• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kappalol

Kappalol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

So I love playing ranged AD carries (I've been doing it since my DoTA days), but recently I've come to the conclusion that my much beloved AD Ezreal isnt the best solo queuer (at least not at the elo im in). He really feels like he needs a very sharp team to back him up for him to shine. I always win my lane, but during the team fighting phase I'm never able to do much since I cant rely on peels from my team mates.

So here I am with 6300ip, who should I pick up in terms of solo queue effectiveness? I'm really leaning towards corki, but MF is also a possibility.

#2 RheA

RheA

BOSS

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

What about Tristana? The refresh on kill / assist for her rocket jump is really awesome deal to have for uncoordinated. teams + you have 2 natural ways of escaping besides your summoner spells and her late game scaling is amazing, and early game you can make your opponent go change diapers several times if not FB at level 3-4.'
Posted Image

#3 DeathProphet26

DeathProphet26

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

Tristana is the best carry in the game hands down. Try her out and look at Locodocos guide page its a normal build that everybody does but he explains everything out a bit more.
Posted Image

#4 Haxed

Haxed

Total Cutie Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:51 PM

I like tristana in ranked games due to usually having a jungler and often a roamer on the enemy teamand trist has great escape skills (W Leap) & (R Knock back ulti) not to mention great damage late game.
Easiest way to reach me is by IRC (#SoloMid.LoL @ QuakeNet). My nickname on IRC is normally @Haxed. Click my name then click Query to open a private chat with me
Posted ImagePosted Image
LilMissAsian (4:29): you're a jerk and a pimp
04:29 - Brossiah: you're the only one i care about in my heart

Posted Image

#5 Sarken

Sarken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

Yeah i have to agree with the rest of you as well. Tristana is pretty good at tanked.

#6 blenderer

blenderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

Urgot, hands down. Roll in a solo lane, roll in team fights, sit in back, build tanky and you can still carry.

Posted Image

#7 Rosuto

Rosuto

THE RICE FARMER

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

Corki or Trist for sure. Both have great damage and escape tools. They both have great utility too, Explosive Shot healing reduction and Phosphorous Bomb (Even though it no longer reveals hidden units it still gives enemies -35% chance to hit). Also they both have great passives.

Signature is from April 2012. I'm too lazy to fix. Favorite teams is now TSM, AHQ, SGS, WE, TPS

Want your guide approved?
Posted Image

If you ever get mauled by a bear with chainsaw arms,
I hope he stays away from your face. . .
Because I think you're cute.

#8 Morbid Lynx

Morbid Lynx

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Havent u heard? The carry is dead and all that remains is the bruiser.

I think you should go for Champs like Nasus, Renekton, Xin Xhao & Irelia. Play them as offtanks and stomp the soloQs to shit.

#9 esce

esce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

I think climbing up ELO atm is done better with some pubstomping melee DPS like Irelia, Nidalee and so on.

Back to topic: In terms of damage you really should give Tristana a try. Her lategame dmgoutput is just amazing. And for 1350 ip shes not that expensive. If you dont like her playstyle you are back to 6300 ip in a few games. For Corki vs MF id prefer Corki. He just got better escapes and his passive and mix of dmg is just harder to counter. MF is funny nonetheless but i see Corki as more usefull.

On the other hand, ever thought about Ashe? Her dmg might not be as high as the others but her kiting abilities and the wtf where did this just come from arrow is extremely usefull all over the games phases.

regards

#10 Kappalol

Kappalol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

Havent u heard? The carry is dead and all that remains is the bruiser.

I think you should go for Champs like Nasus, Renekton, Xin Xhao & Irelia. Play them as offtanks and stomp the soloQs to shit.

honestly, you're sooo on point.

Why bother with all that finesse involved in playing squishy AD carries like corki/Ez/Ashe, when you can just get 3000HP 150 armor and MR and still do as much damage as the aforementioned. -.-

#11 Kappalol

Kappalol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

I think climbing up ELO atm is done better with some pubstomping melee DPS like Irelia, Nidalee and so on.

Back to topic: In terms of damage you really should give Tristana a try. Her lategame dmgoutput is just amazing. And for 1350 ip shes not that expensive. If you dont like her playstyle you are back to 6300 ip in a few games. For Corki vs MF id prefer Corki. He just got better escapes and his passive and mix of dmg is just harder to counter. MF is funny nonetheless but i see Corki as more usefull.

On the other hand, ever thought about Ashe? Her dmg might not be as high as the others but her kiting abilities and the wtf where did this just come from arrow is extremely usefull all over the games phases.

regards

I used to main ashe, I love her, but her lack of flashes is sooo punishing in Solo queue. One gap closer from a bruiser and your dead if arrow isnt up.