• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Loulou

Loulou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

I know that many different rune choices are possible on Anivia (depending on your team composition), but what runes would you recommend for a well-balanced Anivia?

#2 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

3Quints of fort

4 seals of resil per lvl

5 seals of greater resil

9 glyphs of resil

9 marks of resil

anivia does crazy damage through time. What she needs is survivability and golem buff always.

#3 Jäger Zero

Jäger Zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

Why armor over flat health or dodge? If armor gives diminishing returns, wouldn't it be wiser to go with both armor and dodge?

#4 LemonWarlord

LemonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

Why armor over flat health or dodge? If armor gives diminishing returns, wouldn't it be wiser to go with both armor and dodge?

Armor doesn't give diminishing returns.

#5 Jäger Zero

Jäger Zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

I may be misinformed, but does armor and magic resistance follow the equation, "y=x/(x+100), where x equals armor and y protection from armor?"

If so, then;
  X  |  Y  | Diff
10   |0.09 |0.09
20   |0.16 |0.08
30   |0.23 |0.06
40   |0.29 |0.05
50   |0.33 |0.05
60   |0.38 |0.04
70   |0.41 |0.04
80   |0.44 |0.03
90   |0.47 |0.03
100  |0.50 |0.03

The diffrence in protection granted between 10 and 20 armor is 0.08, while the difference between 90 and 100 is 0.03.

This graph from Wolfram shows how the numbers behave.

#6 El Techno

El Techno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

Armor doesn't suffer from diminishing returns. It appears to because each point of armor blocks a 1% of the remaining damage after all the other armor is factored in. Consider that having 30% damage block on a 1000 HP hero means it takes 14 100 damage shots to kill you (70 damage per shot), but 90% damage block means that it will take 100 100 (10 damage per shot) damage shots to kill you, then 30% damage block is actually 14% of 90% damage. Got it?!

The proof will give you a headache, but here's the short visual explanation on how much damage it takes to kill someone:

D is the Base Damage
R is the amount of damage reduced by armor/magic resist
a is the amount/resist of armor you have
If D - R >= HP means you're dead, and R = D * (a /(a +100)) (see above post), then
D - ( D * a / (a + 100) ) >= HP means you're dead. Plug in 1000 for HP, and you'll see that 10 armor comes out to 1100 damage, 20 armor comes out to 1200 damage, etc, so one armor gives about 1% extra EHP (Effective HP)

While I'm handing out migranes, consider that armor and HP stack multiplicativly, and HP comes at about 2.5g per 1HP, and Armor at about 14g per 1 armor, it looks like Armor is always cheaper than HP; it adds 5HP per 500HP, at about 2.8g per HP at 500 HP, 1.4g per HP at 1000 HP, etc. But remember that that doesn't take into account that your new HP items also stack with your armor items! A 1 HP trinket actually gives about 1.2 EHP with your base armor. And what about spell damage??? OMGZ WHAT DO I BUY? Well, if you figure to eat 500 or so spell damage, you should buy one item that gives +20-30 armor at about 1200 HP (consider Aegis of the Legion), and another one later on when you have closer to 2000 HP. Also on DPS heros, consider that you get a lot of extra HP from lifesteal for Armor to go stack with! Armor is definitely one of the most worthwhile buys in the late game on tanks and DPS heroes. Even if you just buy a chainmail to fill the last item slot on your Tristana, its often worth more in effective DPS than a BF sword!

#7 bLaCkLyCoN

bLaCkLyCoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

Well thats a load of info on defence I shall keep in mind thanks,
But as an Aniva player usually I have got a rune page of pure Mana Regen to alow me to use my skills early game with out having to be very very careful about mana just a little careful, other than one rune stack which i use pure magic resist because i find armour for normal attacks is cheaper and easyer to build if needed, But at the end of the day it's the way I play that i do this I think you have to deside what it is in game you need to have for your style of play.

#8 Valldor

Valldor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

What i did for my Anivia rune page is got all red Magic Pen with 1 Quint of Magic pen, this amounts to 10 which is a solid number to aim for, as with sorc shoes that knocks out all base MR. From there, i opted for CDR blues, because usually my item build does not have much CDR, and having flash frost and wall up more often is very important. For yellows, i got a mix of some more CDR and some mp5 runes, as the mp5 runes help me in the early lanning phase till i can farm my catalyst, and before i can start grabbing the blue runes whenever they are up. The last two quints i did more CDR, but HP flat is not a bad choice either so you are not so squishy early.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/71ccde125e.jpg

#9 jokull

jokull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

my personal runes are magic pen marks, mana regen per level seals, ap per level glyphs and quints. i must respectfully disagree with aonemphatic, egg gives plenty of survivability early and a good distraction late, and you can get much better use of runes, "moneywise" as attack/damage runes are worth more than survivability runes. few champs can control an enemies movements the way anivia can with her spells, so i prefer to just burst down enemies as quick as possible

#10 Hraklea

Hraklea

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

Red = Magic pen
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = Armor
Quints = HP

Anivia already has a high damage, you don't need AP runes.
Anivia already has short CDs, you don't need CD red runes.

