17 replies to this topic

#1 Dominus

Dominus

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

I've been filling the jungling position on my 5v5 team and wondering who to pick if warwick gets taken.

Who do you think would be my best second pick? Nunu seems like a strong choice, but I'm wondering what high elo players use as a second option. I'm guessing udyr?
Posted Image

#2 ThaggleS

ThaggleS

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

Straight Tank Olaf after Wriggles Lantern with Randuins, Banshees, GA, Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet in whichever order (Wriggles/Boots FIRST) is fine. I build him after my first two items, Randuins --> Frozen Mallet ---> Banshees ---> GA and it works really well.

#3 ThaggleS

ThaggleS

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

Also, many people don't like him, but Fiddlesticks is a great jungler. Always high health, decent CC for ganks all while having TWO summoner spells instead of 1 summoner spell because of Smite, which WW usually uses for faster jungling, and Fiddles doesn't need because his newest buff to his W makes it almost always off cooldown when finishing the spell. Ghost and Flash make Fiddle easy to escape with and easy to ULT FLASH and destroy in team fights.

P.S.

Galio + Vlad + Morgana + Miss Fortune + Fiddle = Insta win. Ya, MR will rape, but all you gotta do is build Void Staff on each and let MF tear up the DPS after her ult. Deadly. Anybody wanna Ranked 5v5 Arranged later tonight :huh:

#4 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

Udyr.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#5 DanGR

DanGR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Let's say WW is banned for a special reason, and Udyr is taken. Who then would you choose (ideally)?

#6 DerWille

DerWille

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

That damn Rammus.

#7 chemistryz

chemistryz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Olaf.

#8 Conditional

Conditional

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

It is very difficult to assign a tier list to champions and their ability to jungle, because many champions have yet been discovered of their jungle ability.

You should run a scan of all the champs you have and you can jungle with and decide between their pros and cons and what would help your team more, or what would counter your opponents team more effectively.

Anyways since its 4 in the morning i'll make a rough list of champs that are effective in a high elo team fight setting thing.

Akali - good tunneler, able to disrupt and deeps heavily
Amumu- amazing AOE 'hold down' great set up and can do dragon early
Cho gath- total beast, cant die able to silence
Mundo- deeps, but nothing special
Evelynn, counter jungle, nothing special
Fiddle sticks, LOL i hate fiddles so much, such a bad champ imo
Gra

okay i'm really tired and lazy of making this. plus what i've been saying isnt really useful, there are tons of champions to choose from to jungle with and every one of them has their own addition to the cake.

boobs and presents
Posted Image
+1 pls :3

#9 Hraklea

Hraklea

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

I've been filling the jungling position on my 5v5 team and wondering who to pick if warwick gets taken.

In my opinion, Xin Zhao > Udyr > Olaf. (considering the entire character, not only their capacity of jungling)

#10 ColbyCheeZe

ColbyCheeZe

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Rammus. No question. Fk off light speed rollywheel of death.
Check out my other LoL commentaries, guides, and funny clips.
http://www.youtube.com/colbycheeze

#11 Twitch

Twitch

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

The preferred junglers in my opinion are Warwick, Olaf, Udyr, Amumu, Rammus.

I love jungli akali personally but she is very very open for ganks, if you do jungle akali its always nice to have someone who can removes wards (Hi, my names Nidalee, thank you for the first CS of the game at 1:10)
Posted Image

#12 Arragoth

Arragoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

I run Amumu, Olaf or Nunu from the jungle typically. I am starting to run Rammus as well as my 5v5 premade likes to run 3 tanks.

#13 Otukt

Otukt

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

Amumu
Warwick
Udyr
Olaf
Rammus
Nunu
Gragas
Akali
Malphite
Fiddlesticks
Shen
Xin

Allmost every champion can jungle tbh but the above are the most common. I personly dont like Xin in the jungle at all, he just feels to slow.
Posted Image

#14 Udunson

Udunson

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'd say Udyr if Warwick is taken. Either Udyr or Olaf for sure though.

#15 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3599 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

nunu isn't that great unless the other team doesn't have too many spells that break your ult so you end up having to last pick nunu

rammus is pretty boss jungler, powerball almost guarantees you a taunt+slot with red buff which pretty much gives you a kill at lvl 3 or 4 if the lane isn't too pushed out

and as for which one to jungle as it's up to your own playstyle and which champs you're confortable with

#16 Mazurati

Mazurati

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

Nunu is a great jungler and I wouldn't even depend on Nunu's ult. It takes too long to cast and it's too easy to counter.
Nunu is a good teammate because the incredible slow + increased atk/movement speed you can give a teammate.

He's very viable and creating a doubt in an opponents mind whether they should save there interrupt for you or the immediate threat is crucial imo.

#17 budd

budd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Janna imo

#18 DOA Monkey

DOA Monkey

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Nunu is a great jungler and I wouldn't even depend on Nunu's ult. It takes too long to cast and it's too easy to counter.
Nunu is a good teammate because the incredible slow + increased atk/movement speed you can give a teammate.

He's very viable and creating a doubt in an opponents mind whether they should save there interrupt for you or the immediate threat is crucial imo.

Outside of the fact that he is fucking worthless a large % of the time in a teamfight if you cannot ult. Sure you have slows and are a good buffbot but you dont hit for shit otherwise.

Hence what Messiah said.... you need that ult to help out.

Dont get me wrong, love Nunu (HE'S A GOD DAMN COOKIE MONSTER), but "viable" is a stretch now that Heimer isnt seen as often.