Nice to meet'cha.
I've wanted to make a guide for my best and favourite champion for quite awhile now. Everything about Rumble's design, playstyle, kit, and even personality has interested me and made me adore him as a character, and someone who kicks a lot of ass since he was released on April 25th, 2011!
As of January 1st, 2013 I have played Rumble in over 4000+ Games, be them Ranked, Normal, or on Smurf accounts or other accounts, and achieved Diamond rating on 2 accounts in season 2 as Rumble, The Mechanized Menace. I'm here to show you how I play him, build him, and many other things that are just nice to know! In a short, quick, and sweet format. Not taking too much time, but just enough to explain all there is to know about my favourite little yordle.
With all my personality and character design loves about him aside, his overall damage and burst, teamfight disruption and overall AOE explosion is incredible, here are some pros and cons.
Pros and Cons-
- Lots of consistent and free damage
- Short CD Shield to absorb incoming damage
- Manaless caster with increased damage from passive
- Long range aoe ult
- AOE/Teamfight extraordinaire
- Lots of slows
- If managed poorly, you can overheat and silence yourself
- No actual escape ability(ie; dash/blink/knockback)
- Easily escapable ult with a dash or blink
- Can be kited if you miss harpoons
So much damage can be done, and I love seeing the numbers fly above someones head! With his massive AOE, and his insane consistent bases. His damage is quite deceiving. Ganks from the enemy jungler can be turned into double kills for you if you play it right.
Some Good Counters to Rumble-
Rumble is extremely fragile from levels 1-5 and can easily be dominated during those levels. This is why I have always take my at level 1, to farm minions from afar, or to harass from a distance with it. Passively farm and gain EXP to get to level 5 and dominate them back!
- Ghouls > . This top laner can be difficult for most new/moderate players with rumble, but after time and practice, seasoned Rumble players will see that they can stomp him quite efficiently.
- If you have a not so good early presence jungler, like warwick or Shyvana. Riven can start off with just a dorans blade, which in this case can fuck you up early because of your lack of early game damage and with her added mobility, so play extra careful around it.
- Can be a difficult lane. Try to dodge his axes to your best extent. After level 6 it gets kinda hard. True damage blows through armor, and his ult can negate all of your slows. All around just be careful around him.
- Believe me or not this guy can fuck you up in lane, a knockup that turns you around, big ole burst of silence that can mess up combos, a speedup that is decent in avoiding harpoons and getting away, free health from a massive mana barrier and if you try to get away with your shield? You're not going anywhere.
- 3 second silence to mess up combos, and Rumble is a caster afterall. A decent knockup that slows if you try to engage on him and a big ole burst of damage from feast, he's truely a force to be reckoned with as the little furball. Can be easily abused levels 1-6, but after? good luck killing him.
- Has range to kite you around, plus one of in my personal opinion best disengage on rumble in the game. He can knockback and turn you around making him avoid flamespitter completely, while also chunking your health and speed boosting away. Be careful 'round him.
- Is quite a tricky lane, since she does amazing vs melee characters and in fights can quickly get you out with her % damage skills. Plus being able to dodge up to 2 seconds of your damage is quite annoying. Starting 9 pots is a good idea here.