13 replies to this topic

#1 muffunz

muffunz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

So I've taken to playing Akali in just about every game, ranked or normal, because I carry hard 9/10 times. Even lanes that are impossible pre 6 I completely dominate once I get my ult. It's just too easy to bully people out of lane with the constant harass.

So my question is, who are some hard counters I should look out for? The only one I've found my myself is Kennen.
Posted Image

#2 CynicalEffect

CynicalEffect

Reretired

• Members
  • 2504 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

lee singah
This is not the signature you are looking for.

#3 prodanbg

prodanbg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Pink ward.

#4 Sexual Moses

Sexual Moses

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members
  • 1144 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

lee singah

fucken this

Posted Image

#5 Itsjustkelcii

Itsjustkelcii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

In my experience, Leblanc, Kassadin, Zilean, Morgana, and Diana are all strong picks against Akali mid
SN: Itsjustkelcii
[YDMC] Young Dashing Men's Club - Support
"Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!"

#6 Xelus Shnider

Xelus Shnider

Resident Heratic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Anything that can reveal stealth, in short, Lee Singed, the blind chemist.

#7 pagansaint

pagansaint

Go Home Posts, You're Drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Riven can just bunny hop around without needing to see you, stunning and damaging you.
Lee Sin was almost intentionally designed to counter Akali.
Fiora can be a bitch if she brings pink wards or an oracles.
Singed is... Singed. Zero fucks given.

#8 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Lee Sin is the only name you need to know.
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#9 Pheqes

Pheqes

www.twitch.tv/Pheqes

• Moderators
  • 2482 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've also taken to Akali and have been enjoying her quite a bit. One of the things I used to do against Akali's would be to pink ward. It's easy and shuts a lot of her game down. A stupid easy way to counter that is to just grab a pink ward yourself and pink ward them back when they're out of lane. It's easy and keeps you ahead. No body ever did that against me for some reason, and it only took one opponent to pink ward against me to figure it out.

As far as counters -
Lee Sin the fun thing about Lee Sin is that His E can reveal you! Huehuehuheue... Sooo you need to outplay him. Bait his E (it's pretty easy). Cast your stealth bubble, go into it. What most Lee Sins do is go over to "E" you. What your crazy self will do is just harass. Go to the edge of the bubble, he'll walk up, throw your Q, and leave. The main problem is that He can just heal up with his "W" lifesteal, which He'll probably max first. So you need to make a choice and either focus on strictly farming or harass until 6, which is where you can more easily burst Him down if He hasn't built up tanky. Wriggles is a must on Sin, so He'll have that to his arsenal. If you can't get a kill before then, farm farm farm, as He won't pose much of a problem to you so long as you out play him. Of course, don't cast your bubble in the open because no only will He be able to "E" you, but before that, he'll "Q" into your stealth and if he hits you, you're in trouble. Another thing He might do is use a wriggles ward (or even a pink... watch out and counter) and throw it into your bubble, immediately "W" over to it, and quickly "E". You won't have time to get away. Just get a feel and out play him. Lee is a good counter to Akali, but He won't completely shut you down unless you let him. That's from my experience anyway.
Riven with her Hoppity flops
Sion with his "I don't give one shit because I have an AOE exploding bubble" - Just from playing Sion so much, if you try to burst his shield, He'll just stun you and explode it anyway. Besides, anyone who plays Sion decently won't give you the chance to pop it and will explode it right when it's time to go... Then your stealth is gone and he'll stun you and walk away for good measure. He's a dick face (that's me!)
Fiddlesticks doesn't give a shit if you're stealth or not, he'll drain your ass. And if you rush him, he'll put the fear in you and throw a bird at you 'cause it's funny... Then walk away and drain something else, as you all may know and idle fiddle is just a scarecrow.
Jayce with his lazor ball of annoyance.
Yorick enjoys exploding you with zombies.
Kennen is KIND OF a counter pick, but just dodge skill shots like normal and you'll be fine. If you're worried about his ultimate, then use your ult to dash out if you can. Or use your stealth alongside a bush and just sort of outsmart him with superior pathing skillz. He's not too bad once you get use to him.
Katarina will spin to win more than Garen.
Garen The bad part about this turd is that he can spin to win on you, but once you show yourself he can silence and ult you... And He can sustain against your burst most of the time.
Darius can still twirl like a douche bag and make you bleed.
Singed can still derp around with a poison on and flip you if you decide to derp out of your comfy bubble. Whats fun is he'll throw his slowing ooze goo in your circle just for the lulz. That way if he decides to invade your privacy bubble (no means no!) you can't move to fast after you ult him. FLIP
EDIT: Vladamir Just played Him vs. Akali and He kicked My ass. I couldn't get close without being hit with a Q or E. And any burst I did was replenished by Q. Just a heads up.

