8 replies to this topic

#1 myrmidon

myrmidon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Someone please explain to me why this is a bad choice?

This is one of my most often used characters on anyone that benefits from high hp/ad. (Garen, Olaf, Mundo, etc)

It's my understanding that while math-craft wise Warmogs is still a poor choice (I don't understand why it's still so bad, it gives something like 1450hp when maxed out now.), but that Atma's becomes very efficient around 3000hp. Almost every character in the game is going to break 3000hp with a Warmogs now.

#2 Rudeboymike

Rudeboymike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Someone please explain to me why this is a bad choice?

This is one of my most often used characters on anyone that benefits from high hp/ad. (Garen, Olaf, Mundo, etc)

It's my understanding that while math-craft wise Warmogs is still a poor choice (I don't understand why it's still so bad, it gives something like 1450hp when maxed out now.), but that Atma's becomes very efficient around 3000hp. Almost every character in the game is going to break 3000hp with a Warmogs now.

Warmogs got a buff, making it not as cost ineffecient as before. The problem with it is the popularity of Bloodrazors.

Atma's is not a bad choice at all, and you don't need a Warmogs to make it effective. There are better defensive/hp items out there to take advantage of, particularly Frozen Mallet.

Now for pure DPS though, there are much better option.

#3 Hraklea

Hraklea

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

There are better defensive/hp items out there to take advantage of, particularly Frozen Mallet. +1

#4 myrmidon

myrmidon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

However, Frozen Mallet gives you almost half the hp, and a miniscule amount of damage. The slow isn't really neccesary and chars who will be taking this sort of setup.

As much as I love FM, I think the fact that you get ~1500hp, at least 70AD, 15% crit, 40 armor, and ~60hp/5 from 2 items is pretty cool.

#5 UglyTractor

UglyTractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Warmogs requires you to farm to make it any good. It must be gotten at the beginning of the game to be efficient, and most teams are going to team fight before you can max it out. This leaves you with no resistances or a randuins to tank for your team.
Posted Image

#6 Dominus

Dominus

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

warmogs = 900 health for 3000 gold
2 giants belts = 900 health for 2200 gold

you will never fill up a warmogs so you're better off spending that 800 gold towards flat health or something else

atma's is ALWAYS efficient, regardless of whether or not you buy health items.
Posted Image

#7 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

only stacking hp is very inefficient. you're better off getting a mix of armor/mr and hp. that's why banshee and sunfire are so good at tanking

#8 UglyTractor

UglyTractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

only stacking hp is very inefficient. you're better off getting a mix of armor/mr and hp. that's why banshee and sunfire are so good at tanking

dont forget aegis and randuin
Posted Image

#9 Professor Oak

Professor Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

Warwick with Bloodrazers 4 Warmogs and an Atmas is hilarious.

Not viable though.

Need eHP.
The Green + Sign is SUPER EFFECTIVE!