• 309 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

hey, ive been working on udyr lots, but of late counter jungle is owning me,
when I see an eve I switch to lane..because i know i cant handle that in jungle

A very noob statement i know

I know jungling
But its those First few lvls there so dangerous

any tips?

Communicate with your team. Make sure that they Guard you while your getting blue if youwould like to start there.
Otherwise just switch jungling route. Either start at double golem->Wraits->Wolfes, or just start at Wraiths and go for WOlfes and then Mana Golem.

Talk with your team is your best bet, make sure that they understand the problem.
Posted Image

#3 HughMyronbrough

HughMyronbrough

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

Spend more time in Turtle Stance rather than trying to blitz through the jungle in Phoenix. It will go a bit slower, but it will also give you more health and mana, making it harder to gank you. Honestly, since the patch nerfed Phoenix, you should be doing this anyways. Do Phoenix stance for a few seconds to get off your proc (watch the little numbers), then go to Turtle.

I've jungled several times with Udyr, but maybe an expert could tell you more.

#4 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

I've had a lot of people complaining about counter jungling.. But I personally never had a problem with it. If you are in the jungle, you should understand the concepts of jungle. (A bad habit I picked up is knowing the re-spawn timers of the jungle creeps.) But back to the point, you should know different ways you can do a jungle, where one is for early ganks, one is for farming where you do better if you farm, and for safe jungling..

But to answer you specifically, sounds like you are having problems with the FOTM (Eve). I suggest at 3, get a point in bear, and go about your business, as soon as she pops out, smack her in the face with the bear, and make distance. If you think you stand a chance, re pop into phoenix burn, then right into turtle. And then bear, and of course back into turtle. But the best way to deal with counter jungle is just to learn a safe jungling route.

EDIT: If you need an example, I'd be more than glad to go into detail :P!
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#5 Iddink

Iddink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

I've had a lot of people complaining about counter jungling.. But I personally never had a problem with it. If you are in the jungle, you should understand the concepts of jungle. (A bad habit I picked up is knowing the re-spawn timers of the jungle creeps.) But back to the point, you should know different ways you can do a jungle, where one is for early ganks, one is for farming where you do better if you farm, and for safe jungling..

But to answer you specifically, sounds like you are having problems with the FOTM (Eve). I suggest at 3, get a point in bear, and go about your business, as soon as she pops out, smack her in the face with the bear, and make distance. If you think you stand a chance, re pop into phoenix burn, then right into turtle. And then bear, and of course back into turtle. But the best way to deal with counter jungle is just to learn a safe jungling route.

EDIT: If you need an example, I'd be more than glad to go into detail :P!

me, me, example please!

#6 UglyTractor

UglyTractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

If you are playing on an organized team, you should have one of your duo laners buy an oracle off the bat and help you with blue.

If you are not in organized play (solo queue), you could try buying an oracle off the bat and have your middle and bottom help you take blue. This will make you a little behind on xp if they don't get out of the way in time, but the odds of you dying are much lower.

Try sticking vision wards in river rather than sight. Early oracles are usually better though as you can kill enemy wards on dragon and lane bushes.
Posted Image

#7 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

me, me, example please!

Well let me say that normally start a blue at level one, work you way through going to: Wolf, wraith, red(with smite), golem. And on some junglers you can be average life, and the wraith camps + red can cause some troubles. And let me say I have a lot of experience in the jungle. And sadly my friends claim it as my expertise. So with each champion, you should know which camp they do best. For example, Jungle mord rapes wraiths at level one. Udyr can also do it pretty quick. WW and Trundle have a great start at the small golems, and Yi can do a great start at anywhere if you are lucky. These are just all examples. So as I explain, let me state for further purposes I am referencing Trundle because I have been playing him as of late.. And let me be honest.. I though Trundle was not good.. But he is straight - a monster. So of course I can start at Blue, or do blue at level 2. But I usually play with a premade, meaning I am fighting a premade team. If I know I can blue start I will, but if they have an eve, and a good gank or have a teleport, I might avoid it by doing the following: starting at small golems, grabbing the two lizards at red, wraiths, then wolves. At this point my life should of been no where near half life. I take my back I should have ~370 gold. Get boots and another health pot. Wander back do my blue, try for a gank mid or top perhaps, sure I don't have red, but I have that pillar and I am level 3-4. I prob will not get a kill but they will blow a summoner almost guaranteed. Just wander back, maybe face check some of their jungle, and then wander back into yours and grab red if you want, or redo wraiths and golems, because at this point they should be back up. Though I recommended for Trundle specificly, like Yi and Olaf, to try to farm as best as possible. Though Trundle has a GREAT gank, it is really hard to work off because you have to be able to close the distance to deal the damage, and you will have to almost every time blow ghost to even get close unless they are over extended of course.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#8 Wildhare

Wildhare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Thank you, Tried changing the route, and it worked,

The eve was always on the other side interestingly enough

To bad we still lost:(, but again ty for advise
Posted Image made by Philpop

#9 HughMyronbrough

HughMyronbrough

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Got counterjungled nastily last game where I tried to do Blue first as Udyr, but wtev.

I've tried jungling with Udyr, starting at Wolves rather than Golem. I can still clear the jungle in under 4 minutes, but I end with ~520 health, whereas if I do Blue Golem first I end with over 600 health. Maybe I'll try Wraith first.

#10 Zrog

Zrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Got counterjungled nastily last game where I tried to do Blue first as Udyr, but wtev.

I've tried jungling with Udyr, starting at Wolves rather than Golem. I can still clear the jungle in under 4 minutes, but I end with ~520 health, whereas if I do Blue Golem first I end with over 600 health. Maybe I'll try Wraith first.

Hello, i'm new to udyr to and after a few games (30ish) i can't find a good jungling route starting somewhere else than golem. But, as golem is always a really tricky spot to start with, if anyone have a good insight, that would be nice !
Starting with Cloth armor / HP pots, 1/16/13, arp red, dodge seals, mr/level blue, HP quints, and Z skill