5 replies to this topic

#1 Udunson

Udunson

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Now, as most of you know, a new game-type called "All Random, All Mid" Is a game-type consisting of just that, you get random players, and you all go mid. There is no recalling, no jungeling, no sidelaning, and no going into bushes. To buy new items, you have to die.

I have played a few ARAM games, and for the most part, I find them enjoyable. But, I recommend playing with 9 other friends, rather than finding a game in the practice lobby. You'll find people in there who rage over a practice game, and don't follow the rules.

That being said, many champions shine in ARAM, one of those champions is Soraka. In ARAM, healers in general, seem to shine. With no option to recall soraka fits the situation with her heals and mana. Along with soraka, other healers like Janna, Kayle, Taric, Vlad(heals himself)also do great. With that being said, healers aren't the only champions or things that shine greatly in ARAM. Characters with great harassing abilities also work very well. Champions such as Janna, Nidalee, Morgana, EZ, and a few others will take the enemy team down to half health without taking a hit.

Since ARAM is a whole different game-type, summoner skills will also be a lot different. I like to run Heal and Clarity to support my team as much as I can, taking both the heal and clarity mastery. Almost any other summoner spell is viable, but those 2 are my favorite.

Again, ARAM is a lot different than normal 5s games. It's best to get some mana and other lane stability items. As a first item, if I have a champion that uses mana, I get the Mana Manipulator to help my mana regen, along with the rest of the teams mana regen. After that, Chalice of Harmony seems to be a great item, and, if you're AP, Tear Of The Goddess, and eventually built into Archangels Staff also works great. Items like Doran's Shield and Doran's Ring aren't too bad either. A lot of it's about preference. If possible, try to get someone on your team to get an aura item like innervating locket, starks fevor, Will Of the Ancients, Soul Shroud, Frozen Heart, and others.

Just remember, don't take it seriously, and have fun.

Thanks for reading,
-Udunson

#2 RisingL

RisingL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

i like.

Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it, or drown, your choice.

#3 Nanners

Nanners

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

i like.

its important to have like at least 2 people get mana manipulators for ARAM. Also aegis of the legion is needed ASAP.

Starks is situation but can be just as important.

Posted Image

#4 Udunson

Udunson

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:39 AM

Bump.

#5 OoThomioO

OoThomioO

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

If you host ARAMs alot, start keeping a banlist...Add to banlist if they leave during champ select, leave the game, or keep disobeying rules. I was actually going to see who hosts them regularly so we can keep a banlist active and assure we don't get deadbeats in the games.
LoL: oothomioo, eglthomi
WoW: Chronology/Chronologia, Korgath:Horde
BLC: OxThomixO
DCUO: Thomi, Cry for Blood: Villian
Steam: oothomioo

If you see an OoThomioO in any game...chances are its me. Say hi and lmk you're from Solomid.net!

#6 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

banlist: eric13
i had a custom rule "messiah gets first blood" and eric13 ks'd me. BANNED