• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hoog

Hoog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

This is my 1st ever guide and I'm trying to contribute something to help populate the guides!

Feel free to bash, critic, or theory

Disclaimer:
Warning, what you are about to read may lead to insanely high crits. When using, use with caution. Increase in opponent QQ may occur. If you experience any sympathy please contact your doctor. Tryndamere is not for the feint of hear. Large crits can cause excitement. If you see any symptons of drooling on your keyboard, this is normal. Use disgretion on noobs when 3 shotting them. Expect responses such as "Tryn glitch?" or an annie says "Tryn=op lolscrub." Viewer discretion is advised.

Table of Contents

I. Mastery
II. Runes
III. Item Build
Iv. Laning/Harassing
V. Team Fights

I. Mastery

Offense(21) Defense(9) Utility (0)
3/3 Deadliness 3/3 Hardness
1/3 Archmage Savy 3/3 Resistance
4/4 Alactricity 3/4 Evasion
2/4 Sorcery
3/3 Sunder
3/3 Brute
3/3 Lethality
1/1 Imp Rally
1/1 Havoc

New changes, dropped utility for more defense.

II. Runes

Crit damage. I have been surviving very well even without any health rune.

I do not go crit chance because the way my ingame build is. You will see further down in this guide.

III. Items

1) Doran's shield - 1st item is total preference imo. I use it so I can lane long even with harassment in my lane I'm able to stay and xp/money/counter very well.
2) Avarice blade x 3 - I go with 3. My reasoning was reasured today when facing a trynd in my very lane. He went lifesteal, 2 avarice, and infinity edge. By the time I had infinity edge he still did not have BF sword. Maybe he sucked but with the 3 blades comes large crit.
3) Beserker Greaves- I get my boots after the 1st avarice blade and finish them after the second.
4) Infinity edge- BF sword 1st - At this time you will be critting for around 5-600. You are also critting on almost every swing.
5) IF ITS NOT OVER YOUR FAILING. However for those times you do get shut down by a superior oppenent and make it to super late game I would suggest a bloodthirster/frozen mallet. You need the extra health when everyone is that buff. The bloodthirster is obtainable by about level 18 or a few minutes into being 18. The only problem i have with this item is the creep killing late game to get buffed. You are mostly just team fighting. A black cleaver may be apropriate, I will be testing my next game that goes end game.(18+mins)

Summoner Spells:

Cleanse- Self explanatory. Tryn is great at living and with the cleanse buff he is even better. I use cleanse to chase or to escape.

Rally- Great for team fights early and late game. Helps push your lane or defend if your stuck with a counter.

Exhaust- Exhaust for early game. I would spec into exhaust and drop the 1/3 in the 1st part for imp. exhaust.

Ghost- Can also be good for escaping or chasing.

Abilities:

1)Q
2)W
3)Q
4)W
5)E
6)R
7)Q
8)W

Finish Q , W, R 1st. Finish out spinning blade.

IV. Laning

When laning I tend to play passive aggresive. As tryn its VERY easy to make your opponent think your weaker than you are. For instance if your at 50% with cleanse, and rally up you can pretty much handle anyone and if all else fails escape very easily. As tryn you have little excuse for dying. Cleanse+spin to escape heavy CC. 2 seconds of immune give you a good 10 yd gap. Unless the other team is fed or has an ashe you can probably escape. You still have your ulti up as well(over level 6).

Early Game(1-6): Always try to last hit creeps. It stacks bloodlust and gives gold. If the enemy is mele I always swing on them and run back to the 3 caster creeps. If you are w/ a partner and they chase it usually leads to their death. Your lane partner can help damage/cc. Your 250 crits hurt really bad early. This is the part of my game that makes me feel I play passive/agresive.

To harrass, I grab a couple stacks of bloodlust and spin my opponent. I go for 1 hit hoping for a crit and then go back to my creeps. <--- this is early game harrassment before you get W ability at 5.

Mid game(7-13) I spin the opponent and on crit your W skill is used. If you crit it more than likely hit for about 300ish. 300+blade is about half a level 7's health. Now 2 more crits and its gonna be close. 2 crits are an easy thing to get with tryn.

Late game(14+): Put on your crit pants cause i just shit myself

After building infinities edge you become a crit machine. Critting around 5-600 plus more once you get going. By this time it will be all team fighting which will flow into my next section...

V. Team Fights

In team fights your top priorty is pulling down your pants and taking a giant shit on their glass cannons. Common targets: Ashe, annie, twitch, and squishy high dps/burst characters. I am usually 2nd or 3rd one in. Never 1st, you will be wasted damage. I tend to go in 3rd mostly; in which i will spin to casters/squishys and then proceed to smash their tiny heads with my giant sword. Once your high crits have burried the casters to the ground the tanks usually start to panic and gtfouta there. Tryn is a very good chaser, W skill while there backs turned and here comes more crit. Remember folks, tryn has 6 seconds of invuln. With this build you have around 2k hp. WHICH IS VERY LOW. Be careful, you are there for damage.

Please see attached for pudding proof.

Contact me ingame add hoog to friends. I premade all day.

Premade v Premade
This game was over before 25. I completed infinities edge, we pushed mid and it ended.
The 5 kills early lead me to a quick infinities edge and 4 kills on the final push.

Posted Image

#2 cokey

cokey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

Cool guyde ;)

#3 LemonWarlord

LemonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:37 AM

Decent guide, but I have some comments.

Very clean guide and like the style of it.

But your Masteries make no sense.
Especially considering your summoner spells.

And I'd structure it offense, then utility, since mixing the two doesn't make sense.

Anyways the major complaint I have is your lack of Improved Rally considering you use Improved Rally as one of your skills.

Your Utility is also messed up, and I think the 9 would be better used in Defense Tree.

As for the amount of Avarice Blades, I think it should always be dependent on the game and should have a limit on when to stop (i.e none after the 10th/15th minute etc.) because it takes time for the Avarice Blades to profit long term.

Then for building your Infinity Edge, I think it just makes more sense to build your Cloak of Agility for more Crit Chance since it can never hurt.

And for your 5), consider attack speed items, in particular, Starks Fervor and Last Whisper. Last Whisper is great against armor stackers and Starks is just great overall. I'm pretty sure Attack Speed gives you greater DPS than just pure damage would in the long term.

Then for your skill build, I have to say E isn't as useful as your rank it. It isn't how you massively deal damage while increasing the slow on your Mocking Shout will definitely let you get in more auto attacks, which deal the majority of your damage.

#4 Hoog

Hoog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

Decent guide, but I have some comments.

Very clean guide and like the style of it.

But your Masteries make no sense.
Especially considering your summoner spells.

And I'd structure it offense, then utility, since mixing the two doesn't make sense.

Anyways the major complaint I have is your lack of Improved Rally considering you use Improved Rally as one of your skills.

Your Utility is also messed up, and I think the 9 would be better used in Defense Tree.

As for the amount of Avarice Blades, I think it should always be dependent on the game and should have a limit on when to stop (i.e none after the 10th/15th minute etc.) because it takes time for the Avarice Blades to profit long term.

Then for building your Infinity Edge, I think it just makes more sense to build your Cloak of Agility for more Crit Chance since it can never hurt.

And for your 5), consider attack speed items, in particular, Starks Fervor and Last Whisper. Last Whisper is great against armor stackers and Starks is just great overall. I'm pretty sure Attack Speed gives you greater DPS than just pure damage would in the long term.

Then for your skill build, I have to say E isn't as useful as your rank it. It isn't how you massively deal damage while increasing the slow on your Mocking Shout will definitely let you get in more auto attacks, which deal the majority of your damage.

Thanks for the feed back, can you show me what masteries you would choose?

#5 LemonWarlord

LemonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

I'd probably Mastery similar.
Except instead of Sorcery, I'd go into the Minion killing one and the Improved Rally mastery.

Then use the rest of the 9 into defense, in particular magic resist and the dodge stuff.

#6 DanDinh

DanDinh

Super Duper

• Moderators
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

For your Utility Tree you cannot get greed and utility master with only 9 points left in the tree. With out the bug you have to advance one more tier 1 utility spells to advance. Other than that your mastery skill tree is very good.

For summoners spell, I feel that if you prefer getting rally with is a team spell, I would have swapped out 1 sorcery to put in Improved rally. Cleanse is definitely a must have. I would not too quickly discount ghost or heal either.

For your first three level, I would rather suggest getting mocking shout instead of leveling up level 2 spinning blades.

#7 Hoog

Hoog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:04 AM

guide has been updated with a few changes.

#8 DanDinh

DanDinh

Super Duper

• Moderators
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

guide has been updated with a few changes.

why not, finish off to nimbleness? The only reason I go down the defense tree in the first place is to get nimbleness. Otherwise ultility for exp is much better.

#9 Nanners

Nanners

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

I know first item is total preference, but as tryn I usually go Brawlers Gloves + HP Pot.

Can anyone see anything wrong with this? :c

Posted Image

#10 CupRamen

CupRamen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

Is Zeal stacking practical? I found that if I can only get 1 or 2 Avarices early on, Zeal is pretty good too. All of the stats on it are really good for Trynd... increasing crit increases your crit obviously, but increasing attack and movement speed means you crit more often too. My only issue with Zeal is that it's not really something you want to sell later and it doesn't really build into anything incredibly useful (PD too expensive TF is wasted on Trynd).
Summoner Name: JunkRamen

#11 Partizan

Partizan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:43 AM

I know first item is total preference, but as tryn I usually go Brawlers Gloves + HP Pot.

Can anyone see anything wrong with this? :c

If your running a premade doran's shield is considered a lvl 1 team fight item.
What you're doing is fine if your doing solo que's.
"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men"
- Partizan

#12 1ncin3rat0r-

1ncin3rat0r-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

Is Zeal stacking practical? I found that if I can only get 1 or 2 Avarices early on, Zeal is pretty good too. All of the stats on it are really good for Trynd... increasing crit increases your crit obviously, but increasing attack and movement speed means you crit more often too. My only issue with Zeal is that it's not really something you want to sell later and it doesn't really build into anything incredibly useful (PD too expensive TF is wasted on Trynd).

Actually, I get PD for tryn if I solo mid, and get avarice blades if I lane vs 2. PD isnt that bad to make if you solo and take the creeps on the side with ur spin (I also level spin if soloing)

#13 PureAsianSkillz

PureAsianSkillz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

This guide was helpful. Once I got to 100% crit chance and I did like 200 damage and I attack 1.3 times per second, nobody could stop me. Even one time when i was losing, and my teammates were standing at the spawn pool, I ran in (our nexus was getting destroyed) and i killed a Jax in a 1v5 battle (mostly because of endless rage) but JAX in ONE v FIVE. This guide deserves a +9001.

#14 Accapelo

Accapelo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

You guys should try going Boots of Swiftness, 2 Phantom Dancers then Infinity Edge. GG

P.S. And you will run fast as ****!

#15 Takawa

Takawa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

I just finished a game a few moments ago,

Items:
2 Bloodthirster
2 Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Boots of Swiftness

Runes:
+24% attack speed
+7.7 AP

Masteries:
27/0/0

SS:
Ignite
Rally

360,000 damage dealt, I was doing 1200+ crits

My entire team was dead, save for me, and the other team had all five, they go to rush the mid turret+inhibitor, and I use E, warping into the center of them, and they are all dead within 10 seconds :P

15/11/10

I died a lot, because my stupid R wouldn't activate by the time I was dead, but that's just an excuse. :P Still raped them XD

I F***************************** LOVE TYRNDAMERE
Posted Image

#16 Mothalova

Mothalova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Merc Threads > Zerker Greaves. Otherwise good guide.