• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 TheMaster42

TheMaster42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

EDIT: This is now a patch old, so the lists may become more and more out-of-date.

I'm a min-maxer. I go straight for tried-and-true methods. I'm not a unique snowflake, and I rarely, if ever, discover new strategies that nobody's tried before.

I like tier lists, even when a game is way too young to have anything approaching a definitive (or even rough) list. I like to think the champion I've chosen to practice with will be competitive, if I ever get good enough to play with it at a competitive level.

The following is all based on second-hand information, gleaned from livestreams and chats with high-level players, and is meant only to spur discussion in this thread about the viability of various champions. As people post well-reasoned thoughts in this thread, I hope to update the list continuously.

Top-Tier
Annie
Cho'Gath
Corki
Malphite
Sivir
Twisted Fate

High-Tier
Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Gangplank
Kassadin
Katarina
Kayle
Nasus
Nidalee
Nunu
Rammus
Shaco
Singed
Soraka
Taric
Teemo
Tryndamere

Mid-Tier
Ashe
Blitzcrank
Dr. Mundo
Fiddlesticks
Jax
Karthus
Master Yi
Morgana
Ryze
Sion
Tristana
Twitch
Veigar
Zilean

Low/Bottom
Evelynn
Heimerdinger
Janna
Udyr
Warwick

Heroes I'm questioning their placement:
Nidalee - Is she actually high-tier in 5v5? She doesn't get used much...
Taric - Not used much. High-tier?

Discuss! Correct!

#2 Unifizz

Unifizz

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

Imo Blitz is, at the very least, high tier, if not top tier.
He's an amazing initiator, has an amazing low cd stun, decent damage PBAoE (Point-blank Area of Effect) ult, and can make himself run/attack fast for 8 seconds. He doesn't have to be played one way, he can tank or dps.

I'm not very good at discussion for an argument, but I just think he's being under appreciated in your list.
Posted Image

#3 NeutralGround

NeutralGround

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

Twitch is the strongest hero in the game right now, be it in public games or serious match ups. He is, in no way, mid-tier.
"A morning filled with 400 billion suns. The rising of the Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

#4 Unifizz

Unifizz

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:00 AM

Twitch is the strongest hero in the game right now, be it in public games or serious match ups. He is, in no way, mid-tier.

I strongly disagree.
Stun him, blind him, knock him a mile away, there are multiple ways to counter.
The only reason he dominates so much is because of the crappy game mode (blind pick).
Posted Image

#5 NeutralGround

NeutralGround

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:04 AM

The problem with Twtich is his ability to completely eliminate entire teams in a matter of seconds regardless of his items or lack of. With proper positioning and timing, Twitch will win team fights by himself 80% of the time. Stunning him and blinding him are both well and good if you are in a position to do those things the instant he appears, but if you aren't then everyone is already dead.
"A morning filled with 400 billion suns. The rising of the Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

#6 Devolution

Devolution

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:23 AM

I played in the closed beta but never got a chance to try Corki. I see him at the top of most tier lists and in a lot of top ranked games and was just curious what makes him so good. Since he's so expensive, I rarely see him in game as well.
Posted Image

#7 CupRamen

CupRamen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:04 AM

I strongly disagree.
Stun him, blind him, knock him a mile away, there are multiple ways to counter.
The only reason he dominates so much is because of the crappy game mode (blind pick).

He gets to choose his positioning and timing during a team fight and good luck getting in range to do any of that stuff against any kind of team that has disables.
Summoner Name: JunkRamen

#8 TheMaster42

TheMaster42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:08 AM

... Corki. ... what makes him so good. ...

1) Missiles - extremely long range, AoE, excellent damage.
2) Gatling Cannon - Top-notch AoE damage that procs on-hit effects with every bullet. Can hit an entire teamfight and also deals damage while chasing.
3) Valkyrie - He's super-squishy, but Valkyrie is a reliable and instant escape maneuver. It can also help his farming.
4) Phosphorous Bomb - Great for laning, solid AP damage, and the blind helps immensely in teamfights.

Essentially, the best pure carry in the game. All great squishy carries need an escape - he has the best one, and he can still harass from out-of-range with missiles. He does instant (AP-based) AoE damage, and tons and tons of it. No disable, but Phosphorous Bomb isn't bad, and he deals so much damage it's really OK.

#9 Devolution

Devolution

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:20 AM

1) Missiles - extremely long range, AoE, excellent damage.
2) Gatling Cannon - Top-notch AoE damage that procs on-hit effects with every bullet. Can hit an entire teamfight and also deals damage while chasing.
3) Valkyrie - He's super-squishy, but Valkyrie is a reliable and instant escape maneuver. It can also help his farming.
4) Phosphorous Bomb - Great for laning, solid AP damage, and the blind helps immensely in teamfights.

Essentially, the best pure carry in the game. All great squishy carries need an escape - he has the best one, and he can still harass from out-of-range with missiles. He does instant (AP-based) AoE damage, and tons and tons of it. No disable, but Phosphorous Bomb isn't bad, and he deals so much damage it's really OK.

I see, I'm still trying to find a main so I've been searching around for heroes widely used on top level teams, so I've been looking for input, and this a lot of help :) I know he did damage, but I didn't know he was such a powerhouse.
Posted Image

#10 Blankets

Blankets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

I see, I'm still trying to find a main so I've been searching around for heroes widely used on top level teams, so I've been looking for input, and this a lot of help :) I know he did damage, but I didn't know he was such a powerhouse.

Go to on-demand section of the stream, and look at MrGrimm999's Corki games, =)

#11 Unifizz

Unifizz

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

He gets to choose his positioning and timing during a team fight and good luck getting in range to do any of that stuff against any kind of team that has disables.

