12 replies to this topic

#1 aerborne

aerborne

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

Sheen, boots of sorc, majai, lichbane rod of ages, dfg and zhonyas ring. I know it's alot to shoot for but as soon as you get lichbane and start stacking those majai's this build is absolutely devastaing.

I take cleanse and heal so i can remove exec calling, remove scurvey gets huge bonus from AP, and your ult becomes really strong, it's like it's raining freight trains.

magic pen reds and flat cdr blues. When i get a Zhonyas ring (even though it's kinda late) i get up in the 600 AP range and do 1000+dmg noncrits with parley and DFG procs for 54%.

Any one have any thoughts or tried this before? Seems like it would be REALLY good in a AE team build. Ult>DFG>Parley can almost outright kill squishies.

#2 loveinabottleRELOADED

loveinabottleRELOADED

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

gonna try
Posted Image

#3 Heat n Serve

Heat n Serve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

don't do it... it fails. You pay more gold for the same damage that you could have done by buying damage items.

Sheen at level 8 or 9 will give you 80 damage, then you spend another 2400 gold to make it a lich bane and you still do 80 damage (this time its from AP not base damage). You gain nothing.

#4 Doomsday

Doomsday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

I don't see how parrly gets that much damage because it is not effected by AP. Also, the AP ratio on Cannon Barrage is 5 to 1, that means 100 AP gets you only 20 more damage.

Remove scurvy however would climb to stupid healing rates, as it has a 1 to 1 AP ratio.

This would seem to be more a tank build, but you wouldn't be focused on because you aren't much of a threat. (Unless parrly can really do the damage you say it does)

#5 aerborne

aerborne

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

don't do it... it fails. You pay more gold for the same damage that you could have done by buying damage items.

Sheen at level 8 or 9 will give you 80 damage, then you spend another 2400 gold to make it a lich bane and you still do 80 damage (this time its from AP not base damage). You gain nothing.

You ignore majai. I wouldn't run this build if i didn't think i could get stacks of majai. I don't have a problem building up charges by level 8 or 9, the mejai, boots lichbane is about the same cost as your guise boots sheen BFSword, (i dunno if you still use it). 4 stacks of majais and i'm doing more dmg then your BF sword with parley on noncrits, 6 or 7 and i'm doing more then your crits.

I don't see how parrly gets that much damage because it is not effected by AP. Also, the AP ratio on Cannon Barrage is 5 to 1, that means 100 AP gets you only 20 more damage.

Remove scurvy however would climb to stupid healing rates, as it has a 1 to 1 AP ratio.

This would seem to be more a tank build, but you wouldn't be focused on because you aren't much of a threat. (Unless parrly can really do the damage you say it does)

it depends on majai, parley gets your AP from lichbane, and getting stacks of majai up early makes the dmg scale up. Like i said above i wouldn't do this build if i didn't think i could get 3 or 4 stacks on majai, I haven't had a problem outdmging other crit dps build pirates, granted i doubt they were as good as Heat n Serve.

I also didn't get to play much last night before the server crashed, so i haven't really perfected my build order. I'm thinking going the 2 regen items from guise, then majai, then boots 1 sheen lichbane boots 2 guise and selling the guise for dfg will do well for the cdr, i've played with that too, or getting the guise completed earlier.

*editted for typo* would=wouldn't

#6 Phix

Phix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

You ignore majai. I would run this build if i didn't think i could get stacks of majai. I don't have a problem building up charges by level 8 or 9, the mejai, boots lichbane is about the same cost as your guise boots sheen BFSword, (i dunno if you still use it). 4 stacks of majais and i'm doing more dmg then your BF sword with parley on noncrits, 6 or 7 and i'm doing more then your crits.

it depends on majai, parley gets your AP from lichbane, and getting stacks of majai up early makes the dmg scale up. Like i said above i wouldn't do this build if i didn't think i could get 3 or 4 stacks on majai, I haven't had a problem outdmging other crit dps build pirates, granted i doubt they were as good as Heat n Serve.

