Photo

Xin Zhao VS Jayce TOP

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Xin Zhao VS Jayce TOP (22 member(s) have cast votes)

So, can Xin Zhao beat Jayce?

1. Yes (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. No (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

3. Maybe (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RabbiYumYum

RabbiYumYum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am having a discussion with my friend about Jayce toplane. He believes that a good Jayce cannot lose his lane, my respond is that Xin Zhao is actually a good top laner against him because of audacious charge. Even though Jayce has the hammer knock back, the damage from an audacious charge and one proc of three talon strikes will dish out a large amount of damage, plus your cooldowns are lower than Jayce and cost less. Which means Xin Zhao trades better. He tells me that a good Jayce will not let you get in charge range and will spam Gate/Shock Blast. He also says that the Jayce's you have probably been beating are bad at Jayce using a quote from Dyrus "If you aren't really good at Jayce, you are shit." So I would like your guys' opinion. Can Xin Zhao beat a Jayce.

#2 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

No, like you said Jayce can hammer Xin Zhao away, audacius charge and three talon aren't enough to beat the harras Jayce will be doing in ranged form + the burst he does in hammer form. Jayce also scales much better into lategame.
Posted Image

#3 randompanda

randompanda

The One and Only General Panda! Join my Army Peasants!

• Members
  • 4723 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I have seen Xins beet jayce pretty damn easy.

Tbh anything with a gabcloser should be able to beat him even if he has his hammer.

Xin has on of the higher early game burst btw, pretty easy to blow jayce up.

Posted Image

#4 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I have seen Xins beet jayce pretty damn easy.

Tbh anything with a gabcloser should be able to beat him even if he has his hammer.

Xin has on of the higher early game burst btw, pretty easy to blow jayce up.

You do realise burst is useless if you can't use it? Jayces burst is about the same yet he has a ranged attack aswell and a much better overall kit.. Sure if the Xin Zhao is more skilled or gets some good jungle ganks he can win but a good Jayce should be able to avoid death easily with a simple ward.
Posted Image

#5 RabbiYumYum

RabbiYumYum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

You do realise burst is useless if you can't use it? Jayces burst is about the same yet he has a ranged attack aswell and a much better overall kit.. Sure if the Xin Zhao is more skilled or gets some good jungle ganks he can win but a good Jayce should be able to avoid death easily with a simple ward.

Dude, I don't know I have done more damage to a Jayce by exchanging. I just charge him and even with one proc of talon strike I do more damage than him, and my CD's are lower.

#6 Agiond

Agiond

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Xin has only ONE chance to win that lane. He needs 2 hard engages and taking 0 harass before lvl 2. He can only win that lane if he gets an early kill and dodges all E+Q jayce combos.

"Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam" - Hannibal Barca

"We will either find a way, or make one"

JAX Guide: Imagine if he had a real weapon

#7 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

That's simply not true.. Xin Zhaos combo doesn't do more damage except in the very early game, during which Jayce can easily stay alife by knocking Xin back and harrasing at range. Jayce rapidly outscales Xin Zhao once the items start rolling in and he has way better utility.

To counter something doesn't mean you have a slim snowball potential early game, countering means countering the actual kit of the opponent, which in this case is more the other way around, Jayces kit counters Xins kit.

EDIT: Wasn't talking to you Agiond, we just posted at about the same time :P
Posted Image

#8 RabbiYumYum

RabbiYumYum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

That's simply not true.. Xin Zhaos combo doesn't do more damage except in the very early game, during which Jayce can easily stay alife by knocking Xin back and harrasing at range. Jayce rapidly outscales Xin Zhao once the items start rolling in and he has way better utility.

To counter something doesn't mean you have a slim snowball potential early game, countering means countering the actual kit of the opponent, which in this case is more the other way around, Jayces kit counters Xins kit.

EDIT: Wasn't talking to you Agiond, we just posted at about the same time :P

Hmm you might be right, I have not met a Jayce though in lane that I couldn't handle top, because Xin's early is better IMO

#9 Agiond

Agiond

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Jayce will stay 99% of the time in ranged form, and Xin is a melee champ. So the only way Xin has to engage is with E, wich Jayce can counter with his own E in melee pushing you away.

Also, Jayce is a poke champ, what means that he'll be throwing shit on you all day long untill you are low enough so he can go for the kill.

The only way to beat him is destroying Jayce from the begining and/or if Jayce is bad as fuck.

"Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam" - Hannibal Barca

"We will either find a way, or make one"

JAX Guide: Imagine if he had a real weapon

#10 Pheqes

Pheqes

www.twitch.tv/Pheqes

• Moderators
  • 2496 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Only read the first couple of posts... Going to post from experience (Xin is one of my favorites).

You can beat Jayce with Xin Zhao. Anyone who puts too much emphasis on Jayce's hammer isn't playing against Jayce very well. Of course his hammer is annoying, but it doesn't shut down Xin Zhao. As Xin, You gotta wait for his hammer to change to cannon to really engage. He'll take a longer time to knock you back.

If that situation doesn't present itself (Jayce is farming from afar with his laser shot cannon thing), then pull the thing out. Remember that Xin Zhao's Q reduces the cooldown of all other abilities, so activate Q+W, E to him. Xin Zhao is an extremely fast striker. You'll get probably two Q procs on him. When he knocks you away, Q a minion. Then hold back for him to farm, OR - rush him hard again, 'cause your Dash will be up before his knock back again. Xin Zhao can out trade Jayce, but Jayce has great disengage, which since his nerf is his best asset.