Get an oracles and he won't be able to get in the PERFECT positioning without getting killed.
If your team isn't organized to target him the second he pops up, that's your own fault.
Someone should be assigned to be watching for twitch to appear so he can disable him while you take out the others (or even him).
Posted Image

#12 Hydrium

Hydrium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

Get an oracles and he won't be able to get in the PERFECT positioning without getting killed.
If your team isn't organized to target him the second he pops up, that's your own fault.
Someone should be assigned to be watching for twitch to appear so he can disable him while you take out the others (or even him).

Twitches 1000 range > Oracles 650(?) range.

If Twitch is getting that close to you to be in position it's his fault.

Good luck bursting him down with Kayle babysitting him as well :/

#13 CupRamen

CupRamen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

"Perfect" positioning for Twitch in a situation where he'll just get killed is somewhere behind his tank. He doesn't need to shoot your team in the back to make his ult powerful. If he's behind his tank, your oracle's will not catch him.

Yeah, all you have to do is just walk up to him and kill him, right? It's not like the other team has anything to punish you for pushing past their tank or anything. It's not like Twitch possibly is ulting you already with lizard buff up, causing your team to take incredible amounts of damage and fire snare?
Summoner Name: JunkRamen

#14 Logo

Logo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Fiddlesticks is mid tier now? Has he really fallen that far? I know the meta has fallen away from casters but Fiddle is still a bit of a powerhouse isn't he? Plus isn't he a pretty decent 'counter' to twitch (as much as their can be one) by having good CC to help control twitch (silence for the rest of the team -> fear Twitch).

Same with Tristana, I thought she was seeing some renewed interest. Especially since she can really get at a twitch with her long range or just blast twitch away when he pops out.

#15 Zalek

Zalek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

I would think morgana as high tier actually. All her abilities are very relevant. I heard some bug about her ulti is that why she is not played anymore?

I also want to know where Anivia is placed

#16 Logo

Logo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I would think morgana as high tier actually. All her abilities are very relevant. I heard some bug about her ulti is that why she is not played anymore?

I also want to know where Anivia is placed

Merc treads makes it so her ult won't work. What happens is her link is also a 30% snare so it breaks early because of merc treads. Then since it broke the 2nd part won't stun and damage that player.

So 5x merc treads means that her ult will never ever stun anyone ever.

That's on top of the host of abilities that already counter it (flash, cleanse, tossing her away, etc.).

#17 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

From my personal experience as a high tier player.... Twitch is the most feared champion in the game.

Twitch/ Sivir are the best champions atm.

People can say blinding, or stuning him.... or exhausting will fix this problem- however his damage can destroy 5 people in less than 3 seconds.

With cleanse, he is able to life steal insane amounts of hitpoints to keep him alive.

Btw, Unifizz.... Oracles does not stop a good twitch... LOL

Basically... .a good twitch lets his team fight 4v5.... for awhile- then unloads and kills everyone.

#18 Reginald

Reginald

BOSS

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

My tier List for the current state of the game.

Champions used in top level of play.

Anivia
Annie
Sivir(best)
Twitch ( best)
Alistar
Corki
Chogath
Gangplank
Kayle
Katarina
Malphite
Nasus
Nunu
Singed
Shaco
Rammus
Shaco
Twisted Fate
Tristana.

Very often seen in high elo

#19 Nowai

Nowai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

IF solo que or just going with 1 partner, this would be my list:

Top-Tier
Twitch + Kayle
Katarina + Morgana or Kayle
Annie
Sivir
Twisted Fate

High-Tier
Fiddlesticks
Blitzcrank
Teemo
Tryndamere
Shaco
Corki

Mid-High
Ashe
Evelynn
Master Yi
Karthus
Veigar
Gangplank
Taric
Anivia

Mid-Tier
Jax
Soraka
Tristana
Nidalee
Warwick
Nunu
Ryze
Kassadin

Low/Bottom
Heimerdinger
Janna
Zilean
Udyr

Tank solo que:

1) Cho'Gath
2) Nasus / Dr. Mundo
3) Alistar / Rammus
4) Sion
5) Singed
6) Malphite
7) Amumu

#20 Natu Utan

Natu Utan

• Members
  • 1098 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

I am an AVID Twitch player. I KNOW he's broken as hell, and I welcome nerfs to him.

Being a good Twitch player, i LOL when I see my opponents end up wasting 2K+ gold on Oracle Elixers. It doesn't matter. So they can see me. Big Woop.

Flash in, auto, auto, debilitating poison, auto auto auto, EXPUNGE

Unlike other physical DPS champs, Twitch does NOT need to put DAMAGE on him. Sure, I do later game. But early game, straight attack speed. Characters like Master Yi, still go damage items and such. Ashe, Trist, Sivir, they all do.

Not Twitch.

Expunge can easily do 600+ damage. On top of all the other damage you do. And with Spray and Prey, if one hit crits, they all crit. I love attacking a bunch of people and just see my screen light up in CRITS.

I just played a game earlier, actually. Me using Twitch (I didn't do AS good, because I was playing in an Airport Terminal [still am in the terminal]) so I lagged a lot. The other team was a premade, according to them. They too, had a Twitch. As well as an Evellyn. Every single one of their characters always had an elixer because of what I could do.

We still one.

I slapped them in the face then scolded them for wasting 2K+ gold on Elixers.

He is, without a doubt, top tier.

I think Twitch has his OWN Tier.

Broken Tier
Twitch

Top Tier
etc.
"Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my Chains are broken.
The Force shall set you free.."