Garen is a powerful anti AP bruiser with the recent rework and large amount of ap tops being played in the current meta. I thought it was a good time to write a guide on how to play this juggernaut of a top lane. I've played Garen for a long time and I believe my insight could be very useful. My hopes is that this guides improves your gameplay.
Every intro's better with a pro and cons list right? OF COURSE IT IS.
- Tanky (Durable with decent damage)
- Strong vs AP
- Gets free armor and magic resist
- Strong vs cc (Crowd control aka stuns, silences and slows)
- Deals a good amount of damage
- Easily kitable if one isn't careful
- Lacks a gap closer to jump champions
- Ult deals magic damage instead of physical
- Slightly longer cool downs than you would want
- Loses hard to ranged ad champions
is insanely strong for shutting AP bruisers:
And passive lanes:
Down to the ground without changing ones team comp too much.
However is far from perfect he's weak to a lot of ranged lanes:
But I find that his strength's outweigh his weakness's. I find that if used as a counterpick or is uncountered one can faceroll with top.