I also didn't get to play much last night before the server crashed, so i haven't really perfected my build order. I'm thinking going the 2 regen items from guise, then majai, then boots 1 sheen lichbane boots 2 guise and selling the guise for dfg will do well for the cdr, i've played with that too, or getting the guise completed earlier.

My big question is, what do you do when parlay is on cooldown? I see your logic and I'm sure your parlay hits like a truck *if* you stack your mejai's and *if* you can farm all those items.

but

You lose the ability to do anything but parlay and ult...and I guess heal yourself for godlike amounts. With physical build you can still be melee dps, with lifesteal, with a bomb dropping parlay, and your ult still hits darn hard with haunting guise/sorc boots.

#7 aerborne

aerborne

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

The same thing annie, and fiddlesticks does when their abilities are on cooldown, we don't use that logic to build their characters DPS. If i wanted to play a melee DPS carry i would. Pirate's certainly not as good at it as other characters. It's not like i think this is a exclusively the best pirate build ever. Just that it's an efficient high DMG kite centric AP Burst build. Late game this build makes your ult 50+% stronger then a DPS build. your heal is for over 1000 health, and cleanse lets you remove exec calling to use it.

You say *IF* i can farm as if other builds don't farm items. Sorc Boots, Majai, Lichbane and Rod of ages is 2000 Gold cheaper then the guise, boots triforce inf edge, and the build is definately for a more bursty kitey playstyle like mine, and it gives your alot of damage early compared to the infedge triforce plank.

#8 Heat n Serve

Heat n Serve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

I was going to post just to play devil's advocate with you, but it seems Parrrley is going to be physical damage in the next patch:
https://www.leagueof...ead.php?t=56425

This changes things a lot, potentially. As such, I feel like it's not worthwhile discussing things that are subject to change in a few weeks. :)

Good luck with your AP build... peace out!

#9 daze

daze

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

I was going to post just to play devil's advocate with you, but it seems Parrrley is going to be physical damage in the next patch:
https://www.leagueof...ead.php?t=56425

This changes things a lot, potentially. As such, I feel like it's not worthwhile discussing things that are subject to change in a few weeks. :)

Good luck with your AP build... peace out!

Can somebody post TR patch notes?
tl/champs/cb. gg

#10 aerborne

aerborne

Uber Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

Gangplank
Parley
Changed to now deal physical damage.
Fixed a bug in which Parley was dealing extra damage.
Parley percentage damage increased to 110% from 80%
Parley bonus damage reduced at early levels to 20/55/90/120/150 from 30/60/90/120/150.
Parley no longer applies grog soaked blade.
Fixed a tooltip issue with grog soaked blade.

#11 Algazar

Algazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

So its true... i have no comments on this changes/nerf,simply no damn words to describe it,so pissed.Gangplank my favorite champion,most played and not now,but from older times...months.Can any1 explain how you see him now? at what position? and what future lies to him?
Heat n Serve point of view with facts always welcomed by me ;)

#12 Mudkips

Mudkips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

Put it this way, twisted fate mayaswell be called flash coz he gets nerfed every f**kin patch, your AP build probs wont work with the damage becoming physical, but you'll still be able to do a shit load damage (specialy with the extra 30% they're applying to the bonus on parrrley) so look on the brightside :P
So i herd u liek me? ;)

#13 Secret Santana

Secret Santana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

I've tried a build like this more than a few times. The first time trying, I went 12-0-16 so I figured it was worth investigating.

Haunting Guise
Sorcerer's Boots
Soulstealer
Lichbane
Zhonya's Ring
<misc>

It's a novelty build, really. It works out well more often than not, but is still not as consistent as normal pinpoint parrrley + bombs. The best surprise was that Remove Scurvy heals for 700-900 health every 11 seconds if needed.