• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Last_Emperor

Last_Emperor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Basically I am working my way up with some friends etc, curently we all range from level 22-30. I am 24 and I feel that lack of IP is really holding me back from broadening my horizons/working on new champs. Pugging is rough because so often I end up on a soft team. When I premake it seems like we either steamroll or get matched against a lot of level28-30's and have long drawn out games.

Either way though I feel like I am earning IP at a pitiful rate.

Other than buying boots anyone have any recomendations for effective ways of earning IP faster.

#2 0123456789

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Basically I am working my way up with some friends etc, curently we all range from level 22-30. I am 24 and I feel that lack of IP is really holding me back from broadening my horizons/working on new champs. Pugging is rough because so often I end up on a soft team. When I premake it seems like we either steamroll or get matched against a lot of level28-30's and have long drawn out games.

Either way though I feel like I am earning IP at a pitiful rate.

Other than buying boots anyone have any recomendations for effective ways of earning IP faster.

ummm play 4 practice games a day, and play a lot?
I guess what you're looking for is something like easy wins to farm IP faster. Either run a push strat, learn to play better so you beat enemies faster, or run some cookie cutter OP strat. Don't know if this is still viable after the twitch nerf, but the kayle/twitch strat used to rape.

#3 Messiah

Messiah

BOSS

• Administrators
  • 3598 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

tanking losses is no doubt the fastest way to farm xp/ip
it works better when you have a full premade
you basicly 5 man afk at base and wait for game to end. normally takes like 15-20min and you get decent amount of xp/ip but it's mostly the speed of the games that makes it overall more efficient

#4 Entengummi

Entengummi

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

also your elo will drop quickly, so when you go back to really playing a game again, you will have an easy win

other options would be to just grind a lot, or to develop some patience
Posted Image
Entengummitiger@EU

#5 Last_Emperor

Last_Emperor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

Lol tanking would be funny dunno if my friends would go for it. Thanks for the advice though good sirs.

#6 Meta

Meta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

I've never tried loss tanking before, but it seems like a pretty cheesy/boring way to farm IP.

IMO the best (and most fun) way to farm IP is just to get a 4/5 man premade, build a fast-push strategy (Alistar, Sivir, rallies, etc) and try to push enemy towers as quickly as possible. It will become fairly obvious if you'll be successful early or not. If you're not on the road to victory at the 25-minute mark, you can probably just surrender and move on to the next game. Ideally you'll get some 15-20 minute wins, and your losses won't be any later than 25 minutes.

Additionally, depending on how much you play, how much spare cash you have, and what you're aiming to buy, IP boosts can be a good way to increase your IP boost. I bought a 14-day one a couple of months ago because I had a week off work, and farmed a TON of IP during that time.

Shortly afterward, I did some math and made a thread to determine the cost effectiveness of IP boosts:
http://leagueoflegen...ead.php?t=28042

Finally, if you're looking to unlock champions, buying the collectors pack and the champion bundle is BY FAR the most cost effective way to unlock everything. Together they cost less than your average PC/Console game, and the amount of spare IP you'll net in the long run is pretty huge.

#7 Degini

Degini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Finally, if you're looking to unlock champions, buying the collectors pack and the champion bundle is BY FAR the most cost effective way to unlock everything. Together they cost less than your average PC/Console game, and the amount of spare IP you'll net in the long run is pretty huge.

This. I really wish the second bundle was available when I started. By the time it was, and I bought it, I had already purchased twitch, Mundo and Gangplank, wasting 2 expensive heroes on IP.

#8 Muckbeast

Muckbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

I bought both bundles, and its really nice basically having all the heroes unlocked. Then I can easily spend IP on Nidalee, Udyr, and Poppy if I want.

#9 Corazu

Corazu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

I bought both bundles, and its really nice basically having all the heroes unlocked. Then I can easily spend IP on Nidalee, Udyr, and Poppy if I want.

I bought both as well, and I continue to use RP to buy champions, skins. I use my IP solely for runes and occasionally I get a boost if I'm playing often. I don't have any problem spending money to support this game - I used to spend plenty playing WoW and I enjoy this game.

