD!....

Seriously thou, every time I jungle this is what happens, I´m expected to do he-he-hevrything as well as mantain a houshold and cook for my husband, the jungler is the teams bitch, and they will have you know it, sure as the pope shit in the woods.

Posted Image

My TIGER Udyr Jungle Guide!

My Stream!

#11 The Black Guy

The Black Guy

That Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

You even answered your own goddamn question...
Why would you settle for decent when you know there's better...?

Please, atleast this time lets try to keep it on topic, if theres a problem then PM me or something, thats wasent needed. Thx though. Guess ._.

Yea but we see people play corki when theres better chanps like vayne, or caitlyn to play, idk if thats because of strategy or because the othe team already picked a vayne or cait already.
That face though, haha
Posted Image

#12 Morandus

Morandus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yea but we see people play corki when theres better chanps like vayne, or caitlyn to play

25 (0.09 per day)....

........ I honestly do not know where you are going here. Caitlyn and Vayne are typically not thought of as top teir carries they have distinct weaknesses that make them less desireable. AD carry's job late game is to carry the game by doing alot of dmg so lets take a look at cait/vayne

Cait - Strong langer, long range BUT weak scaling, one of the worst dmg late game as a carry.
Vayne - Extremely strong late game, stealth, tumble to repos, stun if near wall BUT extremely weak early specially to bursty ads (graves/kog/corki ect) needs lots of farm, slow moving, VERY SHORT RANGE. If you are in range as vayne to dps, you are in range of gap closers/ccs/burst mages ect.

Not saying you can't play them but they have very strong drawbacks and typically are not seen in tournament play. Only person i see playing vayne nowadays is Doublelift.

Corki - One of the highest bursts, long range poke, armor shred, true damage, escape/chase tool, Q grants vision for stealthed champs ect. Corki is a really solid AD still, went out of favor when they took away blind form his Q i believe a while back but he's still strong. Not sure if he's been buffed since then, i think vision came in after blind was removed.

#13 The Black Guy

The Black Guy

That Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Im going to try to put the post im responding to in a spoiler box, that way it saves space on the pages.
Spoiler

now that you mentioned it, it actually totally changed my thought process now, thanks this is a good explination, i was thinking of buying vayne or cait when i got 6300 IP but i might buy graves or Kog instead.
That face though, haha
Posted Image

#14 Chainer9999

Chainer9999

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yea but we see people play corki when theres better chanps like vayne, or caitlyn to play, idk if thats because of strategy or because the othe team already picked a vayne or cait already.

I laughed. Thanks.

Vayne suffers horribly against a Corki in lane, and Corki's AOE-armor shred and damage is off the charts. Plus, you have a better escape tool. Vayne's better the later the game gets, but a competent Corki can absolutely demolish Vayne in lane.

Caitlyn's great in lane because of range and denying capabilities; however, she has no steroid, which impacts DPS quite a bit later on. If Cait doesn't deny the other AD, Cait is so much weaker it's not even funny.

#15 The Black Guy

The Black Guy

That Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

I laughed. Thanks.

Posted Image

yea guys thanks, totally makes sense now, i actually bought corki, i have no idea how to build him yet, i gotta go through all those freakin guides and find a good one.... unless anyone has any good suggestions. my first ranged AD champ other than Ashe and Tristana.
That face though, haha
Posted Image

#16 throatslasher

throatslasher

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Please, atleast this time lets try to keep it on topic, if theres a problem then PM me or something, thats wasent needed. Thx though. Guess ._.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. People don't play fiora etc because they suck compared to tons of other champs. Um, corki sucks? Yeah, you're retarded. SICK level early-mid game raw burst, possibly the best passive of any ADC, a free built in flash, sick poke...list goes on and on

If you think corki is on the lower end of ADC's and fiora is towards the top of junglers/tops, you should probably uninstall
Posted Image
-- malz guide http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=27712 -- thumbs up please.

#17 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. People don't play fiora etc because they suck compared to tons of other champs. Um, corki sucks? Yeah, you're retarded. SICK level early-mid game raw burst, possibly the best passive of any ADC, a free built in flash, sick poke...list goes on and on

If you think corki is on the lower end of ADC's and fiora is towards the top of junglers/tops, you should probably uninstall

Now I don't mind a little trolling but c'mon now, at least be nice about it.
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#18 throatslasher

throatslasher

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

start boots 3, but if you're with soraka, then start dorans blade
early game build: zerks, dorans, dorans, vamp scepter (if with soraka, skip vamp)
mid game build: zerks, dorans, dorans, vamp, IE
late game build: zerks, vamp, IE, PD, (if needed: last whisper, guardian angel, cleanse sash, bloodthirster)
Game usually winding down when i finish those items, zerk vamp IE PD. If you're on a streak or getting focused, get GA. They have armor, get last whisper, if they have suppression / cc get cleanse, if you need to stand and trade/sustain, get BT. BT gives your E sick damage.

skill order: q>w>q>e>q>r>q>e>q>e>r
Posted Image
-- malz guide http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=27712 -- thumbs up please.

#19 H3r0

H3r0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

Aside from some champions being outclassed by others... To bring out a certain champion to a big LAN tournament requires a certain amount of practice beforehand. For example, you can't expect Reginald to pick Gragas in a tournament when he hasn't really been practising him that much beforehand - no matter how good he was before with Gragas.

#20 Rosuto

Rosuto

THE RICE FARMER

• Members
  • 1647 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Dan Dinh used to play Sejuani a lot in competitive games. Nobody tells Dan how to play.

Sejuani certainly has merits, she's often compared to Amumu where she is outclassed; however she is arguably one of the most mobile junglers in the game and has an incredibly annoying skill set. While Fiora on the other hand doesn't really bring anything to the team but damage.

Signature is from April 2012. I'm too lazy to fix. Favorite teams is now TSM, AHQ, SGS, WE, TPS

Want your guide approved?
Posted Image

If you ever get mauled by a bear with chainsaw arms,
I hope he stays away from your face. . .
Because I think you're cute.