13 replies to this topic

#1 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I know that there are a lot of topics like this one, but i am hardly focusing of improving myself, so i dont care what was posted over there (someone might found this usefull).
-The first thing is that i dont think i am better than 1200 elo, (im stuck on it.. peak 1300, now 1100), There are games where i can do like 200cs 22min... and games where im doing 50cs 15min.
So the 1st thing is Farm, how to improve it (Tried custom alot, but playing custom is a lot different than playing normal games)

-Second thing is overall playstyle. What mechanisms should i learn? i mean like roaming,baiting,positioning (thats what im calling mechanisms)
I can be 20/0 cho but i cant use the "snowball" to carry the team.

-Normal/Ranked ..? What should i play if i want to focus on improving myself?

-Im always joining ranked with a feeling like: Oh okay, ill try it now, maybe i will get pros in team and maybe i wont fail.
And when i have the feeling like, Now ill carry this shiz... Im maybe getting those kills but im mostly outfarmed ... 50cs 10min, or Im getting the farm and 0 kills.
And when im getting both i cant "use" it. As i said.

-Last question, whats the right meaning of Glass Cannon?

Thats it, thank to everyone who will try to help me,
Cinnamon<
Becca,Kireiautumn,Me,Xpeke = <3

Posted Image
Euw: Adam Dinh

#2 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

To improve yourself play normal draftpick or ranked. (draftpick is prefered because you won't lose elo while learning)

Glasscannon means a very large cannon made out of glass which makes it shoot really hard but easy to break.
Glasscannon build is a full damage build, every item you take is there to increase your damage to the maximum. Glasscanon is typically build on ad carries and burst/mana using mages (Veigar, Leblanc etc)

Couple of gameplay tips:

Pressing S will stop your autoattack animation, this comes in handy when you launch an attack too soon and will miss a last hit because of that. It allows you to better time the attack.

Warding, always buy atleast one ward each back unless you are the ad carry. 75 gold will make you lane a LOT safer and will ultimately allow you to get that 75 gold back easily because you can be more daring when taking cs. It will also prevent the enemy from ganking you and gaining 300 gold from killing you. Overall a good investment I'd say.

Smartcasting, make sure you master this on your main champions for ranked, it helps a ton once you learn it properly.

Don't play with locked screan, you will have very limited map awareness. Watch the map whenever you have the opportunity, I glance at it naturally but if you have trouble with that try making a deal with yourself, every two lasthits you will look at the minimap, or something like that.
Posted Image

#3 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Oh thank you, i meant something difficult. Im playing with smartcast and nonlocked screen for like one year. But thanks tho ;)
Looking for more help.

Posted Image

#4 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

You're getting 50 cs by 15 minutes and have been playing for over a year?

Do you have lag causing bad last hitting?
Is your mouse comfortable/ not glitchy?
Have you tried pressing A+left click target to last hit?
Have you tried using attack damage runes?
Is your FPS 60 or higher? If not, lower graphics. fps below 40 will seriously influence your gameplay. Also consider upgrading your pc.
Posted Image

#5 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I said that i have 200cs 22 min, sometimes 50cs 15 min.. But average cs rate is like 100cs 18min.. and thats bad.
Im having new pc with 60+ fps, I have Steelseries mousepad and razer mouse. Not glitchy at all.
Shift+Alt.. Nope i didnt. Def. gonna try out. can you tell me for what it is good for? im not able to try it out now

Posted Image

#6 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I said that i have 200cs 22 min, sometimes 50cs 15 min.. But average cs rate is like 100cs 18min.. and thats bad.
Im having new pc with 60+ fps, I have Steelseries mousepad and razer mouse. Not glitchy at all.
Shift+A.. Nope i didnt. Def. gonna try out. can you tell me for what it is good for? im not able to try it out now

Posted Image

#7 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

With a+click you are able to click creeps with more precision, you get a nice little crosshair. When clicked in empty space you will attack the creep closest to you. (i never said shift or alt, donno where you got that from lol)

Your csing seems very inconsistent which means you probably have a hard time csing in certain situations, what situations are most troublesome for you? If I know that I'll be able to give you more specific tips.
Posted Image

#8 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Oh so i tried to change keybindindings. It bugged so i jsut reseted default setting and cant use a spell or click on this lil guy selling items.
Why?.
Btw i dont really know wheres problem. in custom im able to lasthit like evry single minion. In game im not. (are you play\ing on west? so i can show you in custom)
EDIT: It works now, just needed to restart the game.

And i still dont understand the A+ Left click thing. For what it is exactly good.

Posted Image

#9 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

You probably have a hard time csing in certain situations, what situations are most troublesome for you? If I know that I'll be able to give you more specific tips.
Posted Image

#10 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

As i said, i dont know...
when im having the kills i mostly have low farm... and when i focus on cs i still mostly end up on low cs rate. idk why
+ How is the a+click good for Csing?

Posted Image

#11 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

A+click makes targeting easier, I don't use it often myself though. Lots of people use it, it's just preference.

Anyways I can't help you with the little information you're providing. How often do you play a league of legends match a day?
Posted Image

#12 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Average time : Mon-Fri : 14:00-21:00, its like 6 hours.
Im havingg exams now so i wont play as much as i normally do.
At weekends if i dont go out or something i have like a whole day. (normally 10:00-24:00..) So im mostly on computer.

Im playing for like 1,5year.. I dont know what am i doing bad while i cant farm.
I can give you Replay or smth.

Posted Image

#13 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Add my Eu west smurf: Valkasha, I'll support you and tell you what you can improve if you'll let me.
Posted Image

#14 Retro Cinnâmon

Retro Cinnâmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I added you, you can look up my masteries,runes,history..whatever but try to dont blame me or something (i know ya wont) and help me instead.
Lets start with that i am an bad - average player.
Btw: I can have highest farm in game (1200+- elo) but its still only like 100cs 18-20min. Which is not really good.
In early game i am farming well. but than, i think im recalling in bad time or .. i dunno.
At the start of the game i can las hit like every minion in 2-3 waves. Then shiz. happens. and i can be highly outfarmed.

Posted Image