19 replies to this topic

#1 SharekhaN

SharekhaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hi People,

I have been playing Warwick for some time now, but I usually get stuck after my first two items.
I start off by building Madred's razor and then berserker greaves, so that I have some good damage and attack speed for me to bring down creep waves and get the buffs easily by lvl 5. Then I build the bloodrazer and most enemy champions get killed easily.

This is the hard part, what is a good supplementary item to the bloodrazer? Should I go for more attack damage like the black cleaver which stacks with my ultimate or should it be the infinity edge or should I go for something like the sword of the divine?

Kindly help me choose my third, fourth and fifth item.

TIA
SharekhaN

#2 Nanners

Nanners

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Building warwick as a dps just fails these days, any other dps is better :( Some are even good at jungling (like yi)

My preferred item build is

Madreds Razer
Merc Treads
Sunfire Cape
Bloodrazer
Atmas impaler
Inf Edge

It lets him keep some DPS while it makes him an ok fight initiator because of his tankyness, and his naturally high hp. It also makes him an AWESOME tower diver.

As for a phys dps maybe something like

Madreds
Serker Boots
Malady
Bloodrazer
Bloodthirster?

I guess having a nice amount of attackspeed for bloodrazer would be nice synergy with it, and you'd just have insane life steal with this build. I've stomped a few noob games with the dps build, but in the end he just isn't good enough for that. None of his abillities synergize at all together.

Posted Image

#3 Natu Utan

Natu Utan

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

First, pick a different champion!

If you refuse too, for the lols,

Warwick I feel benefits from an increased lifesteal (to go with his natural lifesteal, Makes him VERY annoying). So probably a Malady or Starks fervor, if you want lifesteal and more attack speed (I personally don't feel Warwick needs a lot of attack speed, since his main thing is his ultimate) oh, an Executioners Calling is always good, Life Steal, Crit, and stops healz. But I would really say a Bloodthirster for you. High Damage, and life steal. And since Warwick generally jungles a lot, you can easily get the extra attack prots from it.

I have only played Warwick a little bit, nothing really big with him, but in Theory and what you have said so far.

Berserker Greaves
Madreds Bloodrazer
Executioners Calling (The early lifesteal and stop of heals is better earlier, I would probably even upgrade to this before a Madreds Bloodrazer)
B.F Sword
B.F Sword (The raw Damage is great for the price, especially since you have an Ex calling for the lifesteal before a Bloodthirster)
Probably a Banshees Veil? Or Some other health item for more Survivability?

Upgrade B.F Sword into Bloodthirster, then I would go with whatever you think you need for the game.
"Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my Chains are broken.
The Force shall set you free.."
Posted Image

#4 Nanners

Nanners

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

First, pick a different champion!

If you refuse too, for the lols,

Warwick I feel benefits from an increased lifesteal (to go with his natural lifesteal, Makes him VERY annoying). So probably a Malady or Starks fervor, if you want lifesteal and more attack speed (I personally don't feel Warwick needs a lot of attack speed, since his main thing is his ultimate) oh, an Executioners Calling is always good, Life Steal, Crit, and stops healz. But I would really say a Bloodthirster for you. High Damage, and life steal. And since Warwick generally jungles a lot, you can easily get the extra attack prots from it.

I have only played Warwick a little bit, nothing really big with him, but in Theory and what you have said so far.

Berserker Greaves
Madreds Bloodrazer
Executioners Calling (The early lifesteal and stop of heals is better earlier, I would probably even upgrade to this before a Madreds Bloodrazer)
B.F Sword
B.F Sword (The raw Damage is great for the price, especially since you have an Ex calling for the lifesteal before a Bloodthirster)
Probably a Banshees Veil? Or Some other health item for more Survivability?

Upgrade B.F Sword into Bloodthirster, then I would go with whatever you think you need for the game.

Natu try a game with my tanky build. Its so lols to watch towers do shit to you as you run in and ult a half HP CM and finish him with your q.

Posted Image

#5 Natu Utan

Natu Utan

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Natu try a game with my tanky build. Its so lols to watch towers do shit to you as you run in and ult a half HP CM and finish him with your q.

