Photo

Nocturne, Jungle or Lane.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Where does the nightmare belong? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Nocturne better in lane or jungle?

1. Jungle fer sure (13 votes [68.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

2. In a lane (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. About even (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tilman44

Tilman44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Simple question.
I've been doing both and he has a nice laning presence and good farming/sustainability. He is a fast jungler once you get past golem. I've tried AS arm pen runes, health AS and armor and health runes and I still can't solo golem at lvl 1. have someone pull if for ya and jungle is fast and not too scary after that. I'm just not sure which is better honestly.

Also i tried him mid and it wasn't bad, but I lucked out and was against a fail teemo so not much can be said. I wouldn't try taking him mid too often.
Posted Image

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
George Carlin

#2 Harmless

Harmless

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Ever since champion spotlight, I've said it's going to go the way with him as with Irelia. Apparently Riot wants you to jungle with them, yet they seem to dominate a solo top, and do really well with the farm.

I'd prefer to lane with him.
Posted Image

#3 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Much of what the OP said I am still torn. So far with the right rune books he is the fastest jungler in my arsenal. I managed to finish my jungle in about 3:32. Which I was even stunned. I also played him a top solo and had tons of cs and get a few kills. I also tried him bot lane, and even works down there. This man is very adept and does his job well. I expect to see him filling all roles soon.

Inb4 best roamer in game.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#4 Tilman44

Tilman44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Caddy commented on my post :D

anyway, what runes do you use, jungle path you take? I'm having problems. I can clear the jungle up until red. I die to it if i try it after golems.
Posted Image

George Carlin

#5 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

If you want to check out my profile the jungling book I use is called "MUNDO GO DIS WAY" it's a typical jungle book. I also did the typical route. I had someone leash blue, wolves, wraiths, red, and golems, I finished with about half life. And a single pot still ticking. Though I do not remember the masteries I went. I think I did something goofy. Like 17/3/10 and I had flash.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId

#6 Tilman44

Tilman44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Much appreciated!
Posted Image

George Carlin

#7 daze

daze

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

Runes-

9x Blue Greater Glyphs of Alacrity
9x Yellow Greater Seals of Alacrity
6x Red Great Marks of Alacrity
3x Red Greater Marks of Desolation
3x Greater Quintessence of Damage

(23% attack speed and 15 armor pen)

Masteries-

21/0/9, get the obvious shit

Items-

Cloth Armor + 5x HP

Skill Order-

Q
W
Q
E
Q
R
R>Q>E>W

------------------

Start at blue with this and you can solo it without a pull, or very, very easily with a pull. You can clear jungle in about 3:30/3:40 but will probably have to b after finishing. I go back and get boots/a ward/a few HP pots and go get some kills.

My items are going like Wriggles -> Zerkers/Mercs -> Brutalizer -> Tri Force -> Ghost Blade -> B Veil/GA -> Starks but I'm sure we can figure out better ways to do it.
tl/champs/cb. gg

#8 BadMisty

BadMisty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

I've found it goes both ways. He has (in my opinion) now the single greatest gank in the game and can use this to his advantage in the jungle. However, he is also a very solid laner and soloer. I think it really depends on the play style of the summoner.

#9 Harmless

Harmless

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

If you want to check out my profile the jungling book I use is called "MUNDO GO DIS WAY" it's a typical jungle book. I also did the typical route. I had someone leash blue, wolves, wraiths, red, and golems, I finished with about half life. And a single pot still ticking. Though I do not remember the masteries I went. I think I did something goofy. Like 17/3/10 and I had flash.

Could you please post it for us EU players who can't check your profile? <3
Posted Image

#10 Snizzle

Snizzle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

I thought you start W with him in jungle

#11 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

Red: Attack Speed
Yellow: Armor
Blue: Flat CDR
Quint: HP
Posted Image

#12 Harmless

Harmless

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

Red: Attack Speed
Yellow: Armor
Blue: Flat CDR