To avoid false information, I will only list heroes I play against, and my opinion afterwards when I lane against them with Malphite. I will not be putting theorycraft into this guide, only legitimate problems I encounter in lane as Malphite
- If he lanes against you, you're screwed since you have no disable for drain until 6, but he has horrible poke so just farm, and don't stand in his drain.
- Granite shield deals with the Parley spam effectively. Don't trade auto-attack blows with him, and focus on farming.
- It's a farm-fest for both, and since she cannot poke you, you can win the lane early with seismic shard spam.
- I've seen many players try cassiopeia top in order to lane against Malphite, but her poke early-game is not enough to zone you especially when you go for teleport as a summoner, she won't be a problem until it hits level 7-9+. Investing in an early negatron cloak however, will cause her to be a minor problem later.
- You both farm non-stop, you resist his pokes with granite shield and he recovers from yours with his passive "carnivore". If you play very aggressive it's possible to zone him early before he can clear minions with rupture and feral scream, but at mid-game it will be a stalemate.
- You shield his harass, he shields your harass. Once he hits revolver, he will be constantly pushing you to turret and blocking your harass (he beats you later)
- Beats you early-game and can snowball into a mid-game where she beats you, but once you have a few core armour items she only tickles.
- You lose to Rumble, if a Rumble is counter-picked against you take smite and jungle instead.
- Not really a problem in lane, as his early-game poke is horrid compared to your seismic shard, and you block his overload with granite shield. He only beats you late-game, but you can grab a negatron and make him useless.
- Ground slam makes him useless, as most Tryndamere's get wriggles first, they will be attempting to trade blows with you at 0.4 attack speed.
- Annoying, but you can farm as much as you want. She doesn't break your granite shield easily, and most of her cougar damage is physical.
- Beats you in lane fairly hard, early-mid as he can outsustain your pokes, and poke harder with his ghouls. You can farm, but he can generally zone you easily once he gets tear of the goddess.
- Strong early-game and can out-sustain you if you don't have enough potions. Be sure to get 3-5 potions per back and watch his fury early-game as he can burst you down when you don't have armour items. You beat him later in trades when you have a sunfire.
- Has many skill paths, maxing Q will mean he has kill potential on you until you get a few armor items, but if he maxes tempest you'll have to worry about the physical damage of his auto-attacks and the magic damage of his tempest. To fare well in this match-up you'll need to build a doran's shield start with teleport and port back to heal when he has kill potential. Farm until you have enough for a sunfire-cape and you'll be winning the trades onwards. (Unless he builds wit's end, then you'll lose over-all. Opt to roam as wit's end Lee Sin is only strong in Lane vs. you but useless in 2 v 2 to 5v5)