And I never went oom to make Mp5 runes necessary. Anyway, you can farm a tear of the goddess/chalice of harmony pretty fast and just teleport back to your lane.

#11 candLe

candLe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Health Per Level
Quints: Movement Speed

The mobility on Anivia is something absolutely needed. Having the ability to move faster will definitely help you land the shatter combo easier? That and it eases the ability to ult shatter. Maybe I'm just on crack or something.

Posted Image

#12 Morbid Lynx

Morbid Lynx

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Health Per Level
Quints: Movement Speed

The mobility on Anivia is something absolutely needed. Having the ability to move faster will definitely help you land the shatter combo easier? That and it eases the ability to ult shatter. Maybe I'm just on crack or something.

I likeded this HP/lvl yellows u gots there. I've mostly run on

Red&Quints = Mpen
The rest on manareg/5, to SPAMSPAMSPAM R. But not since they fucked the mp5/reg runes its no fun anymore. :/

#13 zwischy

zwischy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

I like magic pen marks, AP/level or manareg seals (yeah, even after the nerf), and AP/level, manareg, or even CDR (though my experience has told me it's usually pointless). MS quints.

I have been kicking about the idea to just go AP/level seals and glyphs, though. Sure, they nerfed the manareg runes but buffed all magic users' base manaregen, so really you're fine most of the time with just a Meki out of the gate, and a little caution about not overspamming your Q.

#14 W7ngless

W7ngless

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

Armor doesn't suffer from diminishing returns. It appears to because each point of armor blocks a 1% of the remaining damage after all the other armor is factored in. Consider that having 30% damage block on a 1000 HP hero means it takes 14 100 damage shots to kill you (70 damage per shot), but 90% damage block means that it will take 100 100 (10 damage per shot) damage shots to kill you, then 30% damage block is actually 14% of 90% damage. Got it?!

The proof will give you a headache, but here's the short visual explanation on how much damage it takes to kill someone:

D is the Base Damage
R is the amount of damage reduced by armor/magic resist
a is the amount/resist of armor you have
If D - R >= HP means you're dead, and R = D * (a /(a +100)) (see above post), then
D - ( D * a / (a + 100) ) >= HP means you're dead. Plug in 1000 for HP, and you'll see that 10 armor comes out to 1100 damage, 20 armor comes out to 1200 damage, etc, so one armor gives about 1% extra EHP (Effective HP)

While I'm handing out migranes, consider that armor and HP stack multiplicativly, and HP comes at about 2.5g per 1HP, and Armor at about 14g per 1 armor, it looks like Armor is always cheaper than HP; it adds 5HP per 500HP, at about 2.8g per HP at 500 HP, 1.4g per HP at 1000 HP, etc. But remember that that doesn't take into account that your new HP items also stack with your armor items! A 1 HP trinket actually gives about 1.2 EHP with your base armor. And what about spell damage??? OMGZ WHAT DO I BUY? Well, if you figure to eat 500 or so spell damage, you should buy one item that gives +20-30 armor at about 1200 HP (consider Aegis of the Legion), and another one later on when you have closer to 2000 HP. Also on DPS heros, consider that you get a lot of extra HP from lifesteal for Armor to go stack with! Armor is definitely one of the most worthwhile buys in the late game on tanks and DPS heroes. Even if you just buy a chainmail to fill the last item slot on your Tristana, its often worth more in effective DPS than a BF sword!

The math major in me wants to see the proof just for shits and giggles.
No matter which one of us lives, the ground we're standing on will crack and blow away.
It supplies comic relief in this horrible economy.

#15 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

The math major in me wants to see the proof just for shits and giggles.

I hate proving my math. I was the kid that was right on every problem on his math test but didn't show his work so I failed the test.
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#16 Oddrick

Oddrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

I go

MPen reds
HP/lvl yellows
AP/lvl blues
Flat HP quints

The bird is squishy, so I likes me some HP. AP > CDR because I almost always have blue, which means I don't need the +6% when someone is running around with Soul Shroud giving me 40%.

Resident bitch.

#17 W7ngless

W7ngless

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

I hate proving my math. I was the kid that was right on every problem on his math test but didn't show his work so I failed the test.

See, I'm the opposite. Without the proof, I not only deny it being correct, but also have no idea on how to remember how to do it. FFFFF EFF YOU CALC
Also, cool sig.
No matter which one of us lives, the ground we're standing on will crack and blow away.
It supplies comic relief in this horrible economy.

#18 KiillSwitch

KiillSwitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Full proof way to play Anivia

#19 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

Full proof way to play Anivia

LOL! I watched that when it was first posted. Epic video, definately a guide to "follow"
Posted Image

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#20 Morbid Lynx

Morbid Lynx

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

Gotta go back on my runes. I have changed the Runes setup for Anivia 3 times since i posted in this thread. As of now i go:

Mpen - Red&Blue
Hp/lvl - Yellow
2xMovement - Quint
1xMpen - Quint

This with swiftness boots and movspd masteries enables you to hit Q on farthest range and fly up to land E. Movementspeed was the best thing i've ever added on anivia. So good i'm acutally reluctant to spread it around.