This is going to be the most in-depth part of the guide. Prepare for a HUGE wall of text for this part.
Alright, so in Season 3 with the minor nerf to movement speed items and the buff to base move speed, there are now a few options you can choose to start with. Keep in mind that there are many more than you would think, so just experiment with things as you go.
Alright, so your general starting options can be
Great against heavy early game ad champions, and you dont give up alot by not starting boots now :D
Take jungle camp at 1:40, ward up, hit 2, all in. Simple as that.
- saves money on pots against high harass lane such as
- One of these is not too bad overall with a little bit more hp per hit.
Against AD/Split push:
- Armor for obvious reasons. And great to counteract split push since Irelia has no innate wave clear unless you spam ult
- With the addition of attack speed, this has become god tier item for Irelia. Must have in your build even if they do not stack HP
- Great stats for Irelia. Allows you to get berserkers for more lane presence.
- Must get. Enough said
- This is very snowbally centered, if youre winning hard you can consider this or build standar.
Secondary build objectives.
Welp, you need to upgrade
You have a few options in a variety of situations, I'll just go over a few
- AD lane, No brainer here.
- This would be your item unless youre getting raped hard by AD which would mean getting tabi's. You will buy tenacity in
so you can grab another damage oriented item.
- Rush vs AP because you won't be building MR. Grab Zephyr in the later portions of the game
- I tried this item once. I have fallen in love with it. Active proc's triforce, and you can just deal so much damage in an AOE along with just raping face. Definitely an item I would always consider getting.
- Kind of a nerf on this item, but it still works, especially when you have to kill the AD. Health is great now as well.
- HAHAHAHAHA SCRUB BUILDING WARMOGS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AHAHAHAHAHAHA If your team needs a beefier front line, this works wonders. also great against alot of true damage from champions like
- Cost might have gone up, but still one of the most effective items in the game against AD. Along with
that carry ain't gonna kill you.
- Go all in onto whoever you're trying to kill with this item. So much attack speed and crit upon activation, works very well for assassination.
- Damage enhancement, life steal? Why the hec not if you want it. :)
- CDR/AD/Armor shred. Great when you have to peel heavy armor targets off your carries
- If your winning so hard, You can get this for just lols.
- Exceptional peel and whack slow, great alternative to Trinity.
- Not needed unless you need to stay alive
- Get if your team ABSOLUTELY NEEDS IT
Tier 3 boot Options.
- More move speed! Yay!
- Grab if you have teleport just to apply more pressure than normal.
- Irelia deals single target damage, get for fighting against slippery targets.
- Base defense go!
Last but certainly the MOST important.
- Ah yes, the sight ward. It helps make sure you don't die in lane and makes sure you know where people are at any given point in time. These things will save your life. Please, just buy them, it just decreases the chances of death. I've heard of so many people that just constantly complain about ganks, but they don't have wards. It can be much more preventable if you'd just use the damn thing.
OH OH OH OH ! YOU CAN GET
TOO! Not only supports can get this item, you know. It can easily pay for its self (10wards) and you don't have to buy wards. Dont upgrade it if you choose to get it, especially if your jungler/support have already gotten one. I mean, you can, but then it becomes less cost effective because that ruby crystal couldve gone towards more itemising.
I can rant on and on about the importance of wards. Wards should be spread throughout the team, even with the sightstones now it will be less of a hassle, but you STILL have to help ward. You can be 15k gold behind your enemy laner, but wards will still be an important part of winning the game. Being behind mean you have to play to the best of your abilities, which means NOT DYING ANYMORE. Which is what wards can be used for.
- Alright, this is one of those things thats less imperative. You have to spread the use of consumables across your team. I would consider getting oracles now because constantly getting it on a support and jungler just slows their build down. Why not help them? Even if your behind as well, grabbing this can be a serious help to your team, and controlling objectives. Don't bitch about it,its a team game, so play like a team and spread things throughout your team. The fact that it's 5 minutes means that there must be more bought throughout a game if you want to control objectives.
Make sure you get elixirs for fights, and when youve completed your build. Get oracles when you have finished, just to make sure you can secure map pressure at the cost of literally nothing.