When you get a Jayce who wants to disengage more than trade, rather it be the hammer or accelerate gate, then zone his dumbass and dodge his energy blast. When you hit level 6, it becomes a lot easier because you have something new to offer... He doesn't. Remember to hit Xin's R as the initial strike after the dash to him 'cause it does % current health damage, so it does the most as the first strike.

The fun thing about jayce is that he'll either level up his Hammer knockback or his Energy blast. You can tell which skill he levels based on how well he can farm. If his energy blast through the acceleration gate doesn't clear the back wave of minions in one shot, then he's not fully maxing the blast. That should give you an idea of how to build your Xin Zhao (whether or not you build a little armor early on or rush your first offensive item). If he's maxing his hammer knockback, then he's going to probably hurt a hell of a lot when you engage him, but he wont' be able to farm as well.

What's cool to do with Xin that works real well on Jayce is activate Q, his a minion to proc it's first strike, then activate W and dash to Jayce. Quickly knock up and walk away. Do that closer to your tower, so if Jayce wants to engage on you afterward, you have the tower to scare him off. That's a FANTASTIC way to poke down guys like Jayce. Repeat that until you're six, then add your ult and kill into the combination. You should be freezing your lane next to your tower anyway, cause Jayce is a natural pusher with his stupid energy blast, so this shouldn't be hard to pull off. In fact, if you're not freezing your lane as Xin Zhao, I suggest you learn to do so.

Pay attention to his mana... If he's low, he isn't a threat.

Xin also has more sustain than Jayce... In fact, Jayce doesn't have any.

E+R+Q+W Him to death. If he runs, E him again.

Also, don't get poked. If Jayce shoots his Energy blast at you, that means he's not farming at the moment. Stand behind minions or dodge the energy blast. It's really not hard to sidestep. There are some who can hit the gate and blast all at once real close to him, but you can still dodge the blast.

Just remember... Jayce isn't supposed to excel at close quarters combat until later in the game. Just because he hammers you, doesn't mean you're out, 'cause your cool down is better. Go at him again if you have to, 'case his hammer isn't going to hurt as much as you think. If need be, build armor.

If allt his fails for some reason - be it you're getting camped, you suck, or the jayce is amazingly good - You have better team fight presence than Jayce... Survive. Last hit with Q for quicker hits.

Ranked 5s and You! - By Pheqes

Twitch Status: Offline
Activity: None

#11 Endrance

Endrance

• Members
  • 2321 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

A perfectly played Jayce wins against a perfectly played Xin Zhao (by a heartbeat) excluding jungle interference, because Jayce's utility gives him greater control potential. Anything below perfectly played goes to Xin Zhao, because if Jayce's control isn't used right, Xin just beats you up, similar to Garen. As long as they can stick to you and get through their combo in a full HP encounter, they will generally not lose (some exceptions are skill counters such as Kayle and her ult vs Garen and Jax' dodge against Xin Zhao).

This one depends highly on the players. There's no clear winner.
Posted Image

#12 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Pheqes you are assuming Jayce will come into your dash range shortly after transforming. A good Jayce will never do so and always has his bursts and escapes ready when you try to engage. A good Jayce can knock you back before you even land a single strike. (yes you can get knocked away while still dashing and a good Jayce will predict when you are going to jump)
Posted Image

#13 Pheqes

Pheqes

www.twitch.tv/Pheqes

• Moderators
  • 2496 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Not buying it.

Ranked 5s and You! - By Pheqes

Twitch Status: Offline
Activity: None

#14 Endrance

Endrance

• Members
  • 2321 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

The difference is really as close as Xin Zhao dodging a Q or Jayce timing one of his other skills wrong. Jayce has the upper hand if he plays it out well, but Xin Zhao has the kit to punish the slightest mistake with a death, while Jayce has a way harder time just winning the lane by controlling Xin Zhao.
Posted Image

#15 Tankology

Tankology

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Only thing i can imagine is if the xin camped bushes and waited for Jayce to get over confident. Use three talon at start, hit once, he hammerss you away, then dive. As long as you can bait his hammer before you charge, youre golden.
DeathBringr
NAWest

#16 Valkasha

Valkasha

BOSS

• Members
  • 3568 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

But Jayce can poke in bushes too.. His q is as wide as a lane bush.
Posted Image

#17 Blacknsilver

Blacknsilver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

If it's a 1v1, I'd say Xin wins it just because he does more damage and has better sustain. He'll get denied a lot of CS early but he'll eventually wear down and zone/kill Jayce. Xin is far easier to gank and telegraphs his all-ins though so I'd say it's pretty close. Plus Jayce is more useful late-game/in teamfights.

#18 The Black Guy

The Black Guy

That Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

xins early game stomps jayce, but if jayce doesn't let xin farm, and keeps him at bay with his ability kit then i think jayce can come out on top, i think sometimes people underestimate the power of having range..

yea xin has a gap closer but jayce has a disengage knock back
That face though, haha
Posted Image

#19 shizuku782

shizuku782

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

IMO xinzhao beat jayce easy because xinzhao max E to charge for him.when you learned his E by 3 point is 9s(+ 4% cd on masteries).E + Q+Q+Q=6s,run to avoid jayce combo about 2s.then its 4s.By that time your Q cd is 5s. then just E to jayce again... cause jayce hammer form cd is longer so he only have w to trade with you.I read some comment, people say : a good jayce will not let xz farm but like xz let jayce harass and farm.