The champion bundle was available the minute the store was up so I'm not sure what you're talking about it not being available.
Posted Image

#10 LemonWarlord

LemonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

This. I really wish the second bundle was available when I started. By the time it was, and I bought it, I had already purchased twitch, Mundo and Gangplank, wasting 2 expensive heroes on IP.

If you e-mail support@riot you can get your IP back.
My friend did it and there's various people that attest that they got their IP back.

Use the IP for runes or new heroes or such :P

#11 Jäger Zero

Jäger Zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

The 'own all of the champion' pack can yield a great excess of IP over time. With the pack and no other runes, you'll have enough IP for a full rune page by level 20.

#12 Muckbeast

Muckbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

The champion bundle was available the minute the store was up so I'm not sure what you're talking about it not being available.

I believe he was referring to the fact that they only recently made the SECOND bundle available that is the same as one of the retail box bundles. It would appear that the majority of LoL players downloaded the game rather than buying or pre-ordering the retail version.

The initial bundle only had half the champions.

#13 Corazu

Corazu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

I believe he was referring to the fact that they only recently made the SECOND bundle available that is the same as one of the retail box bundles. It would appear that the majority of LoL players downloaded the game rather than buying or pre-ordering the retail version.

The initial bundle only had half the champions.

The digital preorder was available in the store the moment the game came out also..

They originally had, before the store came out, the digital collectors/preorder on their website. This contained 20/40 champions, the same ones that came in the retail box. I bought this before the store came out myself. When the store came out, they announced the champions bundle which contained the other 20 champions. I bought that as well.

They were both there when the store opened. I remember them there, and I remember them being on the test realm when the store was being tested.

So I don't know what you're talking about.
Posted Image

#14 Muckbeast

Muckbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

The digital preorder was available in the store the moment the game came out also..

They originally had, before the store came out, the digital collectors/preorder on their website. This contained 20/40 champions, the same ones that came in the retail box. I bought this before the store came out myself. When the store came out, they announced the champions bundle which contained the other 20 champions. I bought that as well.

They were both there when the store opened. I remember them there, and I remember them being on the test realm when the store was being tested.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

When the game first came out, the only available bundle included the other 20 champions not in the preorder. I know, because I bought it and at the time wished there was a bundle for the other 20.

Then a couple weeks ago they added the bundle for the other 20.

That's what people are talking about here.

Buying preorders and digital retail copies of the game is a whole other issue. You couldn't buy those things with riot points.

#15 LemonWarlord

LemonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

When the game first came out, the only available bundle included the other 20 champions not in the preorder. I know, because I bought it and at the time wished there was a bundle for the other 20.

Then a couple weeks ago they added the bundle for the other 20.

That's what people are talking about here.

Buying preorders and digital retail copies of the game is a whole other issue. You couldn't buy those things with riot points.

I guess you could look at it that way.

But there was a bundle for the other twenty, just not in the in game Store. They were on the website to buy.

#16 Jäger Zero

Jäger Zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:42 AM

A 1v1 game on Twisted Treeline against a bot can end in under 10 min. I think that's the most efficient way.

#17 Corazu

Corazu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

I guess you could look at it that way.

But there was a bundle for the other twenty, just not in the in game Store. They were on the website to buy.

I am almost positive it was in the store at launch, I know it was on the test realm..although now I have my doubts as to whether it was on live..probably because they still had it available on their website..hmm.

You might be right, my bad.
Posted Image

#18 0123456789

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:26 AM

A 1v1 game on Twisted Treeline against a bot can end in under 10 min. I think that's the most efficient way.

Anything under 11 minutes is counted as a draw and you will therefore get no ip or exp.

#19 Jäger Zero

Jäger Zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:53 AM

Anything under 11 minutes is counted as a draw and you will therefore get no ip or exp.

You are correct. You could just make a practice game and push hard, but not win until the 11 min mark.

#20 LemonWarlord

LemonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:16 AM

I am almost positive it was in the store at launch, I know it was on the test realm..although now I have my doubts as to whether it was on live..probably because they still had it available on their website..hmm.

You might be right, my bad.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=41393

Although it's exactly the same as the one on the site so I don't understand what the initial problem was.