• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 keshan

keshan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post here on solomid forums, and I'd ask for a little help.

Today I'm having quite a bad luck in solo queue and lost 4 games already only because of Jax on enemy team (ofc i can't ever have a good one on my team -_-') i was up against him 2 times, one raped me hard the other one was kinda passive, but i really don't know how to counter his early game, or late game, if he is good with good runes he can take away 1/3-1/4 of my hp at lvl 2-3.

Thanks!

#2 D1eoX

D1eoX

Doer of Barrel Rolls

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Best thing I've found against Jax is a good dose of Burst Down (Available at most local convenience stores!)

But if you are in Solo queue and not playing a bursty champ the best thing to do is play smart and not let him farm up. Jax is shit without his items.
95x546.jpg

I got MPTS

What happens when you combine The Rain Man and The Odd One? You get The Odd Man... a beast that can play jungle teemo and have ganked top, mid, and bot and gotten four assist and one kill before the clock strikes five minutes. And in every single gank he tanks the tower himself.

#3 keshan

keshan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Best thing I've found against Jax is a good dose of Burst Down (Available at most local convenience stores!)

But if you are in Solo queue and not playing a bursty champ the best thing to do is play smart and not let him farm up. Jax is shit without his items.

But how do you keep him from farming when he does so much damage and you can't even go near him on lane?

#4 VengefulLegatus

VengefulLegatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Option 1:
Jungle and don't care about laning.
option 2:
go duo lane
Option 3: (my favourite)
last hit from behind the minions. Stand just behind the minions when you have a sizable minion wave. If you don't, stand far back. also, exhaust is a good spell to punish.

#5 supernova

supernova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

Any champion that can burst as much as him, or heal counters him on lane, like Irelia, Vlad, Rumble, and etc.

Burst/CC/Exhuast counters him on teamfights.

#6 Red Panda

Red Panda

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

The trick to high burst-damage jumpers (kat, jax, irelia, ...), is standing behind or in your own creepwave and not backing up when he jumps - it's too late anyway then - but striking back!

You can see if he targeted you by his healthbar showing yellow, this also gives you sometimes a hint.

But just strike back! Don't let him get umharmed away with his harass - if you can't burst that hard yourself at least your creeps will help you (that's why you stand behind or in them - and they hurt a LOT on lvl 1-3). Pack an exhaust to surprise+punish him when he jumps in a big creepwave. Once he loses half his health just from one unlucky jump you are kind of save until the enemy jungler approaches.

You now survived the first few minutes and got some CS - time to buy a negatron cloak on first trip back.

#7 Val

Val

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Good Jax(e)s (WHAT IS PLURAL FOR JAX) will want you to stand near the minion wave, because they'll get a nice AoE stun from that.

Just utilize the brush as best as you can, and zone him out, and punish him if he tries to burst you.

Posted Image
Valitrix
Ability Power Carry

#8 Oddrick

Oddrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

Sword of the Divine, GG.

Resident bitch.

#9 gostoppable

gostoppable

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

Garen stomps him pretty hard.

#10 EvilASD

EvilASD

Cute like Teemo

• Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Rumble, Alistar are hard and exhaust Teemo and Rammus destroys him according to a friend who currently mains Jax at high elo. He wards both jungle entrances though.

#11 niNjaballa

niNjaballa

Haxed's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

Its difficult to counter him early game because, as stated, he can burst very heartily, the whole thing is to sustain him, you need a champ that can stick in there with him and counter harass so he cant push you around. Champs that can do this are as follows:

Xin Zhao (Heals every 3rd attack creating easy sustainability, and also, Jax's dodge early shouldnt be TOO much of a factor so you should be fine)

Irelia (Heals with her ultimate, stuns when lower health than the opponent, therefor, when he leaps, take the damage, stun him Q, walk away)

Rumble (HUGE damage output in the early levels and no mana to worry about when harassing so dont worry about that either, also, should be tanky early so he can take the damage from Jax)

PS. Sword of the Divine > Jax
Posted Image

#12 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

FARM

:3

Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#13 Shiftrider

Shiftrider

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

FARM

:3

Sword of the Divine, GG.

Also you can play a strong jungler and gank jax when he jumps to your ally, sounds easy enough and actually it is easy enough! if jax plays passive and lets your ally farm and get items then GG, if he jumps and plays aggressive it's your job to punish him. If he wards get an oracle.
Giving lessons! Link to thread for more information. Thanks for support!

#14 digress

digress

morally serious

• Members
  • 2581 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Caddy

Caddy

• Members
  • 4712 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

It's QWE, not just Q. Gosh think outside of the box jeeze.
Posted Image
Have a question? Check out my Request thread. Or perhaps you care to play with me?

"It's good to know your opponents' skills so you can think in their shoes, so you know what they're going to do" - ReginaId
"Caddy you are always TL;DR, stop using so much detail"
Decided to go back to my Retro Sig!

#16 Iddink

Iddink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

I just had the crew from 25 minutes to surrender on the phone and they told me the sollution;

Carry harder!

p.s. if you dont get it then just listen to any random episode of the 25mts podcasts :P

#17 Ginko

Ginko

BOSS

• Members
  • 6534 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

I always Counter Jax after his jump. To make sure he loses more HP than i just did.

And if i can...kill him. That will make him think twice about jumping on my face again.

But ok, thats when i'm not playing squishy.

But what works best is slowing him down (example exhaust) and mostly deal magicdmg. Since he cannot dodge that.
"ELO is a measure of progress, not skill"

Posted Image