• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 That1GuyPlayingLoL

That1GuyPlayingLoL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm starting to feel that Statikk Shiv will be the new PD of S3.

I'd still maybe get PD for late game if I need that extra mobility, but offensive-wise I feel Statikk Shiv brings more to the table than PD now.

What do you think?
Posted Image

#2 Dominus Ensis

Dominus Ensis

Swiggity swag, what's in the bag?

• Guides Moderator
  • 3433 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Only reason I see to get it is the building out of avarice blade part.
The guide is still being constructed. If you really want to see an incomplete Renekton guide, feel free to click the image.

NOTE: RUNES AND MASTERIES UNDERGOING A MAJOR REFORMAT (also I have to reupload the images because photobucket sucks)

Posted Image

Thanks to Foo18 for the image.

#3 That1GuyPlayingLoL

That1GuyPlayingLoL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Only reason I see to get it is the building out of avarice blade part.

Compare to Phantom Dancer combined with IE, and Statikk Shiv with IE.

In teamfights you hit like a truck as single target damage. With Statikk Shiv, you're hitting like a truck to multiple targets as AoE since the sparks proc Crit DMG.
Posted Image

#4 Sexual Moses

Sexual Moses

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

With IE sparks are hitting for 250. AA are hitting for about 450 and up depending on champ. PD is better

Posted Image

#5 Rilaero

Rilaero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

The Statikk Shiv is interesting, but I believe a Phantom Dancer is still better due to it providing more attack speed and critical chance. These two stats are the main reason why it was purchased in the first place.

#6 That1GuyPlayingLoL

That1GuyPlayingLoL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

With IE sparks are hitting for 250. AA are hitting for about 450 and up depending on champ. PD is better

I'm pretty sure the crit sparks are from the AA dmg.
Posted Image

#7 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well lets look at these items.

Statikk Shiv
Spoiler

Phantom Dancer
Spoiler

Now we have to also take into account Avarice Blade generating gold during the build up. This allows you to get to those higher power items a little bit faster (assuming the same exact farm). Not to mention the passives are huge. Statikk Shiv can potentially add hundreds to your DPS in team fights while Phantom Dancer's passive only aliviates poor positioning. Also the Statikk Shivv can bounce beyond the range of your Auto Attacks which has the potential to land killing blows on runners. Now I know the object of the game isn't to kill champions but a dead champion takes longer to come back then a recalled one. Also in the course of a normal team fight you'll get 3-4 procs from the Statikk Shiv passive.

Statikk Shiv
+ Cheaper
+ Builds from GP10
+ Bad ass high dps passive
+ Slightly higher move speed
- Lower Attack Speed
- Lower Critical Chance

Phantom Dancer
+ Higher Critical Chance
+ Higher Attack Speed
+ No unit collision
- More expensive
- Is harder to build due to no passive gold generation during build up.
- Slightly lower move speed

All things considered I would take the Statikk Shiv over Phantom Dancer.

I'm pretty sure the crit sparks are from the AA dmg.

I'm 100% certain they crit individually.
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#8 Rilaero

Rilaero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Also depends on which item you grab first. I don't think I would buy Statikk Shiv if I was going Bloodthirster simply because you aren't getting enough critical strike chance, Infinity Edge it seems to be a toss up.

Critical strike chance is an AD carry's main stat up to a certain point. Grabbing an Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer will put you at 55% which puts it above 50%. Being able to crit a lot is important because that's how you shred tanks and squishy's alike and critting now also procs Frenzy (Tier 5 offensive mastery) which gives you a 10% attack speed boost.

#9 Regory

Regory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Proc scales with crit but still doesn't scale with lifesteal or armor pen, which incidentally get better as you have more AD / Crit / AS. ;[ I don't see myself buying Shiv except maybe on Kog/Vayne, who don't really need Last Whisper and thus would otherwise buy two PD. PD Shiv > PD PD.

Otherwise it's typically IE / PD / BT (BORK) / LW, then boots and defensive item. There's no real room for deviation there, unless you think you can get enough sustain with an ally Zeke's + Lifesteal quints or don't need a defensive item at all. Hurricane-based builds probably don't even want crit, although a little might be worthwhile for the focus target and the multi-hits might proc Shiv faster too?
tanking turrents with my warmong's and shooting them down with my mandred's bloodrazor

#10 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

You get the charges on Shiv when you attack not when you hit. So unless it's bugged or poorly worded I can't see Hurricane making it go any faster.
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#11 Deemez

Deemez

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

PD still better.

Posted Image

#12 Mai&Goku4Ever!

Mai&Goku4Ever!

Not a Member

• Members
  • 1699 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

PD still better.

Your opinion is invalid/worthless if you dont give any argument.

#13 RainDevour

RainDevour

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

IMO, I still don't find myself using Statikk Shiv at the moment, PD grants more single target DPS which is extremely important, but Statikk rewards you for constant stutter step. I would never buy Statikk when I rush Bloodthirster first because the critical strikes are lacking and a lot of the damage comes from those those critical lightning procs and critical strikes themselves, I mean the only reason you'd buy it is because of that passive because -10% attack speed & critical strike can definite be a detriment compared to Phantom Dancer.

I also don't find myself doing as much damage as compared to Bloodthirster + PD because of less critical strikes. I have yet to rush Infinity Edge + Statikk. I must admit though, being able to build an item for an AD carry off a GP10 is very convenient and essentially makes the item cheaper.

#14 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

I noticed Statikk Shiv lets me duel other adc much easier. How? The shock part, it scares the shit out of the opposing adc because their brains only tell him OMG HIGH DMG when it's just a high burst damage. A lot of times I see enemy adc backing off and dying while they could have killed me if they faced me head on. Fucking with the mind.

Statikk Shiv is a lot stronger in laning aswell allowing for much stronger trades, I rush Shiv on long range adc such as Tristana and Kog'Maw, it works great.
Posted Image