• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 aerobassist

aerobassist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

People have been confusing me about which is better... i like AD better, but just need feedback from people

#2 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

AD.. and if I was smart. I would close this thread now.. Which I should.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#3 aerobassist

aerobassist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

AD.. and if I was smart. I would close this thread now.. Which I should.

Wait why??? why AD and why close??

#4 iRool

iRool

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:53 AM

I pray that soon, Kennen will receive similar Nerfs that Ezreal received until AD is the only viable, shitty way to play him.

Ezreal is a little underwhelming unless he is well farmed or fed as an AD carry, and you would be better off with Miss Fortune while she's still hot. If they re-implemented Ezreal's old healing abilities, I'd suggest buying him and playing as support. He would be banned for this reason though.
Extreme joy is just as far off center as extreme anger

#5 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

AP still is Okay, but Ezreal is best played AD. And does not require a ton of farm, and if it does, it is easy to get.. xD
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#6 UglyTractor

UglyTractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

Well his suggested items are ap....

but seriously, early armor pen + mystic shot = op
Posted Image

#7 Everett

Everett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:25 AM

Well his suggested items are ap....

but seriously, early armor pen + mystic shot = op

she thinks your tractor is sexi, so I hear.
Posted Image

#8 aerobassist

aerobassist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

AP still is Okay, but Ezreal is best played AD. And does not require a ton of farm, and if it does, it is easy to get.. xD

Well i was just wondering because i looked at the last few patches and ezreal got some pretty bad nerfs =/

#9 Dyrus

Dyrus

Elite Member

• Moderators
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

i like AP
damn you photobucket

#10 wg8705

wg8705

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

EZ is about balanced now. He's a little underpowered but his range is still super sexy. Now you actually have to be good with EZ to make him a great champion. Still, EZ with a good Q and red = very strong. And his burst is still really strong on 1v1 situations-- Q, E, Auto, Q, Ult? He can outdps a lot of champions that think they'll have you beat.

EDIT: AD is really the best way to play him currently. His Q does so much damage compared to W and it has a much shorter CD. The only reason to take AP IMO is to make your ult hurt a lot more. Hardly worth it, it scales well but it's base damage is already really high.

#11 M4tt1n4t0r

M4tt1n4t0r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

AP takes requires more skill imo. AD's easier and stronger early game, but a good AP build carries well late game if you know what you're doing.

#12 Udunson

Udunson

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

AP takes requires more skill imo. AD's easier and stronger early game, but a good AP build carries well late game if you know what you're doing.

True but since he has no farming capability as AP Ezreal, getting those items you want is extremely hard.

#13 Matija Dogan

Matija Dogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

I play my Ezreal AP and he's my main. The reason I play AP is because he's very overwhelming late-mid game and late game. First I take Dorans blade for HP and it makes my Mystic shot stronger and gives me lifesteal (on Mystic too). Later I snowball on Mejai (collect assist with ulti), then buy Sheen and upgrade it to Lich bane to make my Mystic also deal some dmg. So now all of my spells deal a LOT of damage. Later take Zhonya, Rylai and Void staff. With 20 stacks, which I get almost always, and Zhonya my ult (1:.9, HUUGE!) deals 1200 dmg, Essence flux (1:.68) and Arcane shift (1:.75) have an awesome ratio. While it's true that takes a lot of skill to play AP I prefer it to AD because I like playing glass carrys. I can't really say which is better, AP or AD, because I played AD like 4 times in practice and sucked so I don't know all of the ins and outs of the build. Probably you should have Frozen mallet or Trinity (or perma liz), some lifesteal (and crit?) but what it misses is the ability to nuke a champ down in seconds. The passive kicks in really nicely in team fights; ulti the bastards, get 5 stacks on passive, and DPS them like hell. Still don't like it though... I hope you can choose which suits you better.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. Got carried away.

#14 M4tt1n4t0r

M4tt1n4t0r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

True but since he has no farming capability as AP Ezreal, getting those items you want is extremely hard.

With the recent buffs to Ezreal's base damage, rushing Sheen would solve most of your problems laning phase. I last hit quite well with the doubled burst. However, you do lose the advantage of having a stronger autoattack, but I've managed to get that part down too, its slightly slower, but late game its well worth it. Knowing what AP items to get in which games is crucial to countering the enemy team. AP Ezreal is almost a support in my eyes.

#15 SeoHyun

SeoHyun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

playing AP Ez is like playing Ap Kog'Maw. Not worth spending all that time farming for it.

#16 Wgod

Wgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

AP Ez
Ehm, ****ty early, mid game... (about 50% of all games ending in mid game) so colosaly useles in ranked (normal=no competition)... late game his burst is great but still there are many better ap carries...

AD Ez
He is valiable but take some time to master play... Every time i pick him in ranked there is atleast one whiner: "Omg its ranked dont pick ez he is useless.." but still if you can play him well he is usefull. Almost every time i lose Im the one with less deads and most kills or assists.. got 3,4:1 K/D ratio.. (in ranked ofc)

He has one of strongest early game... u can rock almost any champ 1v1... btw u have to start mid lane and farm alot.. last hit every creep and haras ur oponent... and also he is great ganker.. so its easier to get fed with ez...but still his cap of dps is lower than other champs so his late game is lower..

There asre more usefull carries like kog or MF but still ez is the most enjoyable to play

I start with Doran's Blade and hpotion.. I farm till i have about 1400-1500 golds... (usualy take till lvl 7 or faster with fb or some kills ofc..) then i recal for boots and Madred's Razors + 1-2 healing potions... kill lizzard (if we aint have jungler or atleast other team) and start to gank.. allways start with your lane.. next items are Wriggle's Lantern, The Brutalizer, complete boots, Sheen if u need more survivability u can continue building Trinity Force or just Stack B.F.Swords..

Skilzz: R>Q>E>W.. I dont use Essence Flux till late game when there is no other choice
Masteries: 21/0/9 with one point in Utility Mastery
And I use ghost + ignite

http://img560.images...i/93201884.jpg/
http://img600.images...i/79181343.jpg/

#17 armadaxster

armadaxster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

I think sheen is MAIN for ad ezreal. (ap ezreal too)

It gives you x2 damage with your q.

I am recalling when i got 1325+350=1575 gold. For Boots of speed and sheen.

After that going for brutalizer, vampiric scepter. Brutalizer -> Youmuu's ghostblade. Vampiric scepter-> The bloodthirster

At least getting infinity edge and trinity.

For last, if game last that long getting situational, banhsee's or lastwhisper.

Posted Image

Not all angels are good.

Spoiler

#18 spellcasterbrent

spellcasterbrent

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

My bro is a pro Ez AD carry, so I decided I would give him a shot as well. I usually rush Trinity Force, and then go for specific attack item for team I am facing, then banshee's, depending on how I am doing more defensive items or attack items, but Banshee's and Trinity help you shy off and focus fire because you have added movement speed and negate heavy spells.

#19 Haxed

Haxed

Total Cutie Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

AD ALL THE WAY!
Easiest way to reach me is by IRC (#SoloMid.LoL @ QuakeNet). My nickname on IRC is normally @Haxed. Click my name then click Query to open a private chat with me
Posted ImagePosted Image
LilMissAsian (4:29): you're a jerk and a pimp
04:29 - Brossiah: you're the only one i care about in my heart

Posted Image

#20 Morbid Lynx

Morbid Lynx

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

AD with a Dash 'o AP.

Endgame:
Triforce
Bloodthirster
Guinsoos

maagaad the atkspeed, and nooooise dmg on ult and w.