Like I said, don't play Warwick to much, only have a few games with him under my belt. What I said was just TheoryCrafting.
"Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my Chains are broken.
The Force shall set you free.."
Posted Image

#6 SharekhaN

SharekhaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:17 AM

With warwick I know there are some issues, but I cant help liking this champion over others.

I usually dont get any items for survivability, as his natural lifesteal + malady would made him avail HP from many sources like creeps, enemy champions and neutral monsters.

Let me try my hand at a little math here. Please correct me if wrong.

My aim with the build is to 2 shot or 3 shot a squishy. So it would be ultimate + hungering strike = game over.

By theory, a greater attack speed is only good to an extent. You cannot use it with other champions. The only real use is while dealing with creep waves and towers. In any case, as people have suggested, Malady seems to be a great permanant addition.

The black cleaver lets me stack up - 12 armour up to 5 times. So with Warwicks ultimate that would cost an enemy champion close to 60 HP. so thats 435 damage total in the 6 strikes

Add the - 24% health due to the bloodrazor. On a 2400 health champion that is a pure 600 damage bonus. Another 40 damage x 6 = 240 from the bloodrazor

So we are now 655 physical damage + 600 magic damage over 6 strikes. Let me supposedly add a infinity edge to the mix. That is 80 physical damamge + 20% chance of crit. And a crit does 250 damage.

SO thats 80 x 5 + 250 = 650 damage. So now the total comes up to (655 + 650) + 600

So in a situation where I use my ultimate my damage dealt during the ultimate is close to (70% x (655+650))+600 = 1513 damage.
= A hungering strike is a flat 275 = 1788 damage. Thats quite a lot in two strikes and I think most for enemy champion who are already not at full health, this would mean game over.

berserker greaves
bloodrazor
malady
black cleaver
Infinity edge
??

#7 Argent Shaman

Argent Shaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

SharekhaN's build is essentially almost exactly how I build Warwick except in a slight different order.

Start out: Cloth armor and 5 HP pots for jungling.
Cloth Armor -> Mandred's Razor
Berserkers Greaves
Black Cleaver
Razor->Bloodrazor
Malady
etc.

~Argent

#8 Conan

Conan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

I play Warwick all the time and start at lvl 1 jungling and killing the golem.. I usually hit lvl 6 at 6 or 7 mins on the clock and then go kill whoever is half life.

My item build is:

-Cloth Armor +3 hp pots -> Madreds Razor
-Vamp Scepter
-Beserker Boots

and then from there depending on who im facing i build these in a different order but always these:

-Madreds Bloodrazor
-Wits End

my fifth and six depend on enemy team but usually are:

-Last whisper
-Divine Sword
IGN : Conan920
LVL 30

*Sniff Sniff* I call smell their stench. AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
*Chases target with bloody nose*
Posted Image

#9 DivineDivaSoraka

DivineDivaSoraka

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

lol. I'm liking the Suezo hat Conan =p. Btw, i've been using this build for my Soraka and it seems to work out pretty well. I've gotten the Madred's blood razor, berserker greaves, not sure what's good to get after this because i'm not sure which of the two, attack damage or attackspeed, should be developed first.

Thanks
Posted Image

#10 Conan

Conan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

lol. I'm liking the Suezo hat Conan =p. Btw, i've been using this build for my Soraka and it seems to work out pretty well. I've gotten the Madred's blood razor, berserker greaves, not sure what's good to get after this because i'm not sure which of the two, attack damage or attackspeed, should be developed first.

Thanks

LOL thx i did the drawing myself XD. I always go atk spd for WW over damage
LVL 30

*Sniff Sniff* I call smell their stench. AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
Posted Image

#11 fint

fint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

LOL thx i did the drawing myself XD. I always go atk spd for WW over damage

Out of curiousity, why? It would seem that he would benefit from more attack damage than speed, especially late game.

Doesn't he get enough attack speed from his skill?

#12 Conan

Conan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

Out of curiousity, why? It would seem that he would benefit from more attack damage than speed, especially late game.

Doesn't he get enough attack speed from his skill?

He does get a lot of atk spd from his skill but it isn't constant, and i like, as u can see, items like wits end and madred's. the faster i hit the more times they proc and i love draining an enemy's mana or ripping their health to shreds. Its a personal choice that works extremely well for me. Also sometimes a situation goes bad but a few more hits then normal turns the tide for me letting me heal back up faster.

Id rather always hit faster then just rely on the skill when its up. Again personal choice.
LVL 30

Posted Image

#13 Mothalova

Mothalova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

He does get a lot of atk spd from his skill but it isn't constant, and i like, as u can see, items like wits end and madred's. the faster i hit the more times they proc and i love draining an enemy's mana or ripping their health to shreds. Its a personal choice that works extremely well for me. Also sometimes a situation goes bad but a few more hits then normal turns the tide for me letting me heal back up faster.

Id rather always hit faster then just rely on the skill when its up. Again personal choice.

As an experimented Warwick player with a 5/1 w/l ratio, I highly agree with the Madred's Razor/Berserker Greave/Bloodrazor/Malady/Black Cleaver/Infi Edge/Guardian Angel or Banshees Veil for a bit of surv. This build never failed me.

#14 Conan

Conan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

As an experimented Warwick player with a 5/1 w/l ratio, I highly agree with the Madred's Razor/Berserker Greave/Bloodrazor/Malady/Black Cleaver/Infi Edge/Guardian Angel or Banshees Veil for a bit of surv. This build never failed me.

like i said i guess its all personal experience. Ive never EVER laned with warwick so i always tend to have an advantage since im lvling like a solo who never died. i got a roughly 2/1 w/l with over 120 wins with WW
LVL 30

Posted Image

#15 Curii

Curii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

I think people buying Greaves are crazy as Warwick is highly vulnerable and the extra survivabily helps him a lot more than in my opnion pretty much worthless attack speed which can be upgraded by other items.

#16 dongs

dongs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

Madred's Razor > Boots > lots of sunfire capes or a guardian angel if necessary

#17 Wabisuke92

Wabisuke92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:23 AM

I use warwick more then i do any other champion and this is a build that works very well for me most of the time.

Ninja Tabi
Phantom Dancers
Bloodrazer
Hextech Gunblade
Phantom Dancers
Thornmail

Most of the time the fight is over by now but on a few occasions it wasn't so i sold the Ninja Tabi and replaced them with
Infinity Edge. I use this build every time i use warwick. Out of the last 15 games i only lost 2 so i would say it works pretty well. To be truthful i do have trouble with ranged champions a bit at first till i reach lvl 6 and get my ult. The movement speed helps alot to run down champions trying to get away.

#18 Giest

Giest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

Warwick was the second character I bought, I'm currently summoner level 17, so I don't play with all the level 30s yet.
However, I do have a couple RL friends that got me into this game who've been level 30 with 300-400 wins. So when I do arranged teams with them, I always get enemy teams that are quite a bit more skilled then I am.
Warwick is my character every game I can now. And I always follow a similar item build.

My item build is
1. Bloodrazor, I think we can all agree this is a must for a Warwick.
2. Berserker Greaves, I've never had an issue with Survivability as Warwick as long as you pay attention to team fights and never jump in when you're losing. Play it cool.
3. Malady, with the new changes to Malady, this item is a must, the attack speed is extremely useful, and the new magic damage just adds so much to your attacks.
4. Now here's where I make a decision, Normally I go for Wit's End at this point.
However, some games I've found Guinsoo's Rageblade to be a very valuable choice instead of Wit's End. But, most games I don't get the rageblade.
5. Stark's Fervor, no questions asked, amazing item for Warwick. Helps out the team, just great overall.
6. Normally I'll get Nashor's Tooth for my last item. The cooldown reduction is extremely useful for beating people down with skills every couple seconds in addition to all your item procs and Lifesteal passive and Stark's. It also gets your Ult back faster to pop on those people running away. :)

#19 Dret

Dret

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

Bloodrazor, Guardian Angel, Bloodthirster. In that order.
Profit.

#20 Hraklea

Hraklea

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

Razor, Guardian Angel, Bloodrazor, Bloodthirster. In that order.

Fixed. :P