Those are the few that come to mind. And a couple of them are fine so long as you play smart. In fact, I'd say people that counter you aren't the ones that can invade your circle and still do damage, but rather the ones that you're able to jump on but NOT burst down. Singed, for instance, can do both after a few levels and items. That's why I don't consider Kennen an actual counter pick.

The main reason Fiddles is still a decent counter is because His fear is 3 seconds and combining that with a silence, you're not going to retaliate too well. He's the prime example of being squishy, but still your problem. People like Riven, Singed, and Yorick all pose a big problem in that they can either Shield, lifesteal, or just take your burst like a boss and still hurt you after you've exhausted your arsenal. Watch out for them.

I'll mention this once more for emphasis: If you see they get a pink ward, then pink ward them back and take that thing out. As Akali, anyone can be an annoyance if you let them be with their pink wards. Counter ward, and you keep the edge.

Ranked 5s and You! - By Pheqes

Twitch Status: Offline
Activity: None

#10 RagingRabbit

RagingRabbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Try playing versus Garen.

#11 Mai&Goku4Ever!

Mai&Goku4Ever!

Not a Member

• Members
  • 1699 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

You should be asking who Akali counters,she is a very situational pick but to anwser your question your worst counters is the color pink(you can buy a pink ward aswell so you destroy the one from your enemy)Lee Sin is a counter to Akali(e reveals her)Kayle,Jayce and a lot more.

Lee Sin the fun thing about Lee Sin is that His E can reveal you! Huehuehuheue... Sooo you need to outplay him. Bait his E (it's pretty easy). Cast your stealth bubble, go into it. What most Lee Sins do is go over to "E" you. What your crazy self will do is just harass. Go to the edge of the bubble, he'll walk up, throw your Q, and leave. The main problem is that He can just heal up with his "W" lifesteal, which He'll probably max first. So you need to make a choice and either focus on strictly farming or harass until 6, which is where you can more easily burst Him down if He hasn't built up tanky. Wriggles is a must on Sin, so He'll have that to his arsenal. If you can't get a kill before then, farm farm farm, as He won't pose much of a problem to you so long as you out play him. Of course, don't cast your bubble in the open because no only will He be able to "E" you, but before that, he'll "Q" into your stealth and if he hits you, you're in trouble. Another thing He might do is use a wriggles ward (or even a pink... watch out and counter) and throw it into your bubble, immediately "W" over to it, and quickly "E". You won't have time to get away. Just get a feel and out play him. Lee is a good counter to Akali, but He won't completely shut you down unless you let him. That's from my experience anyway.

Wriggles is not a must on lane Sin,against AP i'd get a hexdrinker before Wriggles and by that time i'll probably have a bt already.

#12 Pheqes

Pheqes

www.twitch.tv/Pheqes

• Moderators
  • 2482 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

You should be asking who Akali counters,she is a very situational pick but to anwser your question your worst counters is the color pink(you can buy a pink ward aswell so you destroy the one from your enemy)Lee Sin is a counter to Akali(e reveals her)Kayle,Jayce and a lot more.

Wriggles is not a must on lane Sin,against AP i'd get a hexdrinker before Wriggles and by that time i'll probably have a bt already.

The only reason I feel Wriggles is a must is for escapes and ganks. With a wriggles He can wall jump easy and dash through minons... Of course all you need is roughly 3 wards or so and you'll get the same effect... I don't know. I always figured Wriggles was just more convenient for everything on Lee.

#13 Mai&Goku4Ever!

Mai&Goku4Ever!

Not a Member

• Members
  • 1699 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

The only reason I feel Wriggles is a must is for escapes and ganks. With a wriggles He can wall jump easy and dash through minons... Of course all you need is roughly 3 wards or so and you'll get the same effect... I don't know. I always figured Wriggles was just more convenient for everything on Lee.

It is very convenient on Lee,but it wont be that useful against an ap laner and even if i get a wriggles i sell it later so i can get a bt(life steal OP)
and you dont need anything but 2/3 wards when you dont have wriggles if.So overall a hexdrinnker is much more useful against ap on my opinion.

#14 Pheqes

Pheqes

www.twitch.tv/Pheqes

• Moderators
  • 2482 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

It is very convenient on Lee,but it wont be that useful against an ap laner and even if i get a wriggles i sell it later so i can get a bt(life steal OP)
and you dont need anything but 2/3 wards when you dont have wriggles if.So overall a hexdrinnker is much more useful against ap on my opinion.

To be fair, Akali does mixed damage. It's mostly AP, though, so point taken.