However, he now scales incredibly well with onhit damage and plays like a magic damage marksman. He has trouble surviving or making an impact through lane, so in my opinion, Kog is now best as a jungler! His clear is extremely fast and surprisingly healthy. Buy machete and pots, start Krugs, and do up to eight camps before backing. Simply kite camps while W is on cooldown.
Skill W > Q > E > max R > max Q > max W > max E. (this also goes for lane)
Build these items and probably skip Wit's End if you need a defensive item.
Run 6/18/6 masteries- Fury, Feast, Savagery, Runic Affinity, Merciless, Dangerous Game, Precision, Stormraider's Surge, Recovery, Tough Skin.
For runes take some combination of AS quints, armor seals, scaling CDR/AS/scaling MR/MR/CDR glyphs, and AS/AD marks.
Hi all, I'm Tinkady, a three-time Diamond player on the NA server. This guide is a place for me to showcase my current build, musings, and math on AP Kog'maw.
My favorite champions have always been poke-heavy mids: AP Corki, AP Kog'maw, pre-rework Nidalee, Jayce, etc. As a general rule, this type of champion is incredibly strong in solo queue due to a lack of coordination on the other team. You may know me from my Solomid guide on AP Corki, which was sadly nerfed from its OP state. As a result, I've switched back to AP Kog'maw as my go-to mid.
Overall, I have approximately 250 AP Kog'maw games played with an estimated winrate of at least 60%. The AP itemization rework of patch 5.13 greatly favored AP Kog, particularly via buffs to Rylai's and Liandry's. After patch 5.13, I went on a 11-1 run with Kog'maw. My ranked stats are also shown below.
AP Kog'maw is quite possibly the most extreme champion in League of Legends (extreme, not overpowered). A lategame AP Kog is one of the strongest hypercarries, and can deal his damage from nearly an entire screen away (2200 range). I'm not exaggerating when I say that I almost always do the most damage to champions in the game, and quite often deal double the second highest value. On four recorded occasions, two since patch 5.13, I've dealt more damage than the rest of my team put together:
In competitive play, this feat is not particularly rare. When an organized team groups around an AP Kog'maw, ludicrous amounts of damage will be dealt. Look no further than Bjergsen's last two Kog games in the gameplay section later in the guide.
- Best champion in the game after level 16 powerspike
- Depending on patch, ranks #1 or #2 in overall damage dealt (along with mid Karthus)
- Longest range and most damaging poke in the game
- Extremely strong sustained AoE DPS
- Decently good burst with E-R combo
- Instant long range waveclear at level 9- safe farmer, and best turtler in the game (comparable to Ziggs)
- Can singlehandedly carry games after ~25-35 minutes
- Can engage and disengage from long range after Rylai's purchase
- Tank killer: sustained DPS with W and R, % health damage on W and Liandry's, Penetration on Q and Boots/Liandry's/Void
- Lion Dance skin is awesome
- Weak early laning phase and map pressure
- Assassins can crush you in lane and snowball
- Relatively long ramp-up time
- Squishy with no escapes - mitigated by Flash/Ghost
- Hurt by blue buff denial
- Skillshot reliant- inconsistent damage